Trade down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade down

Pretty much everybody thinks the Lions should take the best offer they get and trade down, so let's have everybody get out there crystal ball and predict with all honesty who the Lions will trade with and what they get in return.

Here's my 6th sense coming through: Detroit trades #2 to San Fran for the #11 + #42 (2nd round #10) + 2008 1st round.

Detroit drafts: #11 - Patrick Willis
    #42 - Top DE/DB (dependent on their first 2nd rounder)
    2008 1st rd - BPA (probably target trade up with other 1st for an impact player such as Brohm, Brennan, McFadden, Jake Long, Sam Baker, or top DE)

SF drafts: #2 - Calvin Johnson

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
    Pretty much everybody thinks the Lions should take the best offer they get and trade down, so let's have everybody get out there crystal ball and predict with all honesty who the Lions will trade with and what they get in return.

Here's my 6th sense coming through: Detroit trades #2 to San Fran for the #11 + #42 (2nd round #10) + 2008 1st round.

2008 1st rd - BPA (probably target trade up with other 1st for an impact player such as Brohm, Brennan, McFadden, Jake Long, Sam Baker, or top DE)

I wish.

I'd take that any day of the week.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Well San Fran has addressed most of their other needs via Free agency, and they need the third leg of the tri-pod with Smith and Gore in place. Their other main need is LB and they could find a couple backers in the middle rounds, not to mention extra 3rd and 4th compensatory picks.

Comment

Wow. That would be awesome. Would San Fran do it though? I mean that's giving up a lot (A LOT) to get CJ, even though the position is a need, they do have other gaps to fill (safety comes to mind, defensive line)

As for next year, QB depends, if they get a guy @34 at DE and Stanton at 47 (though 'd rather see them get a DB), they won't be looking for quarterback in '08, that said. I think if they get a DE and a DB with their round two picks, they should definately take a chance at drafting a guy like Brohm or Brennan, or BOOTY!
        YEEEHAA!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think Stanton would be a pretty decent pick there, but I just don't see it happening with their Josh McCown still there and Kitna under contract for at least another year. That being said I think Stanton is exactly the type of QB that Martz loves and would benefit from sitting behind Kitna, just not for two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            Wow. That would be awesome. Would San Fran do it though? I mean that's giving up a lot (A LOT) to get CJ, even though the position is a need, they do have other gaps to fill (safety comes to mind, defensive line)

As for next year, QB depends, if they get a guy @34 at DE and Stanton at 47 (though 'd rather see them get a DB), they won't be looking for quarterback in '08, that said. I think if they get a DE and a DB with their round two picks, they should definately take a chance at drafting a guy like Brohm or Brennan, or BOOTY!
            YEEEHAA!

if they need a safety we'll happily throw in kennedy hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
              if they need a safety we'll happily throw in kennedy hahaha
              HAHA! Outstanding.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

San Francisco actually gets the better of us according the the trade value chart, but of course I would do this deal in a heartbeat.

Willis at 11, CB/DE at 34, CB/DE at 42, Stanton at 66, and a '08 1st to boot.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

IMO, this deal would make sense and is pretty fair to both teams inolved. The only negative would be Detroit having to play against Gore, CJ, and Vernon Davis. That offense could be tough to slow down until we get cover 2 players throughout the lineup.

Comment

I'd love to do that deal.. I'd want to target Calais Campbell in 08!

Comment

IMO, this deal would make sense and is pretty fair to both teams inolved. The only negative would be Detroit having to play against Gore, CJ, and Vernon Davis. That offense could be tough to slow down until we get cover 2 players throughout the lineup.
                      yeah but how often do we really play san fran

Comment

If Detroit improves at all I'm sure we'd have to see them in playoffs.

Comment

im not sure we're in a posistion to not do trades right now because me might be lucky enough to make the playoffs and play that team haha

Comment

I'm just saying that SF would be dangerous, not that we shouldn't do a trade. If anything I was trying to justify San Fran, trading all their to picks to move up.

Comment

o alright fair enough

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information