No announcement yet.

The Detroit Red Wings Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt watch the end of it so I missed the scrum, Im unhappy with myself about that!

And hey, Datsyuk had a good game and got a goal, that is a BIG positive. I am hoping Bertuzzi is back soon so he can get teamed with Pavel & Henrik so he can go after some guys who try to screw with our stars.

Also in a hockey related note, making his United States debut for NBC hockey analyst Don Cherry will be teaming with Brett Hull to either call some games or do the between periods stuff. Cherry is the best hockey personality there is it will be good to see him on US TV. He has been doing Hockey Night in Canada for 25 years on CBC.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
      this is gonna be a good series and we're only gonna egt better with hank returning to game form and bert comin back but i hope they put bert with hank and pavel a little bit so it stops players going after guys after the whistle
      Todd with those 2 would be a big help. Both his style of play and his demeanor. I think you would see both Hank and Dats get a little more chippy knowing they have that monster on the line with him. It would stop Iginla and Conroy from giving cheap shots to star players. Iginla wanted to fight and I think if Todd was in, he would have went with him.

Originally posted by supermario86
      Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

I guarantee if Todd was there, he and Iginla would have danced. I'm also something of a Vancouver fan(I know, 2 teams in the same conference is stupid) and Bert always stood up for his teammates. I know he gets a bad rap, but I've always like his style of play. I'm looking forward to getting him back. It just gives us another dimension out there.

Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

but at the same time homstrom works so well witht htose two it would be hard to break that line up so it depends if bert can give that line the saame thing as holmstrom

Comment

I dont want to discount what Homer does as Im a huge fan of his for a good decade, but I think Todd can be just as effective standing in front of the goalie and being a pain in the ass to the other team. I think a healthy Bertuzzi is a better version of Homer.

Comment

Bert should be back today . . . what do you think should be the line combinations? And one forward has to sit out . . . who's it gonna be?

The Lines I'd like to see:
              Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen
              Calder - Lang - Filppula
              Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
              Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler sits out (but what a tough call it is . . . Samuelsson is probably the other option)

I think that more evenly distributes our scoring. We have our super checking line in Drapes, Malts, and Cleary. I don't like having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line . . . spread around the playmakers. Have them kill penalties and play 4-on-4 together, but not on the same line. I like having Filppula on Lang's line so he can take the faceoffs. Lang is terrible at them (won 3, lost 12 in game one).

Thoughts?
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                Bert should be back today . . . what do you think should be the line combinations? And one forward has to sit out . . . who's it gonna be?

The Lines I'd like to see:
                Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen
                Calder - Lang - Filppula
                Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
                Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler sits out (but what a tough call it is . . . Samuelsson is probably the other option)

I think that more evenly distributes our scoring. We have our super checking line in Drapes, Malts, and Cleary. I don't like having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line . . . spread around the playmakers. Have them kill penalties and play 4-on-4 together, but not on the same line. I like having Filppula on Lang's line so he can take the faceoffs. Lang is terrible at them (won 3, lost 12 in game one).

Thoughts?

They posted on espn that Bertuzzi isn't playing today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2837435

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Comment

Originally posted by holtfan92 View Post
                  They posted on espn that Bertuzzi isn't playing today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2837435
                  Damn . . . there goes my line combinations, lol

Oh well, I would rather not risk further injury to Bertuzzi anyways . . . let's hope for Game 3.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Oh man that was a fast goal 1-0 WINGS!!

Edit: 2-0 wings this is going to be over quick.
                    Last edited by holtfan92; 04-15-2007, 01:26 PM.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

it should have been over quick i wish they got another one durin all that powerplay time they had in the first but the flames have really turned this around right now it isn't looking as good

Comment

Nice win for the Wings. They played hard. The Flames really took over the game for about 5-10 minutes there though. Switching to Calgary is a bit scary, with the Flames being so good at the Saddledome. I still stick by my prediction of Wings in 6.

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Lebda is out tonight after that sucker punch from Langkow.

That means we gotta use freakin Kyle Quincey . . . I'm thinkin about 8 minutes of ice time tonight for him . . .
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

The wings know what they have to do theyll close out tonight

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

1-1 after two lets close it out guys.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtime!

Comment

Working...
                                X