Week 5 - St. Louis at Detroit(-3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
    Schwartz is a great coach. People have to keep in mind what he was handed with when he came to the Lions. After that 0-16 season the Lions were basically the equivalent to a expansion team. Despite are current record though, I can honestly say I have not seen this much fight from the Lions in a long time. All we have to do is get Patrick Peterson next year and upgrade a few more spots and we will be pretty competitive.
    Ever for me. This team won't quit. Previous Lion teams would pack their bags after getting whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      Ever for me. This team won't quit. Previous Lion teams would pack their bags after getting whooped.
      I remember during one of Rod Marinelli's seasons that the Lions did pretty well the first half of the season but seemed to give up or just became tired. Of course during the second half of that season the team went completely downhill.
      "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
        I remember during one of Rod Marinelli's seasons that the Lions did pretty well the first half of the season but seemed to give up or just became tired. Of course during the second half of that season the team went completely downhill.
        Started 6-2 and finished 7-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          Started 6-2 and finished 7-9.
          *shakes head* Just needed two or three more wins and they could have been playoff bound.
          "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Rams at home. I think we win this. It does scare me that they held Seattle to only 3 points last week, but we have a more explosive offense than Seattle. I'm feeling good about this one even if Hill starts.

Good thoughts...
            Good thoughts...
            Positive Lions feelings...

Comment

we have a more explosive offense than seatle in about every single category. There is no way that the Rams should be able to cover our offense with Calvin, Burleson, Pettigrew and Scheffler.

And if they do then Best should have a field day.

Schwartz and the coaching staff, although i still have much faith, better be prepared to take serious heat if we lose this game IMO.

Comment

I know i've been bagging on Detroit but i think they win this one 24-20. Our defense was impressive last week and the Rams offense has been horrendous this year. Our defense will be able to control this game. And I think Linehan finally found a good gameplan for our offense. I just really see us controlling this game. But of course in typical Lions fashion, The Rams will make a big come back in the 4th quarter just to give us a scare.

Comment

now, all that being said, this is a must win for Schwartz. If we lose this game, we WILL go 0-6 into the bye week and the coaches will be on the hot seat. Not only that but if we lose this game, i believe the players will start to lose faith in the Schwartz, and you're going to see players not trying as hard as they did the first 4 weeks. I really, really hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...id-TV-blackout

4,500 tickets available, blackout likely.

-Released Manny Ramirez, OG and claimed Jamon Meredith, OT from the Bills

-Shaun Hill confirmed Sunday starter.
                    Last edited by Scotty D; 10-06-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I think the biggest advantage (other than being at thome) the Lions have in this will be their sense of urgency. It's a very big game for them for a multitude of reasons. Past that, they've played good teams close all season so far and they match up well against the Rams. Our biggest weakness (secondary) is up against a rookie, albeit a good one, in Bradford.

I think the Lions take this one 31-20.
                      [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If we don't win this game, we'll be lucky to win more than 1 this season.

Is Stafford back yet? God damn it.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Inactive for the Lions:

Third quarterback Matthew Stafford
                          Running back Maurice Morris
                          Linebacker DeAndre Levy
                          Offensive tackle Jason Fox
                          Offensive tackle Jamon Meredith
                          Running back Aaron Brown
                          Defensive end Willie Young
                          Defensive end Lawrence Jackson

Inactive for the Rams:

Running back Chauncey Washington
                          Tight end Billy Bajema
                          Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui
                          Offensive tackle Renardo Foster
                          Linebacker Chris Chamberlain
                          Cornerback Kevin Dockery
                          Defensive tackle Clifton Ryan
                          Defensive tackle Dorell Scott

Burleson and Scheffler(concussion) are good to go. Alphonso Smith is starting at corner over Wade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-rams-lions/

Comment

What in the hell is going on with third down play calling? Third and short, go deep. Third and short, go deep. Killing every drive with ******** play calling dammit.
                            [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Best does not look healthy.

Comment

we might just win this game. Amazing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information