THrough all the smokescreens and rumors..this is who i think the Lions take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THrough all the smokescreens and rumors..this is who i think the Lions take

If they are able to trade down..Laron Landry will be the pick. Theres many good DEs and linebackers in this draft so I think they will address those needs later.

Where would he play SS, FS, or CB? Yes I know he's a safety, but with his speed and our current roster where would YOU put him at?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagonsucker View Post
      If they are able to trade down..Laron Landry will be the pick. Theres many good DEs and linebackers in this draft so I think they will address those needs later.
      There are a few good MLBs, and I don't think theres one that's close to Willis.

I agree that there are many good DEs and I think we can get a great pass-rusher in round 2. I'd hate to pass on Willis, though.
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Did anyone read the article on Patrick Willis from ESPN the Mag. from Aug-Dec(not sure on which issue)? He is the type of high character player the Lions salivate over. Very impresive young man!

Comment

i dont think they're looking at landry to be honest if htey were interested in him marinelli probably would have atended LSU's pro day but instead opted to go to MSU's. I know distance was probably a factor but if they were interested im sure they would have gone down and take a look at Russell and Landry over Stanton

Comment

They'll target Willis first. They didn't want Sean Taylor the year they ended up with Roy Williams. I know he went one pick before their's, but they didn't feel it was a need then, they likely won't now (and things are no better at safety than they were then).

That said, we could do a lot worse than Landry. I wouldn't complain if we got him somehow.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I heard that the Lions were locked into Taylor and were desprately hoping the Skins would choose Winslow.

Comment

I actually think its Willis they're really after, not Landry. If you think about it, after Willis, Beason is the only player who they'll likely target in the 2nd rd. There is no guarantee that even Beason will be around by that time. But there are like 4 safeties this year who have enormous potential (Landry, Nelson, Griffin and Merriweather). Either Griffin or Merriweather will be around and there isn't that much of a drop off in talent or potential, compared to the dropoff after Beason should he be gone.

Comment

So assuming a trade down. Would you guys want Willis/Merriweather or Landry/Beason. I can't decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    So assuming a trade down. Would you guys want Willis/Merriweather or Landry/Beason. I can't decide.
                    Landry/Beason, IMO. Assuming we feel that Beason can play MLB in our scheme.

But I don't think Beason is gonna be there at 34.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      Landry/Beason, IMO. Assuming we feel that Beason can play MLB in our scheme.

But I don't think Beason is gonna be there at 34.
                      I agree that would be the better combo, but as you said Beason stock is on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        I'll be honest... Willis/Meriweather, hands down. Landry is a beast and Beason will be good, but I see Willis being a complete monster... and Meriweather will be oustanding.

I'd take either... but my vote goes to Willis/Meriweather.
                        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

id take willis and merriweather just because willis IMO is much better than Beason while Landry and Merriweather aren't all that far apart if you take away Merriweathers stomping in that fight

Comment

No doubt, Willis /merriweather.....but I like Landry alot..but P Willis is going to be a beast..

Comment

If we get both Willis and Merriweather I'l be grinning ear to ear for a month!!!! Would be two huge contributers to our Defense. I believe Willis and Merriweather are pro bowl caliber players. Landry probably will be but I'm not quite sold on Beason yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information