Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Free Agency Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by WMD View Post
    For free agency, whenever it happens, how about we sign both Stephen LB's.. that's Stephen Tulloch and Stephen Nicholas. It sounds like they want to come here, let's bring them both!
    Would not surprise me if Schwartz parks his car outside Tulloch's house and calls him one minute into free agency like he did with KVB last year. Tulloch's quote before the lockout was: "A lot of good things out of (Ndamukong Suh) was happening. I think they're definitely starting to turn things around."

    Richard Marshall is another name to look for at CB. Aqib Talib may be cut by Tampa Bay but I'm not sure Schwartz will be interested after his experience with PacMan Jones in Tennessee.

    Next year's draft: Aggressive pursuit of the OL like the Colts did this year with Castonzo and Ijalana.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
      Would not surprise me if Schwartz parks his car outside Tulloch's house and calls him one minute into free agency like he did with KVB last year. Tulloch's quote before the lockout was: "A lot of good things out of (Ndamukong Suh) was happening. I think they're definitely starting to turn things around."

      Richard Marshall is another name to look for at CB. Aqib Talib may be cut by Tampa Bay but I'm not sure Schwartz will be interested after his experience with PacMan Jones in Tennessee.

      Next year's draft: Aggressive pursuit of the OL like the Colts did this year with Castonzo and Ijalana.
      IMO Marshall would be solid, Joseph too @ Cinci (not mentioned here)

      I say no to to Talib.

      I also agree on oline for 2012. I was claiming all off season on here to the small group wanting the LT in 2011's draft, wait until next year! Doubling up would be solid (T then G) Stud LT then a combo guy G/C maybe?

      Comment


      • #93
        Would you guys be interested in giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Janoris Jenkins in the supplemental draft? He's got his issues too, but he's a 1st rd talent and you get him right away.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Would you guys be interested in giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Janoris Jenkins in the supplemental draft? He's got his issues too, but he's a 1st rd talent and you get him right away.
          It's tough. I don't know if I want a player who's been kicked off of his College team. He's talented but I just don't know if he'd be worth risking a 2nd/3rd on. I'd probably try with a 4th just incase.

          Comment


          • #95
            Mayhew hasn't really acquired guys with major character concerns. The closest was probably trading for Cromartie and Cro isn't a big headcase. I don't think they completely rule those guys out though. I'd send in a 4th or 5th round claim for Jenkins.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              Mayhew hasn't really acquired guys with major character concerns. The closest was probably trading for Cromartie and Cro isn't a big headcase. I don't think they completely rule those guys out though. I'd send in a 4th or 5th round claim for Jenkins.
              Unfortunately it looks like Jenkins might just transfer to a smaller school instead of entering the supplemental draft.

              http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegef...oward-transfer

              If he does enter the draft though I would be fine with giving up a 4th or 5th rounder for him.
              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

              -Bo Schembechler

              Comment


              • #97
                My shopping list

                CB

                Either Chris Carr or Josh Wilson-Depends on who resigns in Baltimore
                Eric Wright- Still has the talent to become something
                Richard Marshall
                Carlos Rogers

                LB

                Stephen Nicholas- I want this guy on our team. Top Priority.
                Stephen Tulloch-If we miss on Nicholas then we're paying big $ and moving Levy
                Manny Lawson
                Rocky McIntosh
                James Anderson
                Justin Durant

                Others
                Harvey Dahl or Justin Blalock Guards from Atlanta
                Jason Babin DE Tennessee
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

                Prowler's Newb Guide

                Comment


                • #98
                  plz plz plz plz plz someone take Stephen Tulloch from us.



                  Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                  I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

                  Comment


                  • #99




                    So do you want a 4th rounder for him?
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

                    Prowler's Newb Guide

                    Comment


                    • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

                      Here is the list if we go by 2010 rules. I don't see any of those LBs or Guards as unrestricted if that happens or Eric Wright or Richard Marshall. We keep Houston if 2010 rules apply. I think all the guards and LBs would be restricted so no thanks on giving up a high draft pick. Working out a deal for a mid round pick would be much better.

                      Given the list I go for Ike Taylor or Carlos Rogers hard to pair with Houston and move Alphonso to the slot with Aaron Berry. Rogers has no ball skills so Ike Taylor is preferred but doubt he isn't resigned by Pittsburgh. Chris Carr wouldn't be bad either.

                      LBs I wouldn't mind Ben Leber or Pisa. They are solid and it takes away from a division rival. Pisa is an injury risk though.

                      Here is the restricted list with some tenders.

                      http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2011...nt-tender.html
                      Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew; 05-11-2011, 04:58 PM.

                      Comment


                      • You gotta wonder, if the signing period comes very late, will many teams be willing to pour out millions for a FA who won't be able to be productive right out of the gate????
                        And proud of it!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          You gotta wonder, if the signing period comes very late, will many teams be willing to pour out millions for a FA who won't be able to be productive right out of the gate????
                          Curious ... why do you say no production out of the gate?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                            Curious ... why do you say no production out of the gate?
                            Teams play different styles and teamwork counts for a lot in football. Each player at a # of positions has to know exactly what his teammates will do in certain situations to be effective.
                            You cannot not just throw somebody in a game who hasn't worked in that system and with his teammates, and not expect a lot of errors to occur.
                            That's why they have practices, training camps and an exhibition season, to give a team a solid basis for each component to learn how to work together and understand what is expected of them.
                            It will all come down to when the lockout ends, but if it is late August, rookies and FA's will have a very difficult time being productive right out of the gate.
                            And proud of it!!!

                            Comment


                            • Very true. It took Lawrence Jackson and Alpshono Smith a few games into the season to start producing more as they came very late or after TC. And Carpenter had to adjust mid season which is even tougher. Jackson was in a reserve role and Smith was nickel and then became the number 2. A starting FA you are counting on from day 1 may not be that productive early in the season. If it goes into late August any corner or LB will need to learn the system, maybe even have start Houston/Alphonso Smith early in the season. Although I think both of those corners and Spievey will be better this year with it being the second year they are in the system. Plus Delmas groin being better, standing pat our secondary could be better. I still want to sign another solid FA corner to take over the number 1 or 2 role obviously though and move Smith to nickel.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                                Teams play different styles and teamwork counts for a lot in football. Each player at a # of positions has to know exactly what his teammates will do in certain situations to be effective.
                                You cannot not just throw somebody in a game who hasn't worked in that system and with his teammates, and not expect a lot of errors to occur.
                                That's why they have practices, training camps and an exhibition season, to give a team a solid basis for each component to learn how to work together and understand what is expected of them.
                                It will all come down to when the lockout ends, but if it is late August, rookies and FA's will have a very difficult time being productive right out of the gate.
                                I mean sort of I guess ... Titus Young catching balls with Stafford & running routes with CJ has to help haha:o)

                                Plus think of all the rookies (just in Detroit) that have been thrust into playing time probably before they were "ready", based on lack of roster talent/depth. (Delmas, Levy,Hill,Suh,CJ,Stafford,Pettigrew, Spievey etc) it's seems almost the norm that a top 100 draft pick is expected to step in & play in Detroit since the Millen purge has begun. I know chemistry is a part, but these guys are professional athletes, let's not forget that either. KVB, Williams,Suh needed minimal time to prepare together to look dominate early last season. I hear ya, but it's a little over rated to chemistry thing in pro football.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information