Det-Atl Trade rumour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Det-Atl Trade rumour

Drew Sharpe talked to someone in Atlanta and said the falcons want to move up to #2 so that they can get Calvin Johnson (provided he's still there).

The rumored return package:
    Atl 1st rd (#8)
    2nd rd via Houston (#39)
    2nd rd (#44)
    3rd (#75)

Compilation of lions picks after deal:
    #8, 3 2nds, 2 3rds, 4th, 4 5ths, 6th

I would do this deal in an instant. I mean Holy $hit 4 picks in the top 44!!!!!!!
    Not only that they'd have enough ammo to move into the latter portion of the first round, not once but twice!!!!!!!!!!

How about a 1st day mock like this (w/o trading up):
    #8 Willis
    #34 Spencer
    #39 Mccauley
    #44 Sears (or BPA)
    #66 Weddle (or BPA)
    #75 Stanton??? (or BPA)

that would be veryyy sweet

Comment

As great as that would be, and as much as I've heard Atlanta liking CJ, I'd be amazed if that deal would ever be offered. That's a steep price to pay.
      Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Not a happening.

Comment

Petrino is an offensive mind, and as of right now Vick needs HELP from the WR spot. CJ would help Vick tremendously in terms of developing and now the Falcons are completely commited to devoloping him. It also helps that CJ21 is a hometown legend.

Comment

Many people have said the Lions will not trade down past #5, but if Millen is interested in Willis then the #8 slot is the position he would want to draft from. I've been hoping the Falcons would come calling.

Comment

hell ya id do that, then we get Willis/Landry at 8. Merriwether adn stanton in rd 2 and hughes and a Ilama-Francis in round 3. Id be very happy

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

i'd do that in a second a top 10 pick and 3 second round pick as well was 2 third round pick. 6 picks in day one how do u say no to that

Comment

I would do that before they even added the 3rd Rounder. That would be amazing.. I doubt it'll happen, but it is a dream scenario. As long as we can come out of the draft with Patrick Willis & Brandon Meriweather, I'll be a happy camper..

After all, the WMD in my name stands for Willis + Meriweather = Death

Comment

this possibility has me salivating

Comment

think we will still do it?

Comment

would be great for the lions. still seems hard to believe, as its only 6 slots but perhaps the falcons think CJ is the last piece of the puzzle. a swap plus 1 2nd rounder and another pick (anything but the other 2nd rounder) seems more likely.

Comment

Ya, sure, Why would Atlanta want Johnson at that price. Vick is a career 50-53 % passer and Johnson isn't going to make him anymore accurate. Vick simply cannot hit an open receiver to save his life. They lost Kerney in FA and need serious help on defense or they are going nowhere. Selling out for a WR who Vick won't be able to truly utilize makes absolutely no sense. Let's see, there was the trade with Cleveland, then Tampa and now Atlanta. Sounds like just another ridiculous rumour to me although it at least meets the value chart requirements. Tampa is the only trade down I see as doable with either of these 2 possibilities:
                          1) we get Tampa's 1st, 2nd and 3rd
                          2) we get Tampa 1st and 2nd plus either Rice OR Kelly.

It would be an excellent trade down by Detroit if they are targeting Adams plus a 2nd round MLB and CB. This would at least set up our defense to be really good in about 2 or 3 seasons if Millen can actually be right on 3 players he drafts.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

No WR for Mike Vick will be good because of Vicks style.

Comment

If there was 1% of actual truth to this, Detroit would have closed this deal the day it was offered. This trade was never offered and Detroit won't get anything close to this from anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information