Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Stanton see any PT this year???

Comment

Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario86 View Post
        Booked it.

Originally posted by supermario86

Comment

Hall of famer, BOOK THAT!!! lol

Comment

New article up on stanton online

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/i...l=1&thispage=1

sounds like martz is making him into the player he wants which i like, he is struggling right now but in time will understand it and get better. I guess thats what these next two years as back up are for.

Comment

If hes making him change everything about him, why did we spend a second round pick on him. You could have got a 7th rounder and totally re did his mechanics....?

Comment

As has been said already, I worry about his decision making. He makes some terrible throws sometimes. It seems like every QB that comes out that throws more INT's than he should and takes some chances he shouldn't is labeled as a "gun slinger" or "Favre like" by fans who like him, rather than just saying "Hey, maybe this guy should be a 4th rounder or second day pick with potential to be groomed." I truly, truly hope he ends up being a stud for us, and our QB of the future. But as notredameleo said, if they were going to change everything about him, why not just draft someone in the second day and do it?

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                  If hes making him change everything about him, why did we spend a second round pick on him. You could have got a 7th rounder and totally re did his mechanics....?
                  because the coaches love his intangibles as well. Hes a great leader something Marinelli loves and he has every physical tool to be able to succeed in the NFL something a late rounder doesnt have. Martz would have done the same with Quinn he wants his QBs doing everything his way and it seems to work with his QBs so llets just wait and see

Comment

I love the Stanton pick, I just dont see why they are changing everything about him if they spent such a high pick on him, but then again im not the mad genius. SO, i think it will work out.

Comment

I love the Stanton pick, I just dont see why they are changing everything about him if they spent such a high pick on him, but then again im not the mad genius. SO, i think it will work out.
                      im not sure changing everything is a negative thing on Stanton it just is how Martz has worked with all of his QBs Stanton never had a Qb coach to do things like this that Martz is doing it will only make him better

Comment

I think what they really loved about him was his smarts, toughness, leadership, personality and charisma, work ethic and intelligence. His delivery and mechanics need work though. If those things were perfect to go along with his intangibles, he'd have been the top-5 pick he was once thought to be.

I think everyone agrees that Stanton will be the #3 this year and not see the field at all if they can help it. A full season should be plenty of time to rework his mechanics if Stanton is 1/10th of the hard worker and intelligent guy they think he is.

Comment

Hall of famer, BOOK THAT!!! lol
                          Drew Stanton to Canton.... has a nice ring to it.

sounds like the Skidazzle (I just invented a new word! YAY)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I was wary of getting Stanton at first but the more I look into it, the more I like him. Most of the L's for MSU were not because of Stanton.

2005 he had a great season with no talent at all around him. 22 tds, 4 rush tds and 12 ints with over 3,000 yards, 8.7 yards per attempt and 66% completion. He is mobile and can lead a bad team on long drives which is crucial to being a QB for the Lions.

2006 he started out pretty good against the cupcakes and Notre Dame, and his interceptions actually went down by 2 to 10 despite a worse season. Once Big 10 play started, he was battling injuries all year because he was getting killed by Big 10 D-lines. Injuries included ribs,back/neck after slamming his head off a water cooler and a concussion. He tried to play through all of it which shows he is tough. He still had 12 tds and 5 rushing tds and a good completion percentage.

Stanton has all the measurables and intangibles, was an Academic All American with no character problems and with Martz providing guidance he has potential to be a good QB. At the very least, a consistent starter who we can bet the future on with not a lot of salary tied up on him until he performs. He also allows the Lions to focus on other areas if we are picking high in next years draft.

Comment

Stanton is much tougher than Jake Plummer. He's also a better athlete and has a stronger throwing arm. He does make bone headed decisions but Martz system is probably the best type of system for Stanton. Drop back and throw to a spot. All timing. I'd actually be much more worried about Stanton if we were still running the WCO. I wouldn't trust him in a system where he's encouraged to free lance. But Martz keeps his QBs on a pretty tight leash. If we can get Stanton up to speed before Martz bolts then I think he can be a succesful QB for a long time.

Would be nice to finally hav a franchise QB.

Comment

Remember all last season how all everyone talked about how much Martz liked Orlovsky and believed he could succeed. It really seemed that Martz already had his QB project. Guess a lot of that was bull. I still have faith in Dan O though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information