Week 2-Philadelphia at Detroit (+4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2-Philadelphia at Detroit (+4)

Kolb has a concussion so they should be up against Vick. Lions will be getting Levy back at MLB. Philly is weak on the offensive line and secondary. Avril left with a knee injury on Sunday, not sure if he will be able to go. Shaun Hill isn't that great but similar to Jon Kitna in that he knows to just keep throwing to Calvin. With the home field advantage I like the Lions +4.

No Stafford= no win

The defense will have low morale, Vick will be able to do whatever he wants against us. Its going to be ugly

Eagles- 31
    Lions- 10

Comment

Originally posted by LOltheLions? View Post
      No Stafford= no win

The defense will have low morale, Vick will be able to do whatever he wants against us. Its going to be ugly

Eagles- 31
      Lions- 10
      Booooo....

I actually think the Lions have a good chance in this one. Home field, defensive line is strong, Hill will have a week to practice and learn the game plan, (as opposed to hearing at halftime "your'e the guy.").

I'm beaming with Lions optimism.

Comment

i'm betting the farm on philly. only 4 pts. we have important corners who haven't really practiced with out team yet, plus philly has speed wrs who should be able to torch us deep. plus that eagles defense is great. we're getting picked off 4 times.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

If it's Kolb playing then the Lions have a legitimate shot, but I foresee a big day for Vick.

Comment

weak O-line, you say? A possible Suh-prise?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
              If it's Kolb playing then the Lions have a legitimate shot, but I foresee a big day for Vick.
              Agreed, if I were a Detroit fan, I'd rather face Kolb.

Comment

The only way the Lions are going to have a shot in this one is to control the clock, meaning that Jahvid and more importantly the O-line are going to need to come up big. Real big.
                [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Vick is being overrated right now. He should still have a pretty good game, but I don't foresee him leading a blowout. Who knows though? I think that if Shaun Hill is any better than terrible, we can keep the Eagles from winning by more than 10 points. Right now, I'm thinking the Eagles win 24-16.

Comment

We have

Philly (W)
                    at Minny (L)
                    at Green Bay (L)
                    St. Louis (W)
                    at New York
                    BYE
                    Redskins

We need to steal a win from Philly and then beat St. Louis. We can be sitting at 2-3 heading to New York with Stafford. That doesn't sound that bad? I'd feel a lot better if we were able to get the win in Chicago but what can you do about it. Worse case scenario we come off the bye at 2-4 with Washington at home (I think a winnable game).

Comment

I'm looking forward to this game. Another game we could steal just like the Bears game and 2-4 in the first 6 games would make me happy.

Levy practiced two days in a row so hopefully he is back to help with the short stuff to McCoy and Celek and shadowing Vick. Bradley may be out but the Eagles will still be hard to run against with Bunkley/Patterson. Just need a couple random holes for Best to break one, especially with Sims overpursuit on plays. The Lions Oline has to run block way better for us to have any chance. Cole/Graham/Parker will be even tougher to block but Backus has to redeem himself.

We can't give up 300 yards passing to Vick. He was one QB we should limit passing at least but he has some weapons for sure. No big plays from slants to Jackson or Maclin.

Hopefully after last weeks heart break and the home opener/sell out they can put enough together to win/steal the game. Glad we picked up Hill as hopefully he's a competent backup. That last drive against Chicago showed a glimpse of that I hope.

And once again we need turnovers. Don't care how we get them. Really glad KVB chases down plays like a mad man and Vick holds the ball out when he runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        We have

Philly (W)
                        at Minny (L)
                        at Green Bay (L)
                        St. Louis (W)
                        at New York
                        BYE
                        Redskins

We need to steal a win from Philly and then beat St. Louis. We can be sitting at 2-3 heading to New York with Stafford. That doesn't sound that bad? I'd feel a lot better if we were able to get the win in Chicago but what can you do about it. Worse case scenario we come off the bye at 2-4 with Washington at home (I think a winnable game).
                        to be honest I'd prefer if we leave Staff for NY. We're most likely losing that game anyway and that Giants O-line is able to re-injure Matthew in an instant. Give him the extra two weeks (Giants game + BYE) and set him back in for the Skins game, which we could actually win.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Prediction: Eagles 27, Lions 21
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Game day! I'm gonna go with... the upset

Eagles 21 - Lions 24

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Hey guys Ill be heading to the game today and got front row seats! I got my Reggie White Jersey and will be attending my first Eagles game ever. Feel guilty about rooting for my Eagles against the Lions but I promise Ill go the Thanks Giving game and root for the Lions then.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information