Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jets to Trade Dewayne Robertson and 3rd Round pick to Lions for Shaun Rogers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets to Trade Dewayne Robertson and 3rd Round pick to Lions for Shaun Rogers?

I found this on another forum:

"Jets to Trade Dewayne Robertson and 3rd Round pick to Lions for Shaun Rogers?
    Heard this rumor on Sirus Radio today."

I dont know about this...I'd rather trade him for a 1st and Robertson..he's damn well worth it. Come on Millen, don't be stupid

Originally posted by Jagonsucker View Post

I dont know about this...I'd rather trade him for a 1st and Robertson..he's damn well worth it. Come on Millen, don't be stupid
    Let's hope it never becomes more than a rumor. The sheer size of Robertson's paycheck makes this a one-way deal. Although he did show some signs of improvement.

But a third is too low, second we'll consider it, first it's a deal.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

i dont belive it i rly think that marinelli is going to try to reach this guy and get on the same page

Comment

Originally posted by Jagonsucker View Post

If they traded SRogers, I think it would have to be for a 2nd... at LEAST! Why trade SRogers... the better DT... for a lesser DT and a 3rd round pick? Nah. Give me a better player and a 3rd or give me Robertson and a 2nd.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

this is a silly rumor. Rogers is a super talent who's worth sticking with, and the cap hit from trading him would be pretty huge. It would have to be a great deal to trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
            this is a silly rumor. Rogers is a super talent who's worth sticking with, and the cap hit from trading him would be pretty huge. It would have to be a great deal to trade him.
            Yep. Robertson and a 3rd wouldn't cut it.

I kinda want to trade SRogers... but not for free.

Comment

That would be one of the worst trades ever...

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonikk1 View Post
                That would be one of the worst trades ever...
                It would be better than trading for Carr, though...

Comment

It's a BAD deal for the Lions but you never know what Millen will pull the plug on.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                    It would be better than trading for Carr, though...
                    No, I don't think it would. Even though Rogers is starting to look like more of a distraction, he is more talented than Robertson. Also, Robertson has a HUGE cap number. Carr could thrive somewhere but I don't think Detroit would be the right place, it would still be better to get him then Robertson. Robertson and a 3rd rounder does not equal Rogers value at all especially with the cap hit trading Rogers would bring on and then taking on DR's salary.

Comment

No, I don't think it would. Even though Rogers is starting to look like more of a distraction, he is more talented than Robertson. Also, Robertson has a HUGE cap number. Carr could thrive somewhere but I don't think Detroit would be the right place, it would still be better to get him then Robertson. Robertson and a 3rd rounder does not equal Rogers value at all especially with the cap hit trading Rogers would bring on and then taking on DR's salary.
                      I do not want Carr.

Considering Rogers' weight and injuries, I'd take a young, talented DE over trading picks for Carr.

Comment

I am not saying I'd want Carr here either. At least not in a trade. Houston may end up cutting him anyway so if that happens, then I would possibly like to see him here. But the Robertson-Rogers trade thing..that's an absolute joke.

Comment

I am not saying I'd want Carr here either. At least not in a trade. Houston may end up cutting him anyway so if that happens, then I would possibly like to see him here. But the Robertson-Rogers trade thing..that's an absolute joke.
                          If they traded their 2nd and 3rd... (or even just the 2nd)... tha'd be better. A 3rd isn't worth it. We can agree there.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                            If they traded their 2nd and 3rd... (or even just the 2nd)... tha'd be better. A 3rd isn't worth it. We can agree there.
                            The only problem is the NYJ traded the early 2nd rounder they had to the Bears in the Jones deal. But they still have 2 2nd rounders..but again, because of Robertson's cap hit, this would be an awful deal..but it is Matt Millen

Comment

I'd stay as far away as possible from this trade.. I would trade him and a 5th Rounder for that nice #25 though..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information