Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Bradt said we are a top 3 destination for nnamdi assamouah....

Comment

• If we're top 3 for Nnamdi, then what is Houston thinking?

Comment

• If the Lions sign Nnamdi, I will actually be pissed off. His contract will be crippling by Year 3.

I'd rather have 3 players than 1, even if Nnamdi is the best at the position. Our defense isn't short on playmakers, so solid starters, if unspectacular, is fine with me.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• ESPN just put out an article of the Top Ten best free agent fits with the Lions signing DE Ray Edwards at No. 9.

WTF.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I want Nom D.

I don't understand why the Lions would sign Ray Edwards..

Comment

• Maybe they're assuming we lose Avril? That is the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkenLament View Post
                Maybe they're assuming we lose Avril? That is the only reasonable explanation I can think of.
                In the article, they make reference to already having 4 very, very good starters (naming both Avril and KVB). Apparently they've never heard of Lawrence Jackson or Turk McBride (a UFA, however) because they're pleanty of depth, especially considering Suh can slide outside if needed.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I agree Xiomera. Nnamdi would be sick but he's just too expensive. We can't offer anything near the money some other teams will be able to.

Lions have 16.6 mill in cap space. That will go up Thursday when Bryant Johnson, Landon Johnson, and a few others are released. This should give the Lions enough money to sign one high profile FA (not named Nnamdi).

If that's the case I want Tulloch. I think he's exactly what this defense needs. A tackling machine in the middle. Levy has had his ups and downs but misses too many tackles for a MLB. Move him back outside where he is more comfortable and experienced.

I'm really hoping Houston is resigned and we sign a middle of the pack FA corner to compete with Alphonso for the 2nd spot. Berry, Vasher, and Jack Williams the 4, 5, and 6 guys. That should be sufficient with our D-line....We'll get our stud corner in next years loaded draft class.

Comment

• Jon-Joe?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/26...hnathan-joseph

Chirs Mortensen thinks Jonathan Joseph has a great chance of signing with Detroit. That'd be fine with me...

Comment

• if we get joseph and tulloch im thrilled

Comment

• http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...andon-McDonald

Lions release Bryant Johnson and re-sign Brandon McDonald CB. Johnson was set to make 3.2 mil. I think the Lions have around 19 million in cap space right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                          if we get joseph and tulloch im thrilled
                          That would be solid by me too.

Except anyone know Joseph's "character'? I don't know much about him. Bengals football is not on my radar. :o)

Comment

• Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                            That would be solid by me too.

Except anyone know Joseph's "character'? I don't know much about him. Bengals football is not on my radar. :o)
                            Bengals secondary was pretty solid though. If we can take one of their CBs I'll be a happy man.

Comment

• Justin Durant is the first signing on a 2-year deal.

6-1, 240. Turns 26 in September.

http://www.nfl.com/player/justindurant/2495597/profile

It may seem like an under-the-radar acquisition, but Durant is a true thumper now playing behind a devastating defensive front. He played well at middle linebacker and on the weak side in Jacksonville, so it's not clear where he'll start out in Detroit. If Durant can stay healthy, he's a key piece in the Lions' revamped defense. Beat writer Tom Kowalski doesn't believe a Durant signing has any impact on a potential Stephen Tulloch addition.
                              rotoworld.com

Comment

• I like the durant pickup. I think we are playing the fa game perfectly. Let someone else overpay for aso and cro. If we leap on Joseph, then great, but we are buyers in a bloated market. Waiting only helps drive Houston's price down.
                                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information