Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8- Washington at Detroit(-1)

Discuss the game and make a prediction.

Last edited by Scotty D; 10-25-2010, 04:08 PM.

I've been predicting a Lions win in this one since the schedule came out. I love our match-ups.

Lions 31 - Skins 20
    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Lions 20-Redskins 17

I'm hopeful and optimistic but not as much as I was a few weeks back looking at this game. Haynesworth seems recharged. DeAngelo was locked in on Cutler this past week. At least McNabb seems mistake prone. I think our defense could show up and look pretty good against Washington, but its going to be tough vs their defense.

I'm going back and forth on whether we win by ~3 or lose by ~3. We are at home which is nice. And I really want to be a homer and pick the Lions so....there we win.

Comment

Yeah this isn't the same Washington team we beat at all for sure. Haynesworth being recharged is definitley not a good thing. The Redskins have given up yards and their offense can be contained even by our defense for sure but they have enough fire power to put up points. Stopping the run is a must and Detroit hasn't been able to do that this year.

I think it all boil downs to how rusty Stafford is coming back. Stafford will have to play a good game against the Skins defense and we'll need over 20 points or one unconventional actual good Lions defensive effort like against the Rams.

Comment

I think your dead on when you say this game will in large part come down to how Stafford comes back from injury against a defense that is playing well and causing a lot of turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            I think your dead on when you say this game will in large part come down to how Stafford comes back from injury against a defense that is playing well and causing a lot of turnovers.
            Yep and Stafford wasn't exactly careful all the time with the football as a rookie. Pre-season he was but thats pre-season. Lions force alot of turnovers too, 15 in 6 games compared to Redskins 17 in 7 games so the Lions can still remain competive in this one if Stafford does throw some picks if they keep the turnover margin even. Stafford will probably throw some picks but Stafford keeping the offense flowing and time of possession is a bigger key. Its why we won last year with long drives to build a lead then we held on in the end.

I think stopping Torrain is a must. Torrain going off opens up the Skins offense into a big day. Lions are 30th in the league so they must figure out a solution to their run D woes. Hopefully a healthy Levy back helps along with better run D by the Dline,other LBs and safeties.

Comment

Lions-30
              Redskins-17

Redskins D is playing well, but lack of consistency will kill them. This game reminds me of week 3 when they walked in to St. Louis and got rolled. We have too many weapons on offense for them to focus on shutting us down. It all depends on Stafford playing a smart game. I think he'll show his improved command this week. Lets spread it out and unleash Best in the open field.

Moss/Cooley/Armstrong/Galloway< CJ, Nate, Pettigrew, Sheff

I'm really not scared of their offense at all, which is why I'm predicting we'll win. Our offense is clicking so well that we can have Drew Fricken Stanton show up and still make plays.
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

blacked out. :(

PM me on gameday if you need help finding the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  blacked out. :(

PM me on gameday if you need help finding the game.
                  "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Scotty D again."

I was so disappointed when I got this message :(

Comment

-Avril 2 sacks
                    -KVB 2 sacks
                    -Alphonso Smith INT
                    -Calvin 3 TDs
                    -Suh 2 sacks + TD
                    -Stafford 4 TDs

Comment

You guys might be the only team in the division that's actually improving as the season goes on. And go figure that the Lions win on a blacked out game.

Comment

Wooo!!! That was a big win. Stafford started a little slow, but that was to be expected. He really got into a groove that second half. Calvin finally had the kind of game we knew he had in him. Tough game next week against the Jets, but there should be more opportunities for wins with Buffalo, Dallas, Chicago, Tampa, and Minnesota still left on the schedule.

Comment

Sucks that the game was blacked out, but it looks like it was a great one. I could tell Stafford was rusty by looking at the play by play in the first half, but he definitely picked it up in the second half. The defense played good, especially that d-line. It looks like they were just abusing the Redskins o-line. The secondary still needs some work so we don't give up those big passes, but we already knew that. Oh yeah, Suh got a TD today!!!

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

At the rate he is going the pro bowl is looking more and more likely for him.
                          "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Raise your hand if this game only makes you more pissed off about the Bears game that was stolen from us. We should be 2nd in our division right now.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              Raise your hand if this game only makes you more pissed off about the Bears game that was stolen from us. We should be 2nd in our division right now.
                              *Raises Hand*
                              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information