Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the 20th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, The Detroit Lions select...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pettigrew caught a few balls last game. He's only in his second year, give the guy a chance ffs.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Pettigrew was not a waste of a pick, just the wrong pick. At the very least he should and looks like being a solid contributor.

Derrick Williams on the otherhand!!!!!???.. especially with Mike Wallace and Austin Collie available. Louis Murphy would also have made a very nice #2 WR and saved them the money they spent on Nate Burleson to upgrade the roster elsewhere.

Comment

Im kind of eating my words now. Pettigrew looked great,,,again today. The guy does have drops here and there but he bails out our QBs so much and he is a huge weapon in the passing game. Im coming around on the guy in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by LOltheLions? View Post
          Im kind of eating my words now. Pettigrew looked great,,,again today. The guy does have drops here and there but he bails out our QBs so much and he is a huge weapon in the passing game. Im coming around on the guy in other words.
          26 catches 275 yards 1 TD, 11 first downs.

#7 TE in yards

Scheffler is #15 in yards
          Last edited by Scotty D; 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
            Pettigrew was not a waste of a pick, just the wrong pick. At the very least he should and looks like being a solid contributor.
            QFT

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
            Derrick Williams on the otherhand!!!!!???.. especially with Mike Wallace and Austin Collie available. Louis Murphy would also have made a very nice #2 WR and saved them the money they spent on Nate Burleson to upgrade the roster elsewhere.
            You're forgetting how overrated Williams was coming out of Penn State and how underrated Mike Wallace was.

Comment

Yeah Brandon Pettigrew is not being knocked by me, it was more the draft pick strategy the Lions went with where he so happened to be selected. I mean when healthy he has been our #2 option next to Best ... he leads the NFC in receptions for a TE. There were GIANT holes on an awful oline & defense were the best player on the board scenario could have been utilized on a position other than a TE. It is moving to a TE happy league, every team has one ace & almost certainly 2 that see balls. So it's a wait & see for me. My point is full of contradictions ... I know. lol ;o)

That said about strategy & BPA ... Fox was sort of a weird pick too. I thought with a high #4 pick you could get a player who plays NOW. That pick could pay off down the road but Patriots, Colts, Raven make picks where they can develop players ... Detroit should ditch that strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                Yeah Brandon Pettigrew is not being knocked by me, it was more the draft pick strategy the Lions went with where he so happened to be selected. I mean when healthy he has been our #2 option next to Best ... he leads the NFC in receptions for a TE. There were GIANT holes on an awful oline & defense were the best player on the board scenario could have been utilized on a position other than a TE. It is moving to a TE happy league, every team has one ace & almost certainly 2 that see balls. So it's a wait & see for me. My point is full of contradictions ... I know. lol ;o)

That said about strategy & BPA ... Fox was sort of a weird pick too. I thought with a high #4 pick you could get a player who plays NOW. That pick could pay off down the road but Patriots, Colts, Raven make picks where they can develop players ... Detroit should ditch that strategy.
                I think they're waiting for Backus' contract to be up. He's got what, 3 years left? They're probably thinking thats just enough time for Fox to be made into a solid LT. Hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post

It wasn't a high 4th it was a late 4th after the Best trade for Jason Fox. I think they see Fox more as a Right Tackle since he is the backup Right Tackle now and Hilliard is the backup LT. Backus has playing good with the exception of the one big mistake with Peppers on Stafford. Backus has this year and 2011 left on his contract. Backus will actually be a a few million cheaper next year due to his signing bonus allocation being way less next year. We'll see how the draft goes and sets up when we pick but I wouldn't be suprised if we don't draft a future LT until 2012 if a good corner or LB is sitting there in Rounds 1 and 2. Of course this is pending Backus continuing to play well the rest of 2010.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information