U know....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U know....

I really think John Beck will fit in Mike Martz's system in Detroit....what are all you hearing about the chances of you drafting him?

I dont want him at all, matter of fact i dont want a QB at all!

I would say the ONLY way we draft him is if he falls to the 3rd and we somehow acquire another 2nd and 3rd

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Profootball talk says that we are highly intrested in him and if he is at our second rounder we will take him. I think they said something similar about Edwards a few weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        Profootball talk says that we are highly intrested in him and if he is at our second rounder we will take him. I think they said something similar about Edwards a few weeks back.
        I will be furious if we take beck, especially at the high second round, if we're gonna take a QB in the second wait till next year for the deeper talent pool.

And by the time beck learns a system he'll be almost 30! I dont like him at all.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
          I will be furious if we take beck, especially at the high second round, if we're gonna take a QB in the second wait till next year for the deeper talent pool.

And by the time beck learns a system he'll be almost 30! I dont like him at all.
          Some scouts has supposviely given him a mid 1st grade. My conclusion is that I will only agree with taking a QB in the second if we have more than one second rounder.

Comment

no i would much rather stanton or take woodson next year isn't beck like 27? McCown has a better future than him

Comment

Isnt Beck from BYU, and has a 2 year mission to go on? so we draft him now, and get him after NOT playing football 2 years later?

anyone know how that contract would hit our cap? does he get paid while he isnt here? would the cap be hit even though he isnt at camp/team?

Comment

I want to spend our first picks on Defense.. I don't want a QB at all unless it's Brady Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post
                  Isnt Beck from BYU, and has a 2 year mission to go on? so we draft him now, and get him after NOT playing football 2 years later?

anyone know how that contract would hit our cap? does he get paid while he isnt here? would the cap be hit even though he isnt at camp/team?
                  He has already been on his mormon mission, I think they take it before their junior year.

Comment

thankes - i thought I had heard nflnetwork say somethign about 2 years, or maybe it was just his age, and i wasnt paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post

he's done that already, that's why he's so old (he's 26?).

Anyways I don't want him. He went to Portugal voluntarily, that tells me he's insane. Nobody chooses to go to Portugal, it's not normal.

Besides... Beck's still some time away from starting, so I'd rather we spend a draft pick on QB early next year, so that at least we can sit someone for a year or two without him pushing thirty by the time he'll be a good starter.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information