No announcement yet.

Should we keep SRogers... at all costs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we keep SRogers... at all costs?

I know how talented SRogers is... and how many negative comments I'll get for this thread... but I was thinking about this in the shower today. He's been injured as of late and doesn't seem to want to work as hard for Marinelli as Marinelli wants him to (unless I'm completely off on that one). He's a household name... but, if he has another "down" season, may slip in value.

If offered a 1st round draft pick for him, should we take it? This is just a thought... I have not heard this anywhere and do not have a link. We've got Redding and Cody (a pass-rushing DT), and could use the pick on a number of players. We could also draft a DT with one (or two) of our 5th round picks... to give us depth.

I dunno... just a thought. I think I'd rather trade him and have Marinelli draft more of his players... we could end up with an insane draft with 2 1st round picks and a trade down from #2.

Just some thoughts... let me know what you think.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

For the right offer, I'd trade Shaun Rogers.. I'd definately give him up for a Round 1 pick.. He seems to have an attitude problem.. For someone with his talent, he should be a leader and I'm not sure he's that.. I'd like to keep him, but not at all costs..

...why do you think about Shaun Rogers while you're in the shower?

Comment

If Cody can prove to be an adequate player do it for a first rounder right away.

Comment

I would give the Browns 2nd for him.

Comment

As a Cowboys fan I would give pick #22 straight up. That might be a bit step..but I would do it.

Comment

i dont think I would he's had inuury issues and i wouldnt be shocked if he's way over wieght but i think Marinelli wants to keep him. In a tampa 2 u need a great dline and trading arguably one of the best DTs in the NFL (when healthy) doesnt help. I think Rod and Millen are drooling over a tandem of redding and rogers inside and will try to keep that if possible. At the same time i dont see a team offering a 1st round pick

Comment

I'm not sure how much value he has right now. At the end of last season Tony Ortiz reported that if a team offered the Lions an early 2nd Round pick for him, they would more than likely take it.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                i dont think I would he's had inuury issues and i wouldnt be shocked if he's way over wieght but i think Marinelli wants to keep him. In a tampa 2 u need a great dline and trading arguably one of the best DTs in the NFL (when healthy) doesnt help. I think Rod and Millen are drooling over a tandem of redding and rogers inside and will try to keep that if possible. At the same time i dont see a team offering a 1st round pick
                A lot of good responses to this question.

We need a great DLine... true... but, if we can get a second 1st round pick, we can spend the first on Gaines Adams... which would give us Adams - Redding - Cody - White. With the pressure that Adams and Redding would create, Cody could excel.

I dunno... if he's overweight, injury-prone and doesn't seem to want to work hard, lets take the picks and fill other needs. Just how I feel.

Lions WMD: I have no idea... it just happens. And, no... it wasn't like that.

Comment

I said we should trade him a while back. But not until his value goes up again.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

6 Million dollar cap hit for trading Rogers. Not worth it, plus he is too good when he actually plays. We need a rotation at DT because Rogers gets tired. Plus their are injury concerns as we saw last year. Having two good DTs Rogers and Redding and one decent DT with potential in Cody is crucial for success in the Cover 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                      6 Million dollar cap hit for trading Rogers. Not worth it, plus he is too good when he actually plays. We need a rotation at DT because Rogers gets tired. Plus their are injury concerns as we saw last year. Having two good DTs Rogers and Redding and one decent DT with potential in Cody is crucial for success in the Cover 2.
                      We wouldn't be cutting him without reimbursement... we'd be receiving (at least) a 2nd round pick. Looking at the needs we have, and the players available in the draft, that pick could definately be well spent.

Having him injured on the bench (or sat because of his attitude) makes me want to trade him and draft a "Marinelli-guy" in his place.

Another bad year and he wont be worth much.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                        A lot of good responses to this question.

We need a great DLine... true... but, if we can get a second 1st round pick, we can spend the first on Gaines Adams... which would give us Adams - Redding - Cody - White. With the pressure that Adams and Redding would create, Cody could excel.

I dunno... if he's overweight, injury-prone and doesn't seem to want to work hard, lets take the picks and fill other needs. Just how I feel.

Lions WMD: I have no idea... it just happens. And, no... it wasn't like that.
                        :D You could not control yourself hu?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

We wouldn't be cutting him without reimbursement... we'd be receiving (at least) a 2nd round pick. Looking at the needs we have, and the players available in the draft, that pick could definately be well spent.

Having him injured on the bench (or sat because of his attitude) makes me want to trade him and draft a "Marinelli-guy" in his place.

We still have the cap hit if we trade him. It just creates another hole. Who is to say the DT we draft would be better than Rogers. Thats unlikely to think they would at least right away. Good DTs are crucial to opening things up for the linebackers to make plays. When Rogers was in there this year, we were great against the run. When Rogers left, teams could run and pass on us with ease. Plus Redding is only here for one year as of now unless we franchise him again or he signs long term.

Comment

I don't think cutting him now would be a good thing, it would just mean another big hole to fill, and this years DT class is good, but Rogers is one of the best at his position when healthy.

Besides, you're the guy who always says we need defensive help, so creating another hole wouldn't do us much good, maybe if we can get around to fixing DE, LB, S and CB holes this year and maybe some next year, we could start thinking about DT, it's the only position where we've got some REAL quality, so let's not mess with it for now.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think if Rogers is unwilling(or unable) to work, and you can get good value in return, you make that trade IMO. I like Rogers, but sometimes hard decisions need to be made. If he's not willing to get with Marinelli's program, then he's potentially hurting the team more than helping.

Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information