No announcement yet.

Chargers@Packers Week 3 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm nervous about shawn merriman. i'm worried he's gonna smoke Favre a few times.

but, yeah, this is a statement game. accounting for Gates and Tomlinson will be tough like it is for any team, but with our young, athletic linebackers, it could work out well.

it'll be fun to watch because i think the game plan will call for a lot of passing.

Comment

all i gotta say is san diego aint got shitttt on DA PACK

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST

Comment

What scares me is that LT has had two bad games to start the season.. LT.. possibly the greatest RB in the history of the NFL.. ... their passing game doesn't worry me but I can see LT racking up a HUGE game.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

I noticed last week that many plays we stuffed Ward, but then all of a sudden he would break off a big run. I know we can do well against LT, but I fear the big play on the ground. We shouldve done much better against Ward.

But i know right now that Favre has to pumped. I think he had one incompletion the last half

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

ill go with.......

Packers in a blowout..... well theres always hope but ill pick

Packers 20 Chargers 17

anything can happen on any giving sunday and I feel like being optimistic. The keys are keep Merriman from getting to the QB, which will give Favre time and he should be able to pick apart a suspect secondary like the Chargers have, its decent but its there weak point. On Offense you cant stop LT but limit his sucess along with Gates and your in very good shape. Rivers hasnt played well, LT has played well hopefully that lasts 1 more week and the Pack come out on top in Lambeau
            Last edited by PackerLegend; 09-17-2007, 06:28 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

What's the word on Jamal Williams' injury?

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                I noticed last week that many plays we stuffed Ward, but then all of a sudden he would break off a big run. I know we can do well against LT, but I fear the big play on the ground. We shouldve done much better against Ward.

But i know right now that Favre has to pumped. I think he had one incompletion the last half
                We tackled like **** against the Giants. That'll be nipped in the butt this week in practice.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                  What's the word on Jamal Williams' injury?
                  Norv Turner talked to him on Monday and he said he felt fine. It could be different come game day though.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                  RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
                    Norv Turner talked to him on Monday and he said he felt fine. It could be different come game day though.
                    Who do the Chargers have behind him? I think Williams not playing could be big for Green Bay.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                      Who do the Chargers have behind him? I think Williams not playing could be big for Green Bay.
                      I don't think there's any doubt Williams won't play. If he were to be out though, it will be either Brandon McKinney or Ryan Bingham.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                      RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

I don't envision a problem with Woodson and Harris carrying their receivers, in fact I think that battle favors us majorly. Especially the Woodson versus Buster Davis battle. I think Woodson could bait the rookie into something fierce.

I think the key to stopping LT is similar to how the Packers bottled Reggie Bush up last year, is by putting Nick Collins on him for most of the game. Collins has the speed and range to keep up with LT and with the occasional double team, I think we could be okay.

Antonio Gates is basically their number one wideout, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Al Harris shift out on him a few times since San Diego lines him up at different positions.

I think the bigger issue is stopping San Diego's defense. Hopefully Greg Jennings will be back by this game and we can have James Jones working against their nickel back.

I think DeShawn Wynn needs to be given more carries. He seemed to be running with more authority and a 'I have to make this play' mentality when it seems that Brandon Jackson hasn't. I would also like to see Ryan Grant get involved more. He has some moves too.

San Diego has a good team, but they need to prove it this year. Hopefully the Packers will play to their strengths [ strong defense, quick passes. ]

Comment

A GOOD SIGN

*Favre is 4-0 vs Chargers
                          *Favre is 4 TD's away from Record
                          *Favre is 4 that his Number
                          Favre rb 34 could be Back

Comment

Seeing san diego only favored by 3.5 points is a huge show of respect for the packers. I think if this was last year that spread would be like 12 points. If the score is as close as 3.5 points it will be a hell of a game. The over/under is at 45 points, so the odds makers are expecting a high scoring game. So am I.

Comment

I wont be able to watch the game on TV this week.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                I wont be able to watch the game on TV this week.
                                Join the crowd....

Anyways, that sucks JJ hurt his hammy too. If he's out the Pack is royally screwed at wide out.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information