Packers-Giants Week 2 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
    did anyone else watch the game between the Giants and Cowboys on sunday night? everytime they showed Eli he was walking around with his mouth open and the dumbest look on his face, for whatever reason it really annoyed me.
    You mean this look

stephenson86

Comment

It's like you two were setting that up :)

Comment

Eh, I haven't seen this kind of confidence from Packers fans since cheese heads went on sale at Lambeau Field.

Heh, seriously though. Hasn't anyone ever learned that there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL? Apparently not.

If Eli doesn't start, I don't think that's game over for us. Granted, I'd be a lot more confident in our team if he was in the game, as opposed to Jared - but I think our offensive line will give him some time to set up and throw the ball down field.

I think Ward is an overlooked RB, and Droughns had been playing fullback quite effectively. Plus our offensive line is easily one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL.

Either way, despite the experts saying this is an easy win, I suspect it could be pretty competitive.

Best of luck to you guys though.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Yall went up against a depleted Dallas defense, and gave up 40+ points. Our offense isnt as good as Dallas' but yall have no defense.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            Yall went up against a depleted Dallas defense, and gave up 40+ points. Our offense isnt as good as Dallas' but yall have no defense.
            but we were supposed to get demolished by Dallas, and it was one helluva game.

i'm surprised in this confidence, as honestly, at the beginning of the year, i had this game pinned for an "easy" win for us. the injuries complicate it but still...
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

i'm surprised in this confidence, as honestly, at the beginning of the year, i had this game pinned for an "easy" win for us. the injuries complicate it but still...
              You act like this is the first time you've talked to a Packers fan.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                well i went to green bay once. i couldnt really hear the fans at lambeau cuz i had earmuffs on... although i did hear all the boos...

but this is the first time i've actually eve had to argue with packers fans, you being a bears fan must do it regularly.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

What this game?
                  Your crazy if you thought it was going to be an easy win for the Giants. Once again Green Bay's defense is on a whole nother level than NY's. And our offense is that much worse. As we saw last week, GB went against a top notch D, NY against an injured one.

Comment

Well, I think it has to do with adjusting to the new scheme, but point taken. I have a feeling our defense will progress during the season. Honestly, it really fits some of our players better than others. Gibril Wilson looked great out there. Not only was he going down hill, but he also seemed improved in coverage. Webster looked pretty decent in the press coverage. Justin Tuck was pretty solid too.

Overall, I think our defense will do much better against the Packers. Witten was a really tough challenge for Kiwi to cover, but I don't suspect Bubba will be. Hopefully Aaron Ross can step up and take over for McQuarters because I think he too fits the scheme better.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Hey they made this parody for a reason http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-WwMzhAj08

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        Eh, I haven't seen this kind of confidence from Packers fans since cheese heads went on sale at Lambeau Field.

Heh, seriously though. Hasn't anyone ever learned that there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL? Apparently not.

If Eli doesn't start, I don't think that's game over for us. Granted, I'd be a lot more confident in our team if he was in the game, as opposed to Jared - but I think our offensive line will give him some time to set up and throw the ball down field.
                        Eh, your passing game will be thrown off balance a lot more than you believe... if some time means enough for a 3 or maybe 5 step drop? then yes. and that's honestly gonna be the only way the giants are going to be effective in the passing game... woodson and harris (assuming harris is 'alright' enough) are both good enough corners for plax, and kamp and jenkins are good regardless of who's o-line their playing and still make plays...

i do expect shockey to have some good gains...

and still, your defense would be better with 11 osi's...
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          What this game?
                          Your crazy if you thought it was going to be an easy win for the Giants. Once again Green Bay's defense is on a whole nother level than NY's. And our offense is that much worse. As we saw last week, GB went against a top notch D, NY against an injured one.
                          our DE's our just as good if not better than yours, deeper as well. At MLB, we both have studs, but Pierce probably gets the edge. Hawk is better than any OLB we have, but i take Mitchell over Popinga any day. Your CB's blow ours away, but Gibril is better than any safety you have, and well butler sucked last game and needs time(lots by the looks of it.)
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

well i went to green bay once. i couldnt really hear the fans at lambeau cuz i had earmuffs on... although i did hear all the boos...

but this is the first time i've actually eve had to argue with packers fans, you being a bears fan must do it regularly.
                            Ha. Boos? Are you sure you were at Lambeau Field? Not that **** stadium to the west? The only time I've ever heard boos at a Packer game are on **** calls, or when Tim Couch played in preseason.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                              Ha. Boos? Are you sure you were at Lambeau Field? Not that **** stadium to the west? The only time I've ever heard boos at a Packer game are on **** calls, or when Tim Couch played in preseason.
                              i heard boos last season, against the jets(i was rooting for the packers)
                              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

our DE's our just as good if not better than yours, deeper as well. At MLB, we both have studs, but Pierce probably gets the edge. Hawk is better than any OLB we have, but i take Mitchell over Popinga any day. Your CB's blow ours away, but Gibril is better than any safety you have, and well butler sucked last game and needs time(lots by the looks of it.)
                                I think i could easily make a case that Kampman is the best DE in the NFL, based on last year atleast when he led all DE's in sacks (merrimen ofcourse is a 3-4OLB)
                                Cullen Jenkins is a rising star and is good against the run. KGB still provides a good pass rusher and did a good job of keeping McNabb from breaking off a big run against us as he always seems to. (But maybe because of McNabb's injury that slowed him down)
                                Overall on Dline green bay is better, way more depth and talent at DT. And close at DE. Gibril is head and shoulders over the packers S's, but I expect Collins to improve alot this year and hopefully Atari will show some flashes (had 9 tackles last week, but that says almost nothing about his coverage ability)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information