Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trading down?

    As a Tampa fan, I would like to here your thoughts on a trade possibility? (CJ if he's available)

    We would swap 1rd picks, (on the day) and give you our 2B (#35) and 5th Rd pick (#131)

    Opinion's please.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Merlin View Post
    As a Tampa fan, I would like to here your thoughts on a trade possibility? (CJ if he's available)

    We would swap 1rd picks, (on the day) and give you our 2B (#35) and 5th Rd pick (#131)

    Opinion's please.
    I'd do it in an instant . . . with no regrets or concerns.

    Can we send it in the the Commish?
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

    Comment


    • #3
      It would be OK but i think Detroit can get a lot more if they trade down to spots 8-12. So if i was Millen i wouldn't do it unless that was the only trade that was offered.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jagonsucker View Post
        It would be OK but i think Detroit can get a lot more if they trade down to spots 8-12. So if i was Millen i wouldn't do it unless that was the only trade that was offered.
        The thing is, if Detroit only moves down to 4, they could then move down again if some team wants Quinn or Joe Thomas. One, if not both, of these guys will be there at 4, and Arizona might bite just to secure themselves Thomas.

        That being said, I see Detroit's trade partner being a little lower in the top ten.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jagonsucker View Post
          It would be OK but i think Detroit can get a lot more if they trade down to spots 8-12. So if i was Millen i wouldn't do it unless that was the only trade that was offered.
          It is unlikely that a team in the 8-12 range would give up the picks to move to 2. Sure it would be great to get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st from Atlanta, but that isn't going to happen. IMO, the only chance Detroit has to trade down is with CLE, TB, or ARI, but even that would be expensive. They could trade down twice to 8-12, which would be great given Detroit's needs and the players at the top of this draft.

          Also note that our 2B pick is #64, not #35. As a Buc's fan, I'd be fine with the trade if it included the 64th pick, but I really want to hang on to our 2a pick. There will be a few 1st round talents available then who could be immediate impact players on our team.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
            It is unlikely that a team in the 8-12 range would give up the picks to move to 2. Sure it would be great to get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st from Atlanta, but that isn't going to happen. IMO, the only chance Detroit has to trade down is with CLE, TB, or ARI, but even that would be expensive. They could trade down twice to 8-12, which would be great given Detroit's needs and the players at the top of this draft.

            Also note that our 2B pick is #64, not #35. As a Buc's fan, I'd be fine with the trade if it included the 64th pick, but I really want to hang on to our 2a pick. There will be a few 1st round talents available then who could be immediate impact players on our team.
            Detroit would probably take #4, #64, and your third rounder for #2 . . . but I don't see that deal (or any other like this) happening.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              The thing is, if Detroit only moves down to 4, they could then move down again if some team wants Quinn or Joe Thomas. One, if not both, of these guys will be there at 4, and Arizona might bite just to secure themselves Thomas.

              That being said, I see Detroit's trade partner being a little lower in the top ten.
              My thoughts exactly. Trade down to 4, then trade down again... accept anything reasonable for the second trade-down (even for their first, third and fourth). Those trades would give us a LOT of flexibility in the draft... and the ability to package picks to move back up and select another great player.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

              Comment


              • #8
                If the Bucs didn't give us #35 then I'd say no deal. If the Bucs gave us #4, #35, and their 5th Round pick then they'd still have a slight edge on the trade using the value chart. #4, #64, and a 5th would be ripping us off.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                  If the Bucs didn't give us #35 then I'd say no deal. If the Bucs gave us #4, #35, and their 5th Round pick then they'd still have a slight edge on the trade using the value chart. #4, #64, and a 5th would be ripping us off.
                  #4, #35 and the 5th is a reasonable trade (regardless if it fits the "trade value")... but #4, #64 and a 5th is horrible.

                  They'd have to do better than that... maybe a 2008 pick added in (or a player).
                  Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    If the Bucs didn't give us #35 then I'd say no deal. If the Bucs gave us #4, #35, and their 5th Round pick then they'd still have a slight edge on the trade using the value chart. #4, #64, and a 5th would be ripping us off.
                    You wouldn't do this deal? I mean we are targetting Adams, Thomas, and Quinn . . . Adams and probably one other will be there at 4. Why sit at 2 and take them there? Plus we'd be paying them more.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like the deal but i think we will be able to get more on draft day.

                      fenikz

                      "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

                      35-21

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
                        I like the deal but i think we will be able to get more on draft day.
                        Unless Oakland takes CJ . . . we might be better off making a deal sooner than later. If we trade down and remain in the top 5, then we can do another deal on draft day.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          An unnamed source has indicated that the Bucs will not trade up in this year's draft. Lions fans can hope to scam extra picks from another team like Arizona, because Tampa fans are well aware that once CJ drops past #1 he will be a Buc, assuming that one psycho team outside of the top 5 doesn't try to trade up with a ridiculous amount of picks to acquire his services. If said psycho team pulls that trade, Lions fans will suffer even more because Matt Millen will have more picks to blow!

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            post below...
                            Last edited by TacticaLion; 03-19-2007, 07:19 PM.
                            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by etk View Post
                              An unnamed source has indicated that the Bucs will not trade up in this year's draft. Lions fans can hope to scam extra picks from another team like Arizona, because Tampa fans are well aware that once CJ drops past #1 he will be a Buc, assuming that one psycho team outside of the top 5 doesn't try to trade up with a ridiculous amount of picks to acquire his services. If said psycho team pulls that trade, Lions fans will suffer even more because Matt Millen will have more picks to blow!
                              Shut the **** up. The joke has been said... it's old... you aren't funny... get over yourself.

                              I'm sick of children using the same old joke in a reasonable discussion. Stop being stupid.

                              Oh yeah... a source said something about the draft? REALLY!? WOAH! Man... that "source" could NOT possibly be a smokescreen, could it? You are a genius.

                              And... guess what? Trading up will obviously cost a team SOMETHING. It isn't a "scam". CJ is a great talent, and a lot of teams would trade multiple picks to draft him.

                              A "source" also said that the Bucs might draft Okoye at #4. Look into that one, chief.
                              Last edited by TacticaLion; 03-19-2007, 07:20 PM.
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information