Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 days after the Draft? Start the '08 talk!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 days after the Draft? Start the '08 talk!

First we have to start thinking about what range in the draft we are possibly going to be picking.

Optimistic - Anyway between 10-17
    Realistic - 7-12
    Pessimistic - 1-10

Honestly I think we will fall somewhere in the optimistic and realistc draft area.

Next come the positions we will need to target. Looking at the team I can see RT being a position that could potentially be upgraded depending on the play of Jon Scott this year. CB is a possiblity but only if we are picking out of the top 5 or so as the position can be filled later with cover 2 types. Everyone has high hopes for Teddy Lehman and Baldwin, but ILB could be another huge need for us next off-season. Then you have to look at the departure of Cory Redding. Now there is talk of Francis replacing Redding which would leave a hole at DE.

Players

Jake Long, OT - Michigan
    Antoine Cason, CB - Arizona
    Justin King, CB - Penn State
    Malcom Jenkins, CB - Ohio State
    Calais Campbell, DE - Miami
    Lawrence Jackson, DE - USC
    Dan Connor, ILB - Penn State (I believe he is moving there this year)
    Darren McFadden, RB (To good of a talent to pass up)

Now I need help on additional players at these positions and then candidates for DE and ILB and any othe positions you feel are first round needs.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and say we draft 7-12 and we pick up Calais Campbell.

Comment

Whoa now.. If we're picking outside of the Top 5, we have no shot at Calais Campbell. He's way too much of a freak to make it out of the Top 5.

Anywho, I'm predicting a 4-12 season.. At the best, I could see a 6-10 year, but we DO have Jon Kitna as our QB.

4-12 will land us a Top 5 pick, which SHOULD net us my hero Calais Campbell... assuming/hoping/praying that Darren McFadden, Sam Baker, Jake Long, and Brian Brohm are all still considered Top/Elite Prospects for the 08 Draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        Whoa now.. If we're picking outside of the Top 5, we have no shot at Calais Campbell. He's way too much of a freak to make it out of the Top 5.

Anywho, I'm predicting a 4-12 season.. At the best, I could see a 6-10 year, but we DO have Jon Kitna as our QB.

4-12 will land us a Top 5 pick, which SHOULD net us my hero Calais Campbell... assuming/hoping/praying that Darren McFadden, Sam Baker, Jake Long, and Brian Brohm are all still considered Top/Elite Prospects for the 08 Draft.
        Let Redding walk. Slide Alma Francis inside. Draft Campbell. Have a beastly D-Line.

Comment

Here are SI's top prospects for 08. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.25.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
            Here are SI's top prospects for 08. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.25.html
            Jake Long at #2, nice.

Comment

3 wolverines in the top 22 as well, including 2 in the top 6

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                Let Redding walk. Slide Alma Francis inside. Draft Campbell. Have a beastly D-Line.
                I agree, that IAF is going to be a very good Cover 2 DT.. I wonder if they have intentions of Re-Signing Redding and trading away Big Baby?

Comment

They cant have two undersized DTs in the cover two!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post

maybe we could trade up for Calais... he's a freak... anyhow, depending on the running back situation we may have to consider a high pick on a RB, and they still haven't adressed the middle linebacker postition, and we may even need an OLB if Bailey walks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      maybe we could trade up for Calais... he's a freak... anyhow, depending on the running back situation we may have to consider a high pick on a RB, and they still haven't adressed the middle linebacker postition, and we may even need an OLB if Bailey walks.
                      I could see Bailey walking next year. There are a ton of LB prospects in this draft. We could get a pretty decent one in the second round most likely.

Comment

i still want kenny phillips safety from miami they say he has sean taylors hitting with ed reeds playmaking. He'll go from 5-10 next year im sure take him cut kennedy and move alexander to CB

Comment

haha tyson jackson's eyes are priceless

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw this, but they also did a mock draft for 2008 already. According to them the lions will have the 4th overall next year and pick.............Calais Campbell.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/7630?new=true

I'll post the first 10 here:
                            # 1. Raiders: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas - McFadden ran for 182 yards against LSU, which is basically an NFL team. Character questions, but these are the Raiders.
                            # 2. Texans: Jake Long, OT, Michigan - After Matt Schaub gets sacked as often as David Carr, Houston realizes it's still got a problem.
                            # 3. Vikings: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville - Strong running game, and no passing game translates to 4-12 for the Vikes in 2007.
                            # 4. Lions: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami - I was tempted to put the top WR on the board here, but Matt Millen may not be around to run the draft.
                            # 5. Buccaneers: Sam Baker, LT, USC - Will this be the first pick of the post-Gruden era?
                            # 6. Dolphins: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan - The ‘Fins make up for controversial '07 pick of an Ohio State WR by taking a Michigan QB. You have to love the symmetry.
                            # 7. Cardinals: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida - Pass-rushers are always valuable.
                            # 8. Titans: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami - Phillips gets the edge over Antoine Cason.
                            # 9. Cowboys (via Browns): Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU - Strong D-lineman for Wade Phillips' defense.
                            # 10. Falcons: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas - Tempted to go QB here, but only if the Falcons are bad enough to get Brohm.

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw this, but they also did a mock draft for 2008 already. According to them the lions will have the 4th overall next year and pick.............Calais Campbell.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/7630?new=true

I'll post the first 10 here:
                              Lame mock draft. Nearly the same teams picking in the Top 10.
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information