No announcement yet.

Week 2-Philadelphia at Detroit (+4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pettigrew had a nice day, 7 catches for 108 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      Pettigrew had a nice day, 7 catches for 108 yards.
      He's no Michael Oher ...
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        He's no Michael Oher ...
        just try to see some silver lining.

some days I hate this game. I really do.

why can't we ever win but the goddamn chicago bears just went 2-0? Why are the Buccaneers 2-0?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          just try to see some silver lining.

some days I hate this game. I really do.

why can't we ever win but the goddamn chicago bears just went 2-0? Why are the Buccaneers 2-0?
          we

are

cursed!

I told everyone i was giving up on the Lions and I wouldn't waste my time anymore, but i did watch the game just for ***** and giggles and my friends were celebrating when we were up 17-3 and i just said "wait till the 4th quarter". And sure enough they blow the lead and give up 4 unanswered touchdowns. Nice comeback at the end, but everyone and their mothers knew, Detroit was not going to score on that last drive. Im still seeing a 4-12 season.

Comment

All the Lion fans that over drafted Best in fantasy leagues are breathing easy.
            I took him in the 4th, haha!

Comment

Check out Schwartz after the Desean Jackson catch that was exactly like the play last week.

^^^the shocker lol

Comment

Check out Schwartz after the Desean Jackson catch that was exactly like the play last week.

^^^the shocker lol
                I wish Andy Reid had that kind of passion and fire.

BTW great game today, the Lions are on the rise though. The last time we played you guys it was a laugher, today it was a nail biter. Jahvid Best is a monster too, he owned this defense more than I've ever seen it owned, previously the only guy to beat us that bad was Felix Jones.

Comment

suh also got another sack which is nice. I just hope they actually get to win a few games. I love Patrick Peterson but I really don't want to have him frist over all again.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Suh

6 tackles
                    2 assists
                    2.5 TFL
                    1 sack

Comment

Great game guys I really enjoyed it tons. Did anyone noticed on the last Lions drive that the stadium was screaming defense?

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the most promising aspect of the past two weeks is that we've kept games close with our back-up QB. We may well have been 2-0 had Staff not been hurt, but I have so much optimism with the team on the whole moving forward. Some personal thoughts after week 2:

1. Oher would have been a better choice than Pettigrew, but it was hella good to see him have a break-out game. Having his confidence grow with games like that will do nothing but good things for us. Hopefully he keeps it up.

2. Jahvid was pure sex this week and if he stays healthy, he'll win OROY easily imo. The screen passing game by itself will now keep defenses honest. The only thing I will say is that he should not be in short yardage situations. If they want to line Suh up at FB, Felton should be behind him, not Best.

3. And speaking of Suh, he has not been getting the love he deserves as of yet. He's already dominating at the LOS. He's penetrating a ton and taking on double-teams regularly.

4. Our LB's are even worse than I thought they'd be. We need Levy back bad and it is def a place we need to upgrade in the offseason along with secondary and OT.

5. The offense HAS to start getting Megatron involved in the game earlier, and they have to take at least a couple of deep shots at him throughout the game, especially when we're on our own half of the field. Between Johnson grabbing balls at 20+ yds and Best running and grabbing screens, defenses will be stretched right out.

6. Schwartz is so the right man for this team right now. Love the guy.

If we do well next offseason (and Staff & Co. stay healthy), Lions will be the surprise team of the NFL next year...no doubt.
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

completely agree.

a few points...

1) are we currently looking at potential DROY and OROY this year? shows a lot of success in what we did this year

2) this team is a competitive teama nd even with our back up QB we have proved to be anything but a push over team

3) this upcoming offseason is crucial but also very easy. Upgrade LT, CB, LB and we have a team capable of surprising tons of people.

Our dline is doing great things, our secondary and LB corp is awful. If we can upgrade at CB (peterson please) and LB along with finally getting a replacement at LT and this team has a very solid team.

I will say though that if i had a vote, we would be trading for mcniel right now and getting him at LT when staf gets back. Keep him standing up and have a very good oline with backus moving to RT.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information