No announcement yet.

Packers-Eagles, Week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I loved today was back to back plays when Brett Favre made "Brett Favre" plays with the shovel pass to Wynn and the getting shoved down, sidearm pass to I believe Martin

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

we definitly need to improve in the redzone

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        LB-Good game from them. Barnett racked up 13 tackles and and a nice interception. None of them really made a mistake in the game. Not much else to say here, but did anyone else notice that Hawk lined up on the line in a 3 point for a couple plays. Also we had Pickett drop into coverage once. A
        Good write-up.
        Yeah I saw that with Hawk, I think they're taking a page from defenses like Baltimore and New England where you do odd things and let your guys freelance and try to take advantage of their playmaking ability in any way possible. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea that Hawk was lined up at tackle but it was in shotgun and it couldn't really hurt us. I'd rather have him coming off the edge but with a QB like McNabb who avoids almost everybody he would've gotten away. I think it was to throw them off more than anything.

I noticed a D Tackle drop into coverage once but couldn't see the number, I thought it was Jenkins

Another thing I noticed was Kampman rushing standing up in our nickel or dime package for one play. He did this for one play in the preseason Steelers game also, pretty cool twist.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
          Good write-up.
          Yeah I saw that with Hawk, I think they're taking a page from defenses like Baltimore and New England where you do odd things and let yours guys freelance and try to take advantage of their playmaking ability. I don't necessarily it's a good thing that Hawk was lined up at tackle but it was in shotgun and it couldn't really hurt us. I'd rather have him coming off the edge but with a QB like McNabb who avoids almost everybody he would've gotten away. I think it was to throw them off more than anything.

I noticed a D Tackle drop into coverage once but couldn't see the number, I thought it was Jenkins

Another thing I noticed was Kampman rushing standing up in our nickel or dime package for one play. He did this for one play in the preseason Steelers game also, pretty cool twist.
          I was thinking it was Jenkins since he's a better athelete, but I thought I saw 79. I know it was 70s number, but 79 is what it looked like.

Comment

I was thinking it was Jenkins since he's a better athelete, but I thought I saw 79. I know it was 70s number, but 79 is what it looked like.
            it was jenkins
            pickett is too fat to cover :)

Comment

When I watch the game again I'll make sure to check it out if nobody else does or it isn't pointed out in an article or something.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

It might have been Jolly. He had a couple pass break ups.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                  It might have been Jolly. He had a couple pass break ups.
                  I know for a fact that it was in the 70s, so either Jenkins or Pickett.

Comment

That analysis was perfect, Green Bay might have the deepest most talented D-Line in the NFL, which is good. The scary part is Justin Harrell didnt get PT yet, hopefully that wasnt a waisted pick.

Comment

A win is a win and I'll definitely take it, but this was the definition of winning ugly.

Our defense was everything we hoped and thought they'd be, and with the exception of a few blown plays, I couldn't be any happier about how they played. This is gonna be a fun D to watch for the foreseeable future. It was frustrating though that they just couldn't seem to get McNabb down. But just think of the havoc they'll wreak against far less elusive QB's.

Now, as for our offense.... yikes. What can you say, it was terrible. Besides a few vintage Favre plays and some tough catches by Driver we were completely ineffective.

Personally I was not very happy with McCarthy's play calling. He vowed to be more balanced this year but instead went right back to his pass happy ways. Now, I know we don't have the best running game, but he has to atleast give it a chance to develop or it will never produce. A 43/17 pass/run game plan looks an awful lot like our play calling from last year. I understand that we do alot of short pass routes, but I'm worried that when we keep going 3 and out in a matter of minutes it won't matter how good our defense plays if they can't get off the field. There were a number of situations when we had a 2nd and short and a 1st down could have easily been picked up with a run or two, but instead we threw 2 incomplete passes and gave the ball right back. We also need to get the run established just to take some pressure off of Brett to make plays. Only 3 times in the entire game did GB run on back to back consecutive plays.

We won the game with special teams, or maybe more accurately the Eagles lost it with special teams, but either way it was nice to see some improvement in that unit.

Game ball definitely goes to Crosby. This guy is clutch and I'm still amazed that several other kickers were taken before him in the draft. But hey, their loss is our gain! I look forward to a long successful career for this guy.

All in all this was a huge win for us though and hopefully something we can build off of.

Go Pack!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                        A win is a win and I'll definitely take it, but this was the definition of winning ugly.

Our defense was everything we hoped and thought they'd be, and with the exception of a few blown plays, I couldn't be any happier about how they played. This is gonna be a fun D to watch for the foreseeable future. It was frustrating though that they just couldn't seem to get McNabb down. But just think of the havoc they'll wreak against far less elusive QB's.

Now, as for our offense.... yikes. What can you say, it was terrible. Besides a few vintage Favre plays and some tough catches by Driver we were completely ineffective.

Personally I was not very happy with McCarthy's play calling. He vowed to be more balanced this year but instead went right back to his pass happy ways. Now, I know we don't have the best running game, but he has to atleast give it a chance to develop or it will never produce. A 43/17 pass/run game plan looks an awful lot like our play calling from last year. I understand that we do alot of short pass routes, but I'm worried that when we keep going 3 and out in a matter of minutes it won't matter how good our defense plays if they can't get off the field. There were a number of situations when we had a 2nd and short and a 1st down could have easily been picked up with a run or two, but instead we threw 2 incomplete passes and gave the ball right back. We also need to get the run established just to take some pressure off of Brett to make plays. Only 3 times in the entire game did GB run on back to back consecutive plays.

We won the game with special teams, or maybe more accurately the Eagles lost it with special teams, but either way it was nice to see some improvement in that unit.

Game ball definitely goes to Crosby. This guy is clutch and I'm still amazed that several other kickers were taken before him in the draft. But hey, their loss is our gain! I look forward to a long successful career for this guy.

All in all this was a huge win for us though and hopefully something we can build off of.

Go Pack!
                        Yes I would prefer a more balanced offense, and I'm sure McCarthy would too, but I'm not going to question his play calling. We could not establish the run early and when you can't do that you're going to have a hard time getting it at all. They were locked on to Jackson and we had no other options. Next week with Morency back I expect a lot more running. Plus the Giants defense is a big step down from Philly's.

Comment

BTW was that Jarrett Bush making plays on punts and forcing fumbles
                          also Ryan did a great job with hangtime

Comment

Giants defense is getting torched tonight. With Jennings back we should be able to pass all over them.

Comment

I'm glad that Crosby has already paid off for you guys. I was upset that he dropped so far and hoped that the Broncos would take him as Elam's successor... he's money and has one hell of a leg (kicked a perfect 58 yarder in Miami two years ago)!

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information