John Clayton reports...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Clayton reports...

that the Lions like JaMarcus Russell more than they do Brady Quinn. Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it. I don't have a link, but you can watch the video on ESPN.com in the 2007 NFL Draft section. It's a video talking about how JaMarcus isn't a lock to go to Oakland #1 overall, although he still expects it. He then went on to say that if the Raiders do decide to pick Calvin Johnson then the Lions would favor JaMarcus Russell over Brady Quinn. Thoughts?

i like russell more than quinn as well but this could very easily be a smoke screen that if russell does fall to us cleveland or someone else would try to move up. But if we were to take one of the two QB's i'd rather Russell

Comment

This makes me excited. I've liked Russell all along. Probably is a smoke screen though.

Comment

Yeah, im smelling smoke-screen (pun intended). I dont think Cleveland's GM (Phil Savage?) should have relayed to the world how enamoured he is with JR---could cost his team.

Comment

A little suprised but Russell has some appealing football abilities

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas7399 View Post
            Yeah, im smelling smoke-screen (pun intended). I dont think Cleveland's GM (Phil Savage?) should have relayed to the world how enamoured he is with JR---could cost his team.
            Phil said last year if Ngata is at his pick he will definetly take him. Then he picked up a 6th by switching 1sts with baltimore.

Comment

lol. Russell on the Lions would be a disaster imo

Comment

and why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  Phil said last year if Ngata is at his pick he will definetly take him. Then he picked up a 6th by switching 1sts with baltimore.
                  well played, touche'

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                    lol. Russell on the Lions would be a disaster imo
                    How would it be any less of a disaster if he is in Oakland, Cleveland or Minnesota?

The Lions have one of the premier young WR's in the league, improved O-line and improving defense. Also, JR can hide behind Jon Kitna for a season while he gets NFL-ready, something he most likely can not do in any of those other places.

Call it homerism, but im just calling it like I see it

Comment

Maybe the Giants should draft J.R. because Eli is the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. Don't come on here saying he is gonna have a better year either, he loses Tiki Barber and I dont think Tai Streets has more then 2 years if he stays healthy. The giants have done nothing to improve their O line either.

I would much rather have the lions not draft a QB this draft and wait until next years draft and cash in on Brain Brohm or Colt Brennan.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w

Comment

If the Lions draft Russell, then I know where Quinn is going.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
                          Maybe the Giants should draft J.R. because Eli is the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. Don't come on here saying he is gonna have a better year either, he loses Tiki Barber and I dont think Tai Streets has more then 2 years if he stays healthy. The giants have done nothing to improve their O line either.

I would much rather have the lions not draft a QB this draft and wait until next years draft and cash in on Brain Brohm or Colt Brennan.
                          i was gonna come on here saying to ignore GRF and say JRwould be a nice fit in det. but you come out with that- so, Eli isnt a bust as he's only played 2 years and made the playoffs both. No lions fan can talk about busts on offense,we only lost 1 oline man and the rest is solid ,and where the hell did Tai Streets come from???
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            i was gonna come on here saying to ignore GRF and say JRwould be a nice fit in det. but you come out with that- so, Eli isnt a bust as he's only played 2 years and made the playoffs both. No lions fan can talk about busts on offense,we only lost 1 oline man and the rest is solid ,and where the hell did Tai Streets come from???
                            Yeah could someone explain to me why you cut Luke Petitgout? That move made no sense to me.

Comment

aging fast, massive injury problems with back and leg. too many penalties. he also was gonna make around 5 mil this year. i was a little surprised, but it did make a little sense
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information