Packers-Giants Week 2 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    i heard boos last season, against the jets(i was rooting for the packers)
    god i remember that game, pissed me off so much!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      god i remember that game, pissed me off so much!
      worst weekend ever.

it was great going to Lambeau with my brother, dad and grandpa, staying in a sweet hotel, but the pack got spanked, Rutgers lost in in OT and we watched on TV, and after the pack game, the giants blew it to dallass. great time, but awful sports results haha
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

worst weekend ever.

it was great going to Lambeau with my brother, dad and grandpa, staying in a sweet hotel, but the pack got spanked, Rutgers lost in in OT and we watched on TV, and after the pack game, the giants blew it to dallass. great time, but awful sports results haha
        luckily the pack game i went to we won, but we stayed in an average hotel. before that we were in chicago, that was fun, except for the large amount of bears fans

Comment

our DE's our just as good if not better than yours, deeper as well. At MLB, we both have studs, but Pierce probably gets the edge. Hawk is better than any OLB we have, but i take Mitchell over Popinga any day. Your CB's blow ours away, but Gibril is better than any safety you have, and well butler sucked last game and needs time(lots by the looks of it.)
          Alright, lets take a look. I'm not 100% sure on your depth chart so I took it off of here, let me know if there are any notable mistakes. Also since he's not looking like he'll play I won't put Osi down, but for the record Kampman is better than him. Starters in bold.

DE 1 - Kampman vs Strahan - Advantage Green Bay.
          DE 2 - Jenkins vs Tuck (?, I think he'd start, right?)- Advantage GB
          DE 3 - Gbaja-Biamila vs Awasom - Ad. GB
          DT 1 - Pickett vs Cofield - GB
          DT 2 - Jolly vs Robins - GB
          DT 3 - Williams vs Alford - GB
          DT 4 - Cole vs Wright - GB
          DT 5 - Harrell vs Davis - GB
          WLB - Hawk vs Mitchell - GB
          MLB - Barnett vs Pierce - GB
          SLB - Poppinga vs Kiwanuka - NY (I think it could really go either way, but I'll give it to you)
          OLB - White vs Torbor - Toss up
          MLB - Bishop vs Blackburn- NY
          CB 1 -Harris vs Webster - GB
          CB 2 - Woodson vs McQuarters - GB
          CB 3 - Bush vs Madison - NY
          CB 4 Blackmon vs Ross - NY
          CB 5 - Dockery vs Walker - NY
          FS - Collins vs Wilson - NY
          SS - Bigby vs Butler - NY
          S - Rouse vs Johnson- Toss up
          S - Peprah vs Dahl - Toss up

If you would like an explanation on any of them just ask.

Comment

barnett and pierce are even, if not edge Pierce. if Osi was in, i think he's better than kampman, but probably even because of Osi's injuries, but still, kampan isn't more talented than Osi, or productive.

also, dont know much about Jolly, but Robbins could give him a run for his money. now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. i agree for the most part, and it is pretty even
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

barnett and pierce are even, if not edge Pierce. if Osi was in, i think he's better than kampman, but probably even because of Osi's injuries, but still, kampan isn't more talented than Osi, or productive.

also, dont know much about Jolly, but Robbins could give him a run for his money. now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. i agree for the most part, and it is pretty even
              I'm not sure where you're getting the productive part from. Kampman led all DEs in sacks last year.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Kampman isn't productive?????? He was 2nd in sacks behind Merriman.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                  I'm not sure where you're getting the productive part from. Kampman led all DEs in sacks last year.
                  yea, but one year. Osi was pretty dominant his 1st 2 years. I'm taking nothing at all away from kampman, he's a stud, but i feel he and Osi are equal(this also may be Osi is my favorite player and i have him on speed dial talking..)
                  We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Valid points, the other thing I have a problem with is when you say "now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. " Hawk is good in coverage, and while I haven't seen much of Mitchell I'm pretty sure he's no Urlacher. I wouldn't say Mitchell has better coverage to begin with, but certainly not "WAY" better.

Comment

Alright before I say anything just know that I am likely going to pick the Packers in the pick'em....might change if Eli plays but even then I may give the edge to the Pack.

Just know this....these are the kind of games that the Giants usually come out and win. Home opener (emotional, intense) coming off a horrific game in front of a national audience. I expect the likes of Strahan, Robbins, and Pierce all have to huge games against a mediocre at best offensive line. Our D was awful because didn't get any pressure on the QB, which will change because our D-line matches up better this week in the trenches.

Offensively....something confuses me. All I hear from EVERYONE all offseason is that Jacobs is not a capable back. And now all of the sudden, his being out is a huge factor? Interesting. Ward has done nothing but impress whenever he has gotten to opportunity to run with the ball in his hands, so don't overlook him. And don't forget we still have 4 capable targets, no matter who is throwing the ball and an O-line that dominated a much better pass rush than yours.

Again, I think we'll lose if Eli is out, but it will be a dogfight. Much like your game last week.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

lol at Dallas having a better pass rush, theres a reason they drafted Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          What this game?
                          Your crazy if you thought it was going to be an easy win for the Giants. Once again Green Bay's defense is on a whole nother level than NY's. And our offense is that much worse. As we saw last week, GB went against a top notch D, NY against an injured one.
                          You went up against a top notch Eagles D and scored 3 points. Eagles lost that game. You didn't win it. If Andy Reid had anyone on that team who had fielded a punt in their career, Eagles walk out of Green Bay with a win.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Alright, lets take a look. I'm not 100% sure on your depth chart so I took it off of here, let me know if there are any notable mistakes. Also since he's not looking like he'll play I won't put Osi down, but for the record Kampman is better than him. Starters in bold.

DE 1 - Kampman vs Strahan - Advantage Green Bay.
                            DE 2 - Jenkins vs Tuck (?, I think he'd start, right?)- Advantage GB
                            DE 3 - Gbaja-Biamila vs Awasom - Ad. GB
                            DT 1 - Pickett vs Cofield - GB
                            DT 2 - Jolly vs Robins - GB
                            DT 3 - Williams vs Alford - GB
                            DT 4 - Cole vs Wright - GB
                            DT 5 - Harrell vs Davis - GB
                            WLB - Hawk vs Mitchell - GB
                            MLB - Barnett vs Pierce - GB
                            SLB - Poppinga vs Kiwanuka - NY (I think it could really go either way, but I'll give it to you)
                            OLB - White vs Torbor - Toss up
                            MLB - Bishop vs Blackburn- NY
                            CB 1 -Harris vs Webster - GB
                            CB 2 - Woodson vs McQuarters - GB
                            CB 3 - Bush vs Madison - NY
                            CB 4 Blackmon vs Ross - NY
                            CB 5 - Dockery vs Walker - NY
                            FS - Collins vs Wilson - NY
                            SS - Bigby vs Butler - NY
                            S - Rouse vs Johnson- Toss up
                            S - Peprah vs Dahl - Toss up

If you would like an explanation on any of them just ask.
                            The game makes so much more sense now. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              Alright before I say anything just know that I am likely going to pick the Packers in the pick'em....might change if Eli plays but even then I may give the edge to the Pack.

Just know this....these are the kind of games that the Giants usually come out and win. Home opener (emotional, intense) coming off a horrific game in front of a national audience. I expect the likes of Strahan, Robbins, and Pierce all have to huge games against a mediocre at best offensive line. Our D was awful because didn't get any pressure on the QB, which will change because our D-line matches up better this week in the trenches.

Offensively....something confuses me. All I hear from EVERYONE all offseason is that Jacobs is not a capable back. And now all of the sudden, his being out is a huge factor? Interesting. Ward has done nothing but impress whenever he has gotten to opportunity to run with the ball in his hands, so don't overlook him. And don't forget we still have 4 capable targets, no matter who is throwing the ball and an O-line that dominated a much better pass rush than yours.

Again, I think we'll lose if Eli is out, but it will be a dogfight. Much like your game last week.
                              Well said.

I still never pick against the Packers in the Pick em though. I pick 16 GB wins per year.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                The game makes so much more sense now. Thanks for the explanation.
                                he said if you wanted one ask

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information