No announcement yet.

Packers-Giants Week 2 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Giants are weak and with all the injuries with or without Manning there weaker and I expect the Packers to win by atleast 7 easily probably alot more.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      just saying, MANY people said the giants were gonna get destroyed by Dallas, and that was a close game.

no offense, but you guys did not look too good on O against the iggles. The giants should be looking for pass most of the time. Eli isnt OUT like many have stated, and very well may play.

just dont get your hopes up, and dont feel like the giants are just going to roll over and be an easy win...
      I expected it to be an easy win before any of those guys got hurt. If we lost with them in I'd be dissapointed. If we lose with them not playing I might shoot myself. Well ok, I'm not going to go that far but I will go crazy, I'll even wear a Giants sig for a month if we lose.

Comment

I realized right after I posted that Brady has the unfortunate duty of covering the TEs. He can jam alright, but he can't run with them. AJ is normally on the RB.

I do know, however, that I have seen AJ in man coverage with a TE in the past. He got an INT vs. the 49ers last year in coverage against Vernon Davis. ***I just watched the highlight tape and the Pack was in the dime package with one LB. There goes my wishful thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Brady Poppinga usually covers the TE for you guys.
          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          yeah it should be him, he is the SLB which is unfortunate cuz he sucks at coverage
          He's not that bad. He was absolutely terrible week one vs the Bears last year, but he has improved a lot. Covering top TEs like Shockey and Gates later in the year I'm sure he'll struggle with, but he does a decent job against most. I would expect us to give him help in those weeks though, and putting Hawk on them could even be a possibility.

Comment

the giants will, for right now, be without only Jacobs. Osi, Eli and Madison are up in the air, with Eli more towards probable. i think the giants have more talent than green bay. no offense, but again, your O didnt look good against Philly. granted, you were without jennings and morency, but i still dont understand how the majority of you think this will be an easy win for you. the giants were supposed to get killed by dallas, yet lost by only 10 in a close game...
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Matchup (This was made when Eli was going to be out and assumes Morency and Jennings will be back)
              QB-GB
              RB-GB(if morency is back)
              WR-Tie
              TE-NYG
              OL-Tie(Based on last week, we looked pretty bad)

DL-GB
              LB-GB
              DB-GB

Yalls offense may be better than ours but not by much.

On defense we have on of the strongest DT rotations in the league (Pickett,Cole,Williams,Jolly and on some ocasions Jenkins)

At DE we have Kampman who as of right now is better than Strahan and Osi. Then we have Jenkins and KGB switching in at DE. BTW if you saw the packer game you wouldve noticed the line play better as the game went on. At LB, Hawk and Barnett could make the pro bowl any given year. Poppinga is an average starter. At CB Al Harris and Charles Woodson have ability that falls in between Henry's and Newman's ability. In other words Eli or the Hefty Lefty will be facing two solid #1 CB's. Not a shaky #1 like Henry. At S the potential is there. Collins has showed it and Bigby worked hard thi offseason to gain the starting job.
              Last edited by neko4; 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                the giants will, for right now, be without only Jacobs. Osi, Eli and Madison are up in the air, with Eli more towards probable. i think the giants have more talent than green bay. no offense, but again, your O didnt look good against Philly. granted, you were without jennings and morency, but i still dont understand how the majority of you think this will be an easy win for you. the giants were supposed to get killed by dallas, yet lost by only 10 in a close game...
                Philadelphia has a good front seven and when Favre doesn't have his second favorite target it's tough to have a successful passing game against them

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I find it interesting that the Giants are saying Eli could play, while other reports are that he's out for at least the next few games.

From NFL.com

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

The Giants, however, would not confirm the shoulder separation. Manning called his injury a bruised shoulder. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said it was sprained. The Giants public relations staff labeled it a bruised acromioclavicular (AC) joint.

Coughlin said in his Monday press conference that Manning is day-to-day.
                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

seriously, i will murderdeathkill the next person to say this game will be an easy win. y'all are effing up the chi.

Comment

If Manning plays this week and reinjures his shoulder it could be devastating IMO

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Things im looking for is Jenning to come back healty

offensive line to open up some holes so Jackson can run thru early to get him pump up

looking for a good run game so Favre can use play action

looking for nick collins not to drop any easy pick lol :)

hoping Morency to come back to give Jackson so rest

Comment

I'm so depressed the Packers don't get to destroy Mannings' ******** sissy face. I'd love to see him looking like a little slow boy who just dumped his drawers without a diaper for the first time after Kampman sacked his ass. Oh, how I dislike the Mannings.

EDIT: My prayers may be answered... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...this_week.html
                          Last edited by TitleTown088; 09-12-2007, 05:12 AM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Far less people are calling it an easy win then it's being made out to be. If they don't specifically say it then they're saying the Packers SHOULD win this game. And that's the position I take.

I expect AJ Hawk to be a huge key to this game. Especially if the Giants backfield is depleted he will blitz heavily, he's the best blitzer we have. I think all three linebackers will be getting shots at Shockey and probably whoever does best will finish the game covering him.

The thing with Hawk and Barnett is they're too good as all around players to have one of them covering Shockey the whole game. Whereas Brady Poppinga is a solid all around player and much improved in coverage but not as much of a key player as the other two so they are put in more positions to make plays.

Shockey will definitely be the key on the Giants offense and if we have Morency and Jennings back we SHOULD score 20 points at the very least.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Although Manning is reportedly taking snaps in practice I find it hard to believe that the Giants would risk the future of their franchise on a game in Week 2; if he's not 100%, or darn near, it would be stupid for the Giants to risk his health for one game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

did anyone else watch the game between the Giants and Cowboys on sunday night? everytime they showed Eli he was walking around with his mouth open and the dumbest look on his face, for whatever reason it really annoyed me.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information