Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Routt signed 3 yrs 20 mil with the Chiefs. Carr is almost certainly going to hit the market now. Not sure if is the type of CB we are looking for but the more CBs available the better.

Comment

• I love him. If nothing else, he should drive down the price of our guys.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Lions signed Sean Jones. Played for the Bucs last 2 years. Did ok in Philly in 09 and Bucs in 10 but brutal in 2011 for Bucs especially in coverage. Better run defender than Spievey but who isn't.

Comment

• Jones should be solid depth and I would think make the team

Comment

• If Jones can play special teams or beat out Erik Coleman he will make the team. John Wendling stays for special teams. Lions may keep 5 safeties though after last year losing Delmas, Coleman and Vincent Fuller plus Spievey playing hurt before turning to Chris Harris off the street.

Comment

• http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8108/pat-edwards

Lions signed WR Pat Edwards, WR Corey Fuller, WR Carlin Isles, RB Steven Miller, LB Jon Morgan, K John Potter, DT Xavier Proctor, DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, K Giorgio Tavecchio, and WR Cody Wilson to reserve/future contracts.
              -Another year of Pat Edwards hype!

-There was a lot of buzz with the signing of Carlin Isles

-Steven Miller is a favorite of mine

Anyone know the key free agents?

Brandon Pettigrew and Willie Young are ones I know. Bell is restricted. Delmas has a big option.

Comment

• what bout the rugby guy that was signed that is suppose to run a 4.2?

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                  what bout the rugby guy that was signed that is suppose to run a 4.2?
                  That is Carlin Isles, they list him as a WR.

Comment

• Here is a list of the Lions free agents.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/1...ee-agents-2014

Unrestricted free agents (16)

QB Shaun Hill
                    WR Kevin Ogletree
                    WR Micheal Spurlock
                    TE Brandon Pettigrew
                    OT Jason Fox
                    OG Dylan Gandy
                    C Dominic Raiola
                    DE Willie Young
                    DE Israel Idonije
                    DT Andre Fluellen
                    LB Rocky McIntosh
                    CB Rashean Mathis
                    S Don Carey
                    S John Wendling
                    K David Akers
                    LS Don Muhlbach

Restricted free agents (3)

RB Joique Bell
                    WR Kris Durham
                    TE Dorin Dickerson

Exclusive-rights free agents (5)

WR Jeremy Ross
                    TE Matt Veldman
                    LB Julian Stanford
                    CB Chris Greenwood
                    S Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

Comment

• So of the ufa the only important ones I see pettirgrew, young, raiola and maybe hill?

Comment

• Willie Young can walk in my opinion. Give Devin Taylor his snaps. Jason Jones will be back next year.

Definitely want Raiola back.

It'd be nice to get Shaun Hill back, but someone might offer him more money than we want to spend on a back up. Seems like they have been grooming Kellen Moore to take his spot.

I'm on the fence with Pettigrew.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...nimal_ris.html

The Delmas contract.
                        If Delmas plays 42 percent of the team's defensive snaps next season (approximately seven games), he will earn $109,375 for each game he was active. For example, if Delmas misses four games due to injury, he would earn $1.31 million for the 12 weeks he played. That money would be applied to the 2014 cap.
                        He earned that.
                        In 2014, Delmas' base salary jumps to $5.5 million, plus a $500,000 roster bonus and $500,000 prorated portion of his signing bonus. That $6.5 million will be added the playing time bonus Delmas earns in 2013, making his max cap number $8.25 million.
                        That is a big cap hit. Hopefully they work out a long term extension to lower it instead of cutting him.
                        Last edited by Scotty D; 01-02-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• I don't think they go CB. I hear you're saying all the experts say, well Scott here is an expert and he has us getting Mack, so does GreatBlueDraftReport. The experts can say what they want. I have Mack going to us...he may not get that far but right now, meh, he's my pick at ten.

I would go Verrett in the second if he was there. Or Cooks or Beckham.
                          Swanson or Richburg in the third.

I am just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                            Thanks, but the trouble with those stats is, it doesn't say who they defended, Dennard had a much, much easier time in the Big 10 than Gilbert had and the stats don't account for playing in different defensive schemes and at what point in the game most of their success took place. It also doesn't describe what went wrong on failures. It is just what it is 'stats'.

CB need speed, size, hips and technique to be successful, Gilbert demonstrated those at the Combine while Dennard and the others didn't completely match up to him. Far, far more important than abstract stats that mean little to scouts. You can make stats say what you want but you cannot hide poor, speed, size, hips or technique.
                            Very well said. People are way overusing that Rotoworld article. I posted another article with a completely different burn rate. This guy has pretty good tape and monster talent. He's a better prospect than Milliner was coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by StorminNorman
                              Production should mean a lot to scouts.

Again, Gilbert to me is a fine prospect - but he is far from a top 10 talent in this draft. He's very similar to Darius Slay, who I still love as a prospect, but I don't think he's going to help his team a whole lot this year - outside of the return game.
                              7 INTs is pretty productive. Not sure what that comment means. You keep bringing up this article and its fine as one, very small piece of the puzzle, but that's it. Put Dennard against spread offenses using bubble screens all day, without safety help over the top of him, against actually good WRs and QBs and then compare burn rates. Its just such a ridiculously subjective stat and it will have very, very little to do with whether a team drafts Gilbert. The guy is a stud who has improved every year. He's closer to Patrick Peterson than Darius Slay IMO.

Comment

• [QUOTE=weasel;3581092]I don't think they go CB. I hear you're saying all the experts say, well Scott here is an expert and he has us getting Mack, so does GreatBlueDraftReport. The experts can say what they want. I have Mack going to us...he may not get that far but right now, meh, he's my pick at ten.

Sorry, I follow Scott and the GBN as my two main sites but both depend on NFL.com to set them right. Both their boards undergo a huge change once Mayock and the other analysts on NFL.com print their rankings, these guys simply have access to scouts, GM's and game film that Scott and GBN don't.
                                Scott and GBN has very little access to the prospects themselves and cannot attend the Combine or Pro Days, so expecting them to match people who do just isn't reasonable.

Of course, who we or any team drafts is still guesswork and there Scott and GBN can be right and Mayock and other analysts projects can be wrong, because it is a guessing game to say the least. Nobody know what each GM is thinking or who they really love, so predicting the draft will always remain a crapshoot.

I thing I took notice of was your claim that Gilbert isn't of the quality of a top 10 pick. I think he is without a doubt, a top 10 talent but this draft is so loaded that indeed he could go a bit later. I certainly wouldn't cry if we got Mack instead although I just don't think a guy than Mayock said was a better prospect than Clowney will get to us, but you never know. However, unless we plan on playing Mack at DE, I don't think a LB trumps a CB as a priority position on a football team, so my choice of Gilbert isn't unreasonable but I certainly won't guarantee it in this loaded draft.

I would go Verrett in the second if he was there. Or Cooks or Beckham.
                                Swanson or Richburg in the third.

Whether or not we draft Gilbert or Mack, I have to strongly believe we will draft a WR in round 2, however, unfortunately both Cook and Beckham are likely gone before we pick, I love them both tremendously but both could even go round 1, they are that talented.

I'm in total agreement on an OC in round 3, but the current ranking post Combine suggest Martin of USC as the top OC with Swanson #2 and Richburg #3.
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information