Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stanley Wilson going to have a big year??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stanley Wilson going to have a big year??

    I really think were going to see stanley have a breakout year this season. I just feel like hes finally understanding how to play the corner position and im expecting him to do big things. Barry actually says how the starting corners are wilson and fernando with travis fisher as the nickleback. After reading this article, i think that if our corners stay healthy and we add one more in the draft, that this will actually be a pretty good secondary. call me crazy i guess :)

    http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=456657

  • #2
    I like him a lot, we need him to have a good season bcuz if he doesnt he'll become Keith Smith v2. We've never been ever to draft a great CB, if stanley can turn into that we'll eb in much better shape

    fenikz

    "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

    35-21

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
      I really think were going to see stanley have a breakout year this season. I just feel like hes finally understanding how to play the corner position and im expecting him to do big things. Barry actually says how the starting corners are wilson and fernando with travis fisher as the nickleback. After reading this article, i think that if our corners stay healthy and we add one more in the draft, that this will actually be a pretty good secondary. call me crazy i guess :)

      http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=456657
      Key phrase "stay healthy." Also I agree, we need to add one more in the draft, preferably in the first day.

      Comment


      • #4
        i'd still liek hughes a lot his lack of timed speed will make him fall and he fits this defense. He seems like he is a good CB as well so i would like that unless a round one caliber CB falls to us in the second

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
          i'd still liek hughes a lot his lack of timed speed will make him fall and he fits this defense. He seems like he is a good CB as well so i would like that unless a round one caliber CB falls to us in the second
          pre-combine Hughes was a first round "lock," but after his poor times a lot of analysts have him dropping to the third. I'd really like to steal him in the third personally.

          Comment


          • #6
            I know a lot of people aren't Hughes fans and want to argue about his abilities, but if you take away his slow 40s and he is a first round guy. The knock on him has always been his lack of top end speed, so it wasn' that surprising when he didn't time well. Examples of his pre-combine ratings:
            http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insid...mel&id=2742255
            http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=2748081
            http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2725451
            http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2740051
            http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6449380
            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt3/index.html

            the list can just go on.

            Comment


            • #7
              exactly and we'll have a shot at this guy in the third or 4th round due to his 40 times but in the end in this defense he wont have to go man to man much if at all so it would be a fine fit

              Comment


              • #8
                I sure hope that he breaks out becuase we really need him to show up this season with the lack of CB depth. I definately wouldnt be opposed to drafting HUghes in the third.

                Comment


                • #9
                  im almost thinking 4th for hughes if he males it there since i would ultimiately like us to take stanton in the 3rd

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If they trade down out of #2 then there's a strong chance they'll get an additional 3rd.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                      I sure hope that he breaks out becuase we really need him to show up this season with the lack of CB depth. I definately wouldnt be opposed to drafting HUghes in the third.
                      Yes I hope so too. I also hope my mom is almost done cooking I'm hungry as hell. I also hope this song never ends because I love it so much and I can't wait until they perform live here april 29th.

                      Dammit! Time does not go fast enough!!!!!

                      (btw: the song is Paper Wings by Rise Against)

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Two weeks, till time will start moving faster again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I definately cant wait for the draft. So many questions, unlike many other years.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information