Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todd McShay's new mock draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Todd McShay's new mock draft

    T-Mac just released his updated mock with an all new 2nd round. He has Detroit drafting Gaines Adams #2, though he says he believes it'll happen two picks later, and #34 we draft Trent Edwards.

    Interesting sidenote, if the Lions get the Bucs first second rounded T-mac has that pick being Charles Johnson which'll work for me and fit what the Lions need at DE. Edwards was picked with Stanton, Merriweather, McCauley, Eric Wright, and Blalock still on the board.

  • #2
    Originally posted by woodnick View Post
    T-Mac just released his updated mock with an all new 2nd round. He has Detroit drafting Gaines Adams #2, though he says he believes it'll happen two picks later, and #34 we draft Trent Edwards.

    Interesting sidenote, if the Lions get the Bucs first second rounded T-mac has that pick being Charles Johnson which'll work for me and fit what the Lions need at DE. Edwards was picked with Stanton, Merriweather, McCauley, Eric Wright, and Blalock still on the board.
    I don't think we take a QB in round two either, unless we trade McCown before the draft.

    I am still holding out hope for a trade down, and a draft that nets us Gaines Adams, David Harris, and Brandon Merriweather in the first two rounds. That would be amazing.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

    Comment


    • #3
      Detroit needs to put some more smoke out there about taking CJ, Russell, or JT at 2. I'm not sure they are going to be able to get any of the top 6 teams to move up, and after that I don't think anyone else will be willing to pay the price.

      It seems that everyone knows they will take a defensive player.

      Comment


      • #4
        I really dont like trent edwards,especially in the early second. If we take adams at #4 and get the bucs first 2nd rounder we should take Merriwether and McCauley, bulk up the secondary with some really good young players. If its not mCcauley then it should be Stanton

        fenikz

        "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

        35-21

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
          I really dont like trent edwards,especially in the early second. If we take adams at #4 and get the bucs first 2nd rounder we should take Merriwether and McCauley, bulk up the secondary with some really good young players. If its not mCcauley then it should be Stanton
          Exactly. I was thinking the same thing about Stanton. The Raiders-McCown rumors wont go away... and it might be a good thing. If we trade McCown, Stanton is almost certinally a Lion next year... which is a good thing.

          I still want Willis-Abiamiri over Adams/Anyone... but *shrugs*.
          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

          Comment


          • #6
            willis, abiamiri, and 2 CB's is what I want, then get stanton, edwards, or whoever is left out there, or wait until next year for a QB, i like that better.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't want to take a QB just for the sake of picking a Quarterback. And I most definately don't want Drew Stanton.. I will cry if we draft him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ive come around a little on this subject.....I really dont think we need a QB on day one. Jon Kitna wont LOSE us games consistently, however shaky defensive play will lose games for us consistently

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kitna was terrible at the end of games last year. The one that comes to mind almost immediately is the Patroits game. My God, just throw the ball out of bounds not into the middle of the field!! With Kitna at the helm we're always going to be rebuilding, but i would rather him get his ass knocked down until the line jells then some rookie with potential being thrown to the wolves and just loses it (look what happened to Joey).

                  I dont think Stanton is that bad, I mean MSU was god awful but he seemed to carry the team a bunch. But I dont think that any QB drafted this year would be allowed to sit so might as well just wait till next year when everyone is a little more seasoned under the new systems.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    stanton is a very very poor man's jake plummer. i'd avoid at all costs.
                    I'm a state.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                      stanton is a very very poor man's jake plummer. i'd avoid at all costs.
                      I understand you don't like the guy. But Plummer himself is already owned by a broke guy, so there's really no room to be much worse.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        defense can lose games, and with the off season trades to shore up the offense line, and the pickup of 2 backs to bolster the running game (with the OLine increase), as well as the WR pickup, I really think Defense is all that is on the minds for Day 1 drafts.

                        DE, MLB, CB, CB, S are the needs. even though we picked up 1 Cb, which they are saying is #3 (fisher), I really think that Bryant needs to be replaced. I watched him get burned so many times last year, I almost cried every time.

                        Pass rush, and MLB are what we crave, and to be able to help stop others, and keep us in the game so we are playing from behind so much insert throwing the ball alot and being sacked alot) I think we will have a much better record come the end of the year. I can see 8-8 and 10-6 is within sight, with the right 2 at DE/MLB

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information