If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
why can't we ever win but the goddamn chicago bears just went 2-0? Why are the Buccaneers 2-0?
I told everyone i was giving up on the Lions and I wouldn't waste my time anymore, but i did watch the game just for ***** and giggles and my friends were celebrating when we were up 17-3 and i just said "wait till the 4th quarter". And sure enough they blow the lead and give up 4 unanswered touchdowns. Nice comeback at the end, but everyone and their mothers knew, Detroit was not going to score on that last drive. Im still seeing a 4-12 season.
Check out Schwartz after the Desean Jackson catch that was exactly like the play last week.
^^^the shocker lol
I wish Andy Reid had that kind of passion and fire.
BTW great game today, the Lions are on the rise though. The last time we played you guys it was a laugher, today it was a nail biter. Jahvid Best is a monster too, he owned this defense more than I've ever seen it owned, previously the only guy to beat us that bad was Felix Jones.
As far as I'm concerned, the most promising aspect of the past two weeks is that we've kept games close with our back-up QB. We may well have been 2-0 had Staff not been hurt, but I have so much optimism with the team on the whole moving forward. Some personal thoughts after week 2:
1. Oher would have been a better choice than Pettigrew, but it was hella good to see him have a break-out game. Having his confidence grow with games like that will do nothing but good things for us. Hopefully he keeps it up.
2. Jahvid was pure sex this week and if he stays healthy, he'll win OROY easily imo. The screen passing game by itself will now keep defenses honest. The only thing I will say is that he should not be in short yardage situations. If they want to line Suh up at FB, Felton should be behind him, not Best.
3. And speaking of Suh, he has not been getting the love he deserves as of yet. He's already dominating at the LOS. He's penetrating a ton and taking on double-teams regularly.
4. Our LB's are even worse than I thought they'd be. We need Levy back bad and it is def a place we need to upgrade in the offseason along with secondary and OT.
5. The offense HAS to start getting Megatron involved in the game earlier, and they have to take at least a couple of deep shots at him throughout the game, especially when we're on our own half of the field. Between Johnson grabbing balls at 20+ yds and Best running and grabbing screens, defenses will be stretched right out.
6. Schwartz is so the right man for this team right now. Love the guy.
If we do well next offseason (and Staff & Co. stay healthy), Lions will be the surprise team of the NFL next year...no doubt.
1) are we currently looking at potential DROY and OROY this year? shows a lot of success in what we did this year
2) this team is a competitive teama nd even with our back up QB we have proved to be anything but a push over team
3) this upcoming offseason is crucial but also very easy. Upgrade LT, CB, LB and we have a team capable of surprising tons of people.
Our dline is doing great things, our secondary and LB corp is awful. If we can upgrade at CB (peterson please) and LB along with finally getting a replacement at LT and this team has a very solid team.
I will say though that if i had a vote, we would be trading for mcniel right now and getting him at LT when staf gets back. Keep him standing up and have a very good oline with backus moving to RT.