How would you feel if the Lions tried to Trade for Pacman jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you feel if the Lions tried to Trade for Pacman jones

just curious....because I talked to some cat who claimed to be Shaun Cody's friend....couldn't really care less if he was lieing or not....but he said Shaun said they might be trading for Pacman Jones & the worst part of the NFL is preparing for the season....

no comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
      just curious....because I talked to some cat who claimed to be Shaun Cody's friend....couldn't really care less if he was lieing or not....but he said Shaun said they might be trading for Pacman Jones & the worst part of the NFL is preparing for the season....
      Umm. Interesting. He's a great talent... but too much baggage. He was a top pick, though... maybe Marinelli (and the new policy) could keep him in line?
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Its never gonna happen with Marinelli around. He sent c-rog and bly packing, so it doesn't make any sense to get pac-man.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
          Umm. Interesting. He's a great talent... but too much baggage. He was a top pick, though... maybe Marinelli (and the new policy) could keep him in line?

No. That is a big mistake. People think they can keep a guy like that in line. Just like Philly and Dallas with T.O.

You can NOT keep a guy like Pacman in line. If we get him, I will not watch a Lions game.
          "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

well we could probably get him cheap and i think he'd be a probowler here (hes a great talent) so i'd take the risk on him because if we are able to keep him in line we just got a probowl caliber player for the proce of an average player

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket View Post
              No. That is a big mistake. People think they can keep a guy like that in line. Just like Philly and Dallas with T.O.

You can NOT keep a guy like Pacman in line. If we get him, I will not watch a Lions game.
              As detroit4life said, "if" we can keep him in line, he'd be a pro bowler for the price of a lesser player.

And, after all of this, he'll probably be suspended (and will be on a short leash). He knows that if he misbehaves, he's close to being out of the league. So, that being said, I think he'd be better than in the past.

T.O. is his own freak... you can't bring others into conversations with him. After all, a lot of T.O.'s incidents have happened on the field and with other players... Pacman's have happened (for the most part) outside of football.

Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                no comment
                I have a comment:

This thread ought to be deleted outright. The idea of Detroit trading for PacMan is an obsurdity.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                  As detroit4life said, "if" we can keep him in line, he'd be a pro bowler for the price of a lesser player.

And, after all of this, he'll probably be suspended (and will be on a short leash). He knows that if he misbehaves, he's close to being out of the league. So, that being said, I think he'd be better than in the past.

T.O. is his own freak... you can't bring others into conversations with him. After all, a lot of T.O.'s incidents have happened on the field and with other players... Pacman's have happened (for the most part) outside of football.

Big difference.
                  You are correct, but you are arguing for me. Pacman's problems are not on the field... they are off the field, 10 times he was in the wrong place at the right time. 10 times he could have gone to jail, and the league was and still is considering ditching him for a season.

Take a look at the Bengals, drafting guys that have first round talent in the 2nd or 3rd because they have off the field problems, and 9 guys (correct me if I am wrong) that have been in prison. The last thing the Lions need is to depend on a guy who is in jail.

Anyway, Pacman has a shot at the pro bowl if he can stay out of prison.

Comment

i wouldnt mind a trade for him like i said its a gamble with a much better upside than downside but i dont see the trade happening at all

Comment

I'd trade for him in Madden.. but not in Real life.

Comment

You are correct, but you are arguing for me. Pacman's problems are not on the field... they are off the field, 10 times he was in the wrong place at the right time. 10 times he could have gone to jail, and the league was and still is considering ditching him for a season.

Take a look at the Bengals, drafting guys that have first round talent in the 2nd or 3rd because they have off the field problems, and 9 guys (correct me if I am wrong) that have been in prison. The last thing the Lions need is to depend on a guy who is in jail.

Anyway, Pacman has a shot at the pro bowl if he can stay out of prison.
                        Which is my point, really. All of his problems have come off the field... and, now, he's basically the poster boy for "bad conduct". The new commish will start to crack-down on this stuff, and he'll be the one feeling it the most.

He can either a) go down the same path and be kicked from the NFL, or b) walk a straight line and be the pro bowl CB he is. I think that he'll take to the pressure and fix himself.

I guess I feel the same that detroit4life does... he's a great player and the move has great upside, but it wont happen.

Comment

I don't think he'll change though.

He's got enough money to live the rest of his life. He doesn't need the NFL, or a contract, because he's got tons of money.

Is he a great player? Hell yea he is.

Is he worth the risk?

It depends on what we give up.

Comment

I don't think he'll change though.

He's got enough money to live the rest of his life. He doesn't need the NFL, or a contract, because he's got tons of money.

Is he a great player? Hell yea he is.

Is he worth the risk?

It depends on what we give up.
                            It's not just about the money to everyone.

Sometimes... it's to play the game.

Comment

You've got a point.

If he enjoyed the game, and loved it, he would realize what he was doing and turn it around.

Which is your point. I see what you did there... ;\

I guess we'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information