Get rid of Shaun Rogers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of Shaun Rogers.

I know I said I was gonna stay off these boards (mainly due to such pointless threads as these, as well as unreasonably negative comments from many "Lions fans" on these forums), but this Shaun Rogers situation has brought me back. I've gotta see how others feel about this.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we should trade Shaun Rogers for a pick and/or player and continue to build the team under the "Marinelli"-way. His stock was high and we've got a few of the pieces to rebuild the position (Redding, Cody and IAF, who could probably be a beast as a DT).

Now we need to just cut him. Forget about him. Cut our losses. Move on. I'm currently stationed in Cincinnati, OH, and have had the pleasure of harassing the Bengal’s fans on their current streak of arrests... and was proud that a Lion hadn't done something stupid. And here we are.

I'd rather have a team of hard working, dedicated football players (that lack talent) than a team of selfish, whiney, talented individuals who happen to play football. Marinelli... you gave us a mindset and a perspective... show how important that perspective is and (finally) get rid of him.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

He like a top 5 or 10 run stopping DT and you want to trade him? i know he has had his ups and downs because of his attitude but he still a beast in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
      He like a top 5 or 10 run stopping DT and you want to trade him? i know he has had his ups and downs because of his attitude but he still a beast in the middle.
      Dre' "I ***** a lot" Bly was a better overall CB than what we have. But, he didn't fit the team, so we traded him. Shaun Rogers' mentality doesn't fit the team, so he should be gone.
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I said to trade him before the draft. I stand by that.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Some Defensive Tackles all seem to be big whiney *******. The Panthers have their own problem with Jenkins right now.. Sometimes it just doesn't seem like they are even part of the team.

Comment

dont forget Darwin Walker being whiney. If Rogers is going to be suspended becuase of the new policy, trade his ass before people find out. Or if he isnt make him play a game or two to show people that he still is good. Then trade him for a high pick 2 rd hell maybe 1st.

As for Jenkins who wants an ageing DT thats wants to be paid as the top 3 DT. Top 10 or 15 okay. But he still is only 7yrs in the league so still has time, maybe Buffalo will trade for him.

Then again they may not want that same situation again like the walker trade. Unless they do where they trade for him if he doesnt show up they get a higher pick in return.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
              I know I said I was gonna stay off these boards (mainly due to such pointless threads as these,
              OK. maybe he doesn't have to say "we gotta win 10 games," but if he (one of our best players) doesn't think that they'll be better than last year, how exactly are you supposed to get excited about that?

Comment

the favts haven't come out and you are ready to bury him....honestly...I'm waiting for a conviction.....and its funny....you act like he is predicate felon....so what he hasn't been enthusiastic the past couple season....and even in that state of mind he has still been there best d lineman...I really don't care about character....because you don't know these players...just win....thats all I care about

"Winning isn't everything but its the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                  the favts haven't come out and you are ready to bury him....honestly...I'm waiting for a conviction.....and its funny....you act like he is predicate felon....so what he hasn't been enthusiastic the past couple season....and even in that state of mind he has still been there best d lineman...I really don't care about character....because you don't know these players...just win....thats all I care about

"Winning isn't everything but its the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
                  http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/10221953 here's what we know so far.

And Rogers has been a whiny piece of garbage for a while now, I agree we should get rid of him.

And take it easy... one the period key... cause not only does it make your stuff hard to read...it's also....annoying...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

[QUOTE=Addict;447644]http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/10221953 here's what we know so far.

And Rogers has been a whiny piece of garbage for a while now, I agree we should get rid of him.

[QUOTE]

LMAO @ WANTING TO CUT A PLAYER FOR WHINING.....and you KNOW nothing.....only what is being reported.....hasn't the Duke Lacrosse thing taught you nothing....please....I'll wait for a conviction....

fans are so sensitive.....the wussification of America continues...

Comment

no thats so stupid the strength of this team is in that front four and thats where our defense is going to start if our front 4 fails our defense will fail. Cutting our best player on that front four will only hurt our team

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                        no thats so stupid the strength of this team is in that front four and thats where our defense is going to start if our front 4 fails our defense will fail. Cutting our best player on that front four will only hurt our team
                        Tell that to our righteous armchair fans....

Comment

send him to the Bears... JA will give you guys a cookie.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

oh and another thing....for all of you b!tching about this situation and his attitude....remember even though Cory Redding had a career year.....the run defense shot to sh!t when Shaun Rogers went down....bet your run defense on the rookie IAF if you wish...why?....when I have a sure thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                              Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/10221953 here's what we know so far.

LMAO @ WANTING TO CUT A PLAYER FOR WHINING.....and you KNOW nothing.....only what is being reported.....hasn't the Duke Lacrosse thing taught you nothing....please....I'll wait for a conviction....

fans are so sensitive.....the wussification of America continues...
                              I fixed your post for you, quoting's hard, I know.

Anyways. First of all, Shaun Rogers is a disruptive player and I hope this is nothing, because him leaving will hurt the team, but by the same token I'd rather have some guys up there willing to give it 110%, but that's preference I suppose.

I'm not sensitive, I just don't think we should sell out on integrity to get a few wins, and don't worry I'm not American, so the 'wussification' really isn't all that bad.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information