This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From rotoworld:

Impending free agent SLB Stephen Nicholas indicated that he might be interested in playing for the Lions.

"A lot of good things out of that guy (Ndamukong Suh) was happening," he said. "I think they're definitely starting to turn things around." Nicholas, 27, held off first-round pick Sean Weatherspoon for a starting job in 2011, finishing with 72 tackles and an interception. He can cover tight ends on the strong side, which isn't an easy-to-find trait among veteran linebackers.

Detroit Free Press:
    One free agent in Dallas for Super Bowl XLV -- at a major position of need for Detroit -- agreed that the Lions were "definitely on the right track" and said some defenders would jump at the chance to play with Ndamukong Suh.

"Oh, definitely," said Falcons outside linebacker Stephen Nicholas. "Suh had an awesome year this year. Moved people around, threw a couple people around. I seen one of his plays he was trying to kick a field goal. A lot of good things out of that guy was happening. I think they're definitely starting to turn things around."

Nicholas, who started most of the past two seasons in Atlanta, said he had not thought about potential landing spots if he didn't re-sign there, but his priority would be to go to a 4-3 team committed to winning.

Comment

he's a must get kind of guy. not spectacular, but plugs a hole. it's not like mayhew to go into an offseason without signing free agents to cover our holes before a draft. this labor dispute is screwing things up, but as soon as he can I expect Nicholas and maybe a top available corner or olineman to sign with us.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
        He made 16M last year (roughly) & will fetch more than that on the open market as the #1 CB prospect ... happy hunting with Ford's $$ ...
        He is a terrific talent, no question. I just still do not picture Detroit as the #1 off season option for a guy who could go anywhere. Still not picturing that :o)

I say draft the next potential Asomugha ... Did you see KC's secondary on Sunday? Filled with rookies & 2nd, 3rd year guys making plays. Strive for that .. .draft 2 CB's or a CB & S combo in the first 3 rounds that fits what Schwartz/Gun want. It's cheaper & you can mold them to your team. (ie Spievey) MM is proving he can hit on most of his draft picks, plus he was an NFL DB so he seems pretty dialed in at what he wants I believe.

He won't fetch $16M a year ... everyone laughed at the notion of paying a CB that kind of money when the deal went down, it was a classic Al Davis contract ... plus - it was a short term deal(3 years) and he's older now ... he'll probably fetch a handsome sum of money, obviously, but -- no where near that kind of mula.

Do I want him? YES! He's a premier defensive back and is like 30 or 31 years old .... he's a bigger CB at 6'2 and can play the run ... he has a future as a Charles Woodson type of player ... lock down CB that transitions to Safety ... get him!

Comment

maybe he loves Cadillacs and was persuaded of the greatness of Detroit from Eminem?
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
            maybe he loves Cadillacs and was persuaded of the greatness of Detroit from Eminem?
            This one is better

Shaun Rogers was cut and he's expressed interest in returning to Detroit before. Sammie Lee Hill is a better player than him now and he'd be our 4th DT in my opinion. Not a priority.
            Last edited by Scotty D; 02-11-2011, 02:32 AM.

Comment

the 8 mile establishments would love big baby's ca$h back in town ... this fan says NO.

Comment

IF Shaun Rogers comes at a bargain ... why not? If he gets 20 snaps a game and is fresh he can terrorize any DL ... there's low risk, very high reward ... a 4 man rotation with SLH, Suh, Williams, and Rogers is deadly ... cut Fluellen, I don't care.

If we added him and drafted a DE ... holy schnikes that'd be insane.

Comment

He play's when he wants to, his work ethic is of the same nature & basically is not a solid citizen ... keep him faaar away from Hill & Suh pls.

Ask yourself, why did Cleveland cut him? It's not like they have a spoil of riches @ DT!

Comment

http://www.freep.com/article/2011021...036/1049/rss14

Lions release guard Trevor Canfield. They released Eric King, CB yesterday.

Comment

Shaun Rogers will be a Redskin, Cowboy, or Titan.
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

yeah detroit won't bring him in. all that does in bury hill on the depth chart and ruin his development. We are very solid at DT, not worth the distraction and ruining a core that is very talented but also has great work ethic and good chemistry

Comment

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...edskinsinsider

Santana Moss voided his contract with the Redskins making him a free agent once the CBA is agreed to. He is looking for a 2-3 year deal at 5 million per. If they can save money by cutting Bryant Johnson I think it could be smart to cut him and use that money go after Moss. A good slot option and depth for Burleson/Megatron.

Comment

I agree on Santana Moss ... assuming FA happens. He would be an excellent option. Although I think a diamond in the rough slot rookie is as effective given the number of receptions #3 WR gets in this offense. (ie Maehl/Salas)

I don't see the Leo's going after a big name/$ FA on offense. Defense ... bring it on! Just my thoughts, although Moss would be super attractive @ 3.5-5 mil per. :o)

Comment

according to ESPN, the Lions have signed safety Erik Coleman to a one-year contract. Coleman was recently released by the Atlanta Falcons.

7 yr vet, 5th round pick out of Wazzu ... nothing to perk up about.

Comment

Upgrade over CC Brown, good depth. Has experience with a winning team and a good defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information