ATL the Frontrunners for the #2 pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL the Frontrunners for the #2 pick

Don Banks is reporting: While everyone has focused on No. 4 Tampa Bay as the most likely trading partner for No. 2 Detroit in the Calvin Johnson Sweepstakes, it's the No. 8 Falcons who might truly be in the driver's seat. Sources say Falcons owner Arthur Blank has pretty much ordered Atlanta general manager Rich McKay to do everything he can to put the team into position to land Johnson at No. 2.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...des/index.html

There it is folks the last time Arthur Blank made an order to get someone they slid up and got Vick. CJ21 not only gives Vick some much needed help, but also will generate income by being a top player and, more importantly, a local product.

This is great news, we need this move down and if this is true abotu blank's "order" then we can practically hold them at a ransom for quite a few picks. Awesome.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

I have to believe because CJ is a hometown guy, and thus more marketable in ATL, i think we should be able to get more from them than most other teams. ATL may be willing to over pay a bit in this case.

Comment

Later in Banks' article it says that ATL will probably give us #39 and #44 to swap first with us. He also addresses all the neysayers and states that it would leave Atl with a 3rd and three 4th rounders to address their other needs.

Comment

LaRon Landry in a Lions uni...Come on baby we finally need our safety after getting screwed with Taylor and Huff in past drafts... Although I'm not complaining about Ernie at all ha...

Comment

Don Banks also says that it would put us in perfect position to grab the person that the Lions brass truly covet, Patrick Willis. This makes me pretty happy.

Comment

I'm guessing this trade will involve obviously swapping the 1st round picks, but then #39, Atlanta's '08 2nd rounder, and this year's 3rd rounder. Knowing McKay, who said no player is worth trading a whole draft for, that is what he'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                I'm guessing this trade will involve obviously swapping the 1st round picks, but then #39, Atlanta's '08 2nd rounder, and this year's 3rd rounder. Knowing McKay, who said no player is worth trading a whole draft for, that is what he'll do.
                But if it's known that Blank said what ever it takes, then Millen will be able to hold him "hostage" until McKay ante's up what the Lions deam as fair compensation. This deal would also leave Atl with 5 picks in the first 4 rounds, so I don't really consider it giving up the whole draft.

Comment

God I hope this happens. I want Willis/Landry in the worst way.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    God I hope this happens. I want Willis/Landry in the worst way.
                    You do realize that Ted Ginn would be the selection at 8, right?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Nah, he's going #1 to Dallas . . . yes, you read that correctly.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I don't know, I think they'd have to go with Jarret.

Comment

hahaha, no seriously its Dwayne Jarrett.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

I want to see a bidding war

Comment

As long as Atlanta keeps at least one of their day-1 picks, most likely 75th, I am fine with it.
                              Last edited by Shiver; 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information