Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon McGraw signs in KC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jon McGraw signs in KC

    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/03..._s_jon_mcgraw/

    Did anyone know this? I didn't even know he was a Free Agent . . .

    We have Kennedy and Bullocks and who else at Safety? I can't think of anyone . . .

    I think Safety becomes a much bigger need now. I know it sounds crazy that safety becomes a need after losing Jon McGraw of all people, but we have no depth to speak of, and Kennedy isn't exactly great.

    Thoughts? Let's grab Landry, lol
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

  • #2
    no lets get merriweather in the second or grap gattis in the 4th in he's there just for depth reasons but if we dont take a guy like landry nelson griffin or merriweather i have to think thats what they'll be looking at next year since this defense will never be as good as they should be with kennedy out there

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow. I'm not sure if I'm more suprised that we let him go or that somebody actually picked him up. I never thought I'd be praying for McGraw to be on the field.

      Comment


      • #4
        yay? Who else plays safety besides Kennedy and Bullocks now?
        Cheers to Michigan winters...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
          yay? Who else plays safety besides Kennedy and Bullocks now?
          He was our only backup that I know of. I wanted that Kaevisaharininganiner guy that signed with New Orleans.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well I'll certain miss his lack of ball skills and missed tackles, even if for depth reasons.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • #7
              I absolutely want Merriweather for the Lions now. Safety is definatly a bigger need for Detroit than CB. I know its ridiculous to think that I have only come to this realization now that McGraw is elsewhere, but it's true. Merriweather is said to be the best coverage safety in the draft. He would be a great player to pair with Bullocks for the future.

              I would love to see Detroit take Merriweather in Round 2 with the 34th pick.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                I absolutely want Merriweather for the Lions now. Safety is definatly a bigger need for Detroit than CB. I know its ridiculous to think that I have only come to this realization now that McGraw is elsewhere, but it's true. Merriweather is said to be the best coverage safety in the draft. He would be a great player to pair with Bullocks for the future.

                I would love to see Detroit take Merriweather in Round 2 with the 34th pick.
                Hmm. I would certainly like him over a QB. I think Millen's draft is going be all about players that can contribute right away.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  Hmm. I would certainly like him over a QB. I think Millen's draft is going be all about players that can contribute right away.
                  Merriweather could definatly contribute right away. I just hope Millen/Marinelli can overlook his off-the-field problems. He is a first round talent, no doubt.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Merriweather could definatly contribute right away. I just hope Millen/Marinelli can overlook his off-the-field problems. He is a first round talent, no doubt.
                    Yeah I could see him being the Nickel, and backup both safety positions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                      Yeah I could see him being the Nickel, and backup both safety positions.
                      Exactly . . . people think he could play CB in the Pro's on occasion. He is the perfect DB for Detroit to take, IMO.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've wanted Meriweather for a while now.. I hope they can look past his off the field issues and bring him in.. He's got all the skills you could want in a safety.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Bullocks + Merriweather = A stud safety tandem for the future . . . how can we pass that up?
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            Bullocks + Merriweather = A stud safety tandem for the future . . . how can we pass that up?
                            plus we're able to get rid of kennedy who is terrible

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                              plus we're able to get rid of kennedy who is terrible
                              We'd still keep him around for 2007.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information