Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree on Hawk ... but my gut says he is staying put in GB for less cash.

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
      AJ Hawk released by the Packers today. I'd love to see the Lions make a pitch for him.
      Well, I would love that signing, but we only have a day to pull it off!

Comment

Err...nevermind. Spoke before I knew what I was talking about. He already re-signed with them: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...h-Packers.html. Good call, S78.

Comment

Tendered
          Dylan Gandy
          Zack Follett
          Prince Miller
          Jerome Felton
          Dave Rayner
          Andre Fluellen
          John Wendling
          Turk McBride

Released
          Kevin Smith (not tendered)
          Julian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Tendered
            Dylan Gandy
            Zack Follett
            Prince Miller
            Jerome Felton
            Dave Rayner
            Andre Fluellen
            John Wendling
            Turk McBride

Released
            Kevin Smith (not tendered)
            Julian Peterson
            A little surprised on Kevin Smith being 24, but they must feel the injuries & Maurice Morris are enough to say see-ya!

Also, Dylan Gandy (not that he sees the field) but he does not do anythting for me?! Anybody else agree that our interior Oline needs help & better depth? Uga.

Hopefully Follett recovers. I would have hated for his short but quirky career to end on the china doll comments. I'm sure he feels the same! Redemption? Not sure if he is the OLB answer bu he is sure an amazing PAIN TRAIN on ST! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
              Also, Dylan Gandy (not that he sees the field) but he does not do anythting for me?! Anybody else agree that our interior Oline needs help & better depth? Uga.
              Gandy is exactly why a versatile interior guy who can play both G and C -- like a Danny Watkins or John Moffitt -- is the most important OL position of need. On a similar note, Fluellen is exactly why a versatile DL is a position of need.

Comment

http://twitter.com/davebirkett/statu...54421246623745

Lions re-sign Nathan Vasher,CB to a one year deal.

He played pretty well done the stretch and made some key plays in the four game win streak.

http://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/43743085242486784

Stanton was tendered at the original round level (2nd). How nice would it be for a QB starved team to sign him to an offer sheet? I hope some teams took notice of some of the games he played in at the end of the year. I like Stanton but we have Shaun Hill and I'll gladly take a second rounder for him.
                Last edited by Scotty D; 03-04-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  http://twitter.com/davebirkett/statu...54421246623745

Lions re-sign Nathan Vasher,CB to a one year deal.

He played pretty well done the stretch and made some key plays in the four game win streak.

http://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/43743085242486784

Stanton was tendered at the original round level (2nd). How nice would it be for a QB starved team to sign him to an offer sheet? I hope some teams took notice of some of the games he played in at the end of the year. I like Stanton but we have Shaun Hill and I'll gladly take a second rounder for him.
                  I still cant believe we took him in the 2nd round...fricken millen! Idiot

Comment

Which team is that desperate really to surrender a 2nd rd pick for a 6-10 teams 3rd QB option?

For a team seeking a QB, McElroy or Stanzi could be there in the 3rd rd?

Comment

Which team is that desperate really to surrender a 2nd rd pick for a 6-10 teams 3rd QB option?

For a team seeking a QB, McElroy or Stanzi could be there in the 3rd rd?
                      But that's not usually how this works. Teams very rarely ever just sign the guy and sacrifice a pick. There's always dialogue and bartering. They give out these tenders just to make sure no other team can step in and jip them. If someone really did want the known quantity that is Stanton instead of the unknown quantity of a mid-teir rookie QB, they'd talk to Mayhew, and much less than a 2nd rounder would get worked out. I promise you the Lions don't actually consider Stanton to be the same value as a 2nd round pick.

Comment

http://thehouseofspears.net/?p=372

Found an intersting article with statistics on Chris Houston as a Lion ... do you guys feel we should bring him back?

Comment

http://thehouseofspears.net/?p=372

Found an intersting article with statistics on Chris Houston as a Lion ... do you guys feel we should bring him back?
                          I think its a no brainer we bring him back. He wasn't outstanding last year but he was by far the best corner for us last year. Those statistics don't tell you what percentage of passes we're thrown Houston's way when there were five or more db's, they just say that as a unit they were terrible. Which we already knew.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenLament View Post
                            I think its a no brainer we bring him back. He wasn't outstanding last year but he was by far the best corner for us last year. Those statistics don't tell you what percentage of passes we're thrown Houston's way when there were five or more db's, they just say that as a unit they were terrible. Which we already knew.
                            The most interesting thing will be to see what other teams value him at ...

Comment

For free agency, whenever it happens, how about we sign both Stephen LB's.. that's Stephen Tulloch and Stephen Nicholas. It sounds like they want to come here, let's bring them both!

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                                For free agency, whenever it happens, how about we sign both Stephen LB's.. that's Stephen Tulloch and Stephen Nicholas. It sounds like they want to come here, let's bring them both!
                                Best defense ever.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information