McCown demands trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCown demands trade

No real information yet but hondo is reporting that Josh will not show up to OTAs and has demanded a trade. i guess the oakland thing could work out although i really hope they still draft jamarcus russell then.

http://spartannation.com/?p=2264

if Josh goes to Oakland, Al Davis will sign CJesus before the draft :p
    not that Josh will help much, but Davis seems fixated on CJ now.

Comment

then wait til after the draft to trade him if we cant he'll deal with it im not too worried about him one way or another he'll come around althoguh i would rather trade him theres a lot of positives in it but moving him to OAK could influence the draft enourmosly and im not sure yet whether or not its in the lions benefit to move him to OAK

Comment

If we make that trade and Oakland takes CJ, that leaves us "stuck" with the second pick. I can not see anyone wanting to trade with us for the 2 pick with two quarterbacks still available. BMW wants to go to, I feel like we are kind of stuck with two guys (BMW and McCown) that do not want to be here or "stuck" with the dreaded 2 pick. Personally I can't figure out how we could ever be "stuck" with the 2 pick but thats how the Lions feel. and since they love the new Kalimba Edwards urrrr Gaines Adams we may as well eat the pick and take another player to early in the draft again.

Comment

really will be a big loss for the Lions!!! HAHA!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Dang, there goes our WR depth

/sarcasm

Comment

i wonder a couple of things here
              1. Tactica said he saw an article, or show clip that if the raiders got McCown, they would draft Russell anyhows.
              2. If they did draft Cj instead, woulndt that actually give us better leverage since then Russell would be there to bid on, instead of just Quinn?

I wonder if we would get more for our pick then?

Comment

What are the Lions asking for exaclty? I heard Oakland offered a 4th or a 5th, but that was weeks ago.

Comment

something just occured to me

what if the trade was McCown AND MWilliams to Oakland, ensuring they draft Russell at #1, sits behind McCown for a year, or if McCown got hurt (aka Leinert), Russell would come in and have his year. They would also get a WR prospect (perhaps they dont care about his weight?

I dont know what we would get for it, but since neither came to practice, I wonder if they are doing physicals, for the trade to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post

what if the trade was McCown AND MWilliams to Oakland, ensuring they draft Russell at #1, sits behind McCown for a year, or if McCown got hurt (aka Leinert), Russell would come in and have his year. They would also get a WR prospect (perhaps they dont care about his weight?

I dont know what we would get for it, but since neither came to practice, I wonder if they are doing physicals, for the trade to go through.
                    Good, Dump em both theyre bums

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post

Williams doesn't possess the deep speed which Al Davis covets..

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonikk1 View Post
                        Williams doesn't possess the deep speed which Al Davis covets..
                        What does he possess? Al does like lousy attitudes. BMW has plenty 'o that

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Kiffen coached BMW at USC too and Moss could be traded on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                            Kiffen coached BMW at USC too and Moss could be traded on draft day.
                            Won't happen. And here's why!

1. Let us assume there is a reciever.
                            2. Let us assume this receiver (let's call him 'BMW') is slow
                            3. Let's also assume there is a team
                            4. Let's say this team is owned by one man
                            5. Let's say this one man (let's call him 'Al Davis), who owns this team (let's call them 'the raiders', loves fast players
                            6. Let me remind you that BMW is slow
                            7. Let's say Al Davis decides everything for the Raiders
                            7. Now imagine an internet forum where a poster (let's call him 'maybe next year millen2') says BMW might be going to Al Davis' Raiders.

Now you fill in number 8.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I seem to remember that Al Davis was supposedly in love with BMW, obviously a lot can change in two years but it is Al Davis. Who's got a worse owner/GM combo, Raiders w/ Al Davis or the Lions w/ Ford and Millen?

Lesser of two evils, w/Davis over the hill, I got to say the Raiders are worse off right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information