• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1-Detroit (+6.5) at Chicago

Julius Pepper vs. Jeff Backus
    Knox vs. secondary

And of course this guy...

+3... I heard earlier this week it was +6.5 (which is outrageous).

Comment

QB-This is Jay Cutler's first year in Martz's scheme and I'd go to war with Stafford any day. We'll push.
      RB-I believe Jahvid is the best back in this game.
      WR/TE-clearly the Lions have better weapons. CJ, Burleson, Scheff, Pett.
      OLine-For all the Lion's problems, the Bears have some weak links as well. Push.
      DLine-Peppers, Harris vs Suh, KVB, Williams. Harris hasn't been the same player he was early in his career. I'm going to say push but I trust our line more.
      LB- Bears, Urlacher, Briggs, and Pisa. This isn't close. Advantage: Bears.
      Secondary-Advantage Bears. I'm a huge Bowman fan.
      Special Teams-Advantage Bears. We always start inside our 20, while opponents start at midfield. Until I witness it in the regular season then any team in the league will have an advantage over us here.
      Wildcard: Team chemistry. What chemistry do the Bears have? Does anyone on the team or city believe in Jay Cutler? Detroit has passion, new found talent, and optimism going for them. By comparison, Chicago seems to be mired in stagnation. Can we play inspired Defense with less talent?

I'd say our best bet would be to find rhythm for our offense early and put some points on the board. I want a shootout. Let's make Jay Cutler rush the game by trying to come from behind. Their defense is talented, but we can put 5 pretty good weapons on the field. Hopefully we'll push our advantages as best we can and their defensive edge won't help them match our scoreboard. Turnover battle is key.

Lions 10 3 7 7 27
      Bears 3 7 0 7 17
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
        +3... I heard earlier this week it was +6.5 (which is outrageous).
        You are right, its 6.5. I think it was at 3 earlier in the week but I'm probably just wrong.
        Last edited by Scotty D; 09-08-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          QB-This is Jay Cutler's first year in Martz's scheme and I'd go to war with Stafford any day. We'll push.
          RB-I believe Jahvid is the best back in this game.
          WR/TE-clearly the Lions have better weapons. CJ, Burleson, Scheff, Pett.
          OLine-For all the Lion's problems, the Bears have some weak links as well. Push.
          DLine-Peppers, Harris vs Suh, KVB, Williams. Harris hasn't been the same player he was early in his career. I'm going to say push but I trust our line more.
          LB- Bears, Urlacher, Briggs, and Pisa. This isn't close. Advantage: Bears.
          Secondary-Advantage Bears. I'm a huge Bowman fan.
          Special Teams-Advantage Bears. We always start inside our 20, while opponents start at midfield. Until I witness it in the regular season then any team in the league will have an advantage over us here.
          Wildcard: Team chemistry. What chemistry do the Bears have? Does anyone on the team or city believe in Jay Cutler? Detroit has passion, new found talent, and optimism going for them. By comparison, Chicago seems to be mired in stagnation. Can we play inspired Defense with less talent?

I'd say our best bet would be to find rhythm for our offense early and put some points on the board. I want a shootout. Let's make Jay Cutler rush the game by trying to come from behind. Their defense is talented, but we can put 5 pretty good weapons on the field. Hopefully we'll push our advantages as best we can and their defensive edge won't help them match our scoreboard. Turnover battle is key.

Lions 10 3 7 7 27
          Bears 3 7 0 7 17
          As far as secondary, I would say push or slight edge to the Bears. Their secondary has been pretty awful this preseason and last season. Stafford should be looking to attack their safeties at any chance he gets.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, I'd give the QB edge to Detroit. Cutler still hasn't looked all that great in the Martz system. Even though its preseason, you would hope (if you were a Bears fan) that he would show some rythym and put together a solid scoring drive or two. But he looked more lost and out of sync with his receivers than ever. There is also talk about how Cutler is a much stronger QB when the play breaks down and as far as being a drop back and pass QB. That doesn't work in the Martz system so well. Maybe on Sunday something will click, but right now I think Stafford is looking SOLID and Cutler looks dull. Advantage Lions.

Comment

+6.5 is massive for this game. wth

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              +6.5 is massive for this game. wth
              The only thing I can think of is that the starting MLB Levy is doubtful and they might have some info that Delmas won't play. Without Delmas in this game I don't think they can win.

Comment

What I have been hearing a ton about is how Martz will spread out or thin secondary & toss the rock around the yard & beat Detroit in that fashion ... I would argue, Detroit has (per guy) more explosive players to do EXACTLY that same thing to Chicago while they have the rock! Knox,Hester,Olsen,Forte don't really make me shiver.
                However, Stafford carving up a (being modest) average Bears secondary with Johnson,Burleson,Johnson,Pettigrew,Scheffler,Best ... I mean that is a sick group of athletes!
                Yes Detroit's back 7 is raw & inexperienced, but Chicago is vulnerable where we are strong. Our Dline against their Oline. Our offensive weapons (listed above) against their DB's etc.
                Last edited by SINCE1978; 09-09-2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

I have a sneaky feeling that you guys might be good this year. Mike Martz is pretty brutal though.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Im predicting the Lions win Sunday 27- 20. I see the Bears as one of the worst teams in the NFL this year and they will go 3-13.

Some more predictions!:

- Jahvid Best will have just over 100 all purpose yards and have 1 rushing TD
                    - Stafford will throw 2 TDs, one to CJ and perhaps BJ in the endzone
                    - Both QBs will have at least 1 interception
                    - Last but not least Delmas will start :)

Comment

Linehan can go **** himself for that ****** conservative playcalling after the fumble recovery.

Throw the ******* ball.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I agree Xio, where is Calvin?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          I agree Xio, where is Calvin?
                          I thought for sure the 1st and goal play was gonna be a fade to Calvin in the corner. But I bet everyone else in the stadium thought that too, which is the beauty of having so many offensive weapons to misdirect attention with.

I bet they don't wait much longer to throw at him.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Best has two TDs but his YPC is terrible.

Comment

i don't wanna know how we let Forte get an 89 yard TD. sounds like a bunch of missed tackles.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information