Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 9 - Jets @ Lions (+4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Hill's shoulder isn't the problem, it's his broken arm. Looks like Stanton at QB against the Bills.
    [

    Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by noondog View Post
      Hill's shoulder isn't the problem, it's his broken arm. Looks like Stanton at QB against the Bills.
      Well that sucks, I thought he just hurt his shoulder, I didn't think he broke his arm.
      "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

      -Bo Schembechler

      Comment


      • #33
        yeah looks like we'll be giving stanton a lot of reps this week.


        If staffords shoulder is seriously hurt this could turn into a career thing

        Comment


        • #34
          I was at the falcons game tracking the score on the jumbo tran and I just knew yall was gonna be able to hold on the victory. Then I heard yall lose and thought it sucked, but wasnt the end of the world bc Stafford played good and it was agianst a elite team. Then I saw the details of what happened and Stafford getting hurt agian and it just was heartbreaking.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
            yeah looks like we'll be giving stanton a lot of reps this week.


            If staffords shoulder is seriously hurt this could turn into a career thing
            The optimist in me is saying that the same words were uttered about another young QB who missed the first two years of his career (or pretty close) due to two season ending knee surgeries. But that former first round pick came back in year three to lead his team and to this day "re-occuring knee injuries" aren't spoken about this player.

            The pessimist in me says that QB is Rex Grossman.

            Moral of the story is that its too early to rule out Stafford for his career. Unless you want to hop on this guy's bandwagon.

            Comment


            • #36
              I think its just freak things bc he took plenty of hits in colllege bc his OL his last 2 years was one of the youngest in the country.

              Comment


              • #37
                Sit him the rest of the season and let him recover fully. If we were 4-4, that would be one thing. But we're not. Next year is when we can start to expect big things from the team imo, so let's get him ready to rip the league up next year. In the meantime, let's get us some Patrick Peterson or Prince Lotsaletters.
                [

                Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by noondog View Post
                  Sit him the rest of the season and let him recover fully. If we were 4-4, that would be one thing. But we're not. Next year is when we can start to expect big things from the team imo, so let's get him ready to rip the league up next year. In the meantime, let's get us some Patrick Peterson or Prince Lotsaletters.
                  This. I didn't really expect to go to the playoffs this year anyway, I always thought that next year would be our big year. So lets sit Stafford the rest of the season so that he can be FULLY recovered for next season. I don't want to rush him back this season and re-injury that shoulder to the point where it puts his career in jeopardy.
                  "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

                  -Bo Schembechler

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
                    This. I didn't really expect to go to the playoffs this year anyway, I always thought that next year would be our big year. So lets sit Stafford the rest of the season so that he can be FULLY recovered for next season. I don't want to rush him back this season and re-injury that shoulder to the point where it puts his career in jeopardy.
                    My first response was, lets wait and see what the docs say before we shut 'er down. I agree, there is no use rushing Stafford back, but hell... I love following this team. They play above expectations, they are competitive every game and I'd hate to see them fall back into the Lions of old (2-14 finish).

                    But then I read this:
                    http://detnews.com/article/20101109/...out-for-season

                    And... well... lets start looking at those scouting reports for CBs.
                    DAMN! I just hope KVB has at least 2 more years left in him.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                      And... well... lets start looking at those scouting reports for CBs.
                      Lets just hope the Cowboys can win some games so we can grab Peterson. Not that I wouldn't mine having Prince, but having a physically huge corner that can run a 4.3 would be a dream.
                      Last edited by Silver & Blue; 11-09-2010, 12:49 PM.
                      "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

                      -Bo Schembechler

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        i agree but financially wise it could be a good thing for us to be picking a little bit lower and getting prince.

                        Prince is still arguably the better prospect and i'll be thrilled with either one

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
                          Lets just hope the Cowboys can win some games so we can grab Peterson. Not that I wouldn't mine having Prince, but having a physically huge corner that can run a 4.3 would be a dream.
                          At first I was thinking the Cowboys wouldn't go CB with that high of a pick, but Jenkins is getting used and abused left, right, and center all season. So yeah... Peterson would probably be high on their list.

                          Normally I would say the coaching change would buy them 2-3 wins, but Jason Garrett's been part of the problem all year. I don't know he can steer them in the right direction.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information