• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xiomera
    started a topic McCown

McCown

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...es_mccown.html

We have heard the rumors that Oakland is interested. This article suggests that he mamy be our most valuable trade chip (over Shaun Rogers), and says that Oakland would have to give up more than normal for a backup QB.

What would be a good price? And is he worth trading? It would potentially open the door for someone like Stanton, but at the same time, it may hurt our chances of dealing down as Oakland would likely go with CJ if they got McCown . . . hmmm

Thoughts?

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
    Oakland had a real shot at signing McCown last year before we signed him. Al Davis turned thumbs down on him. I doubt he has any interest in him now. I seriously doubt Mcown is worth anymore than a 5/6th rounder at this stage.
    That's actually not true. McCown turned down Oakland and said he did so because they were committed to a quarterback of the future (people took that to mean they were targeting Leinart, but it appears the quarterback was Walter).

I think Al Davis is still interested.

Leave a comment:

• reinar
    replied
    who else is in the market for a QB (Mcnown) at this point?

Miami maybe, Minn maybe, Carolina is out (carr), atlanta is out (harrington), Texans are out (schaub), Bucs are out (garcia), dallas is out (johnson)

Leave a comment:

• TacticaLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Mythos View Post
    I think Canadian hit this right on the nose. If you look at Joey, Ramsey, and Carr the market for unrealized potential/backup QB seems to be a 5th-nada.
    We've got enough 5ths.
    I can't find the post, but I think it was WMD that said giving them McCown, gives them CJ. This hit me and I think it's also right on the money.
    I think CJ at #2 is the only way we get close to trade value for moving down.
    I'll take a 5th for McCown... I want all the 5ths this year. Every one. Think we could trade Kennedy for a 5th? Not only would we be closer to that goal, but it would force them to address FS... which would be awesome.

Anyway, back on topic. The only reason I think we should trade McCown is that he doesn't seem to want to be here... and we don't really need him. When Kitna is done winning Super Bowls with us (and retires), I have a feeling someone other than McCown will be the starter.

Also, if Oakland doesn't take JRussell (and takes CJ), we could offer him up instead. It's known that the Browns are interested in him... and there are other teams that would jump them to grab him. So, trading McCown for a 3rd-4th and receiving a 2nd and 3rd for trade down compensation would leave us with quite a few picks.

I'm not saying its best case scenario, but it could definately still work.

Originally posted by Addict
    Thanks, will do. Same to you... darn rep point giving thingy keeps telling me to 'spread some around' before I can give you again. You'll get some soon, for laughs and info given
    Haha. I think we make this board fun.
    Last edited by TacticaLion; 03-30-2007, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mythos
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
    Oakland had a real shot at signing McCown last year before we signed him. Al Davis turned thumbs down on him. I doubt he has any interest in him now. I seriously doubt Mcown is worth anymore than a 5/6th rounder at this stage.
    I think Canadian hit this right on the nose. If you look at Joey, Ramsey, and Carr the market for unrealized potential/backup QB seems to be a 5th-nada.
    We've got enough 5ths.
    I can't find the post, but I think it was WMD that said giving them McCown, gives them CJ. This hit me and I think it's also right on the money.
    I think CJ at #2 is the only way we get close to trade value for moving down.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
    THAT was a funny post.

Good ****, man... keep up the good work.
    Thanks, will do. Same to you... darn rep point giving thingy keeps telling me to 'spread some around' before I can give you again. You'll get some soon, for laughs and info given ;)

Leave a comment:

• TacticaLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    When I read your post I had this very clear image from GTA San Andreas in my head... you know OG Loc in that game? The way he says 'It ain't Gangsta!' just popped into my head.

I laughed out loud, then realised there was nobody else in the room and that if there was I'd probably look pretty stupid. Then I blushed and started to write this down and as I am writing this down I do so wonder what the hell I'm talking about. I'll just stop writing now.
    THAT was a funny post.

Good ****, man... keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Iamcanadian
    replied
    Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    I can't imagine Oakland being the only team interested in McCown, though.. what about Cleveland? Miami? maybe Carolina?

I think Oakland is the only team that's willing to grossly overpay for him.. I would only do it if they offered a 2nd Rounder, and I highly doubt they would do that... a 2nd Rounder is what we'd be losing if we can't trade down since CJ is off the board.. We can't make it easy on them.

Leave a comment:

• LionSmack
    replied
    Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
    If Raiders bring in McCown it sure as hell doesn’t mean we will atomically draft CJ
    haha atomically draft

I'm guessing you said that because getting drafted by the Raiders is about as much fun as having a nuclear weapon dropped on your head

Leave a comment:

• TRJ997
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    When I read your post I had this very clear image from GTA San Andreas in my head... you know OG Loc in that game? The way he says 'It ain't Gangsta!' just popped into my head.

I laughed out loud, then realised there was nobody else in the room and that if there was I'd probably look pretty stupid. Then I blushed and started to write this down and as I am writing this down I do so wonder what the hell I'm talking about. I'll just stop writing now.
    Stream of consciousness at its finest.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
    why wouldnt you?

Leave a comment:

• asmitty45
    replied
    Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
    If Raiders bring in McCown it sure as hell doesn’t mean we will atomically draft CJ
    why wouldnt you?

Leave a comment:

• TacticaLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    I think his signature answers this question.

I'd take a 3rd for him. A pending Free Agent QB . . . we could use Oakland's 3rd to take Stanton/Edwards. I'd rather have our QB of the future than have McCown for the rest of the year and then lose him.

That being said, no one would be crazy enough to give us a third for him.
    My bad. I'm at work and can't see sigs.

I agree about the Stanton/Edwards comment. We trade one to get one better.

Leave a comment:

• NIN1984
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
    Are you a Raiders fan or a Lions fan?

Raiders fan, I can see your point. Lions fan... what!?
    I think his signature answers this question.

I'd take a 3rd for him. A pending Free Agent QB . . . we could use Oakland's 3rd to take Stanton/Edwards. I'd rather have our QB of the future than have McCown for the rest of the year and then lose him.

That being said, no one would be crazy enough to give us a third for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information