No announcement yet.

Chargers@Packers Week 3 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree packers need to be aggressive but i think that thorughout the game our d will slow the game down and make it managable for the pack. I didnt watch the game last week but jon jolly needs to have a game like he did against philly for us to pull out a W also weddle isnt starting clinton hart is who we would need to attack

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevil450 View Post
      I agree packers need to be aggressive but i think that thorughout the game our d will slow the game down and make it managable for the pack. I didnt watch the game last week but jon jolly needs to have a game like he did against philly for us to pull out a W also weddle isnt starting clinton hart is who we would need to attack
      The D is the only thing that will give you a chance.. The chargers will blitz like there is no tomorrow and seeing as how the packers have no run game i hate their chances on offense... becasue its gonna be merriman and phillips all day in favres face - its gonna be one dimensional..

but i think rivers is prolly the worst qb in the league vs the blitz so maybe you guys have a hcnace with the D thing, but by no means does that mean itll slow the game down. running the ball does that- and the packers cant do it. The only ones thatll be slowing the game down is the chargers if the elect to do so..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Well avg OT i will begin by saying that some of what you said has substance i do agree that the chargers blitz will disrupt Green Bay at times but will it be all that different then what the pack saw against jim johnson's philly defense. Which by the way was somewhat neutralized by an experinced quaterback. Also when i said slow the game down and make it managble for the pack I meant that with a struggling quaterback the Packers D will have alot of oppurntunites to shut down san diego and give Favre a chance to establish some nice drives.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevil450 View Post
          Well avg OT i will begin by saying that some of what you said has substance i do agree that the chargers blitz will disrupt Green Bay at times but will it be all that different then what the pack saw against jim johnson's philly defense. Which by the way was somewhat neutralized by an experinced quaterback. Also when i said slow the game down and make it managble for the pack I meant that with a struggling quaterback the Packers D will have alot of oppurntunites to shut down san diego and give Favre a chance to establish some nice drives.

so your sayin that your comfertable with the idea that favre throws all day and that your entire chances of winning are him throwing against a defense who knows hes throwing, and are blitzing the **** out of him.. i understand favre is good against the blitz his track record shows that.. but it also shows that while he doesnt take sacks he throws balls he prolly shouldnt .. im lookin for a big day in the TO department allowing LT to run through your defense on his way to a big day

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
            so your sayin that your comfertable with the idea that favre throws all day and that your entire chances of winning are him throwing against a defense who knows hes throwing, and are blitzing the **** out of him.. i understand favre is good against the blitz his track record shows that.. but it also shows that while he doesnt take sacks he throws balls he prolly shouldnt .. im lookin for a big day in the TO department allowing LT to run through your defense on his way to a big day
            What do you do when the other team blitzes? You run screens, draws, etc. And, last time I checked, the Chargers secondary is sub-par at best. Yes, Favre will force throws, but you usually need a good DB to take advantage of that.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Join the crowd...
              Well I can't because I'll be at the game :D

Also Jennings and Jones are expected to play.

Comment

Jones, a rookie who started in Jennings' absence, was back on the field Friday after dropping out of the early portion of practice Thursday with an apparent pulled hamstring. Jones claimed Friday that he didn't get hurt.

Instead, Jones said McCarthy became protective after he said he felt some tightness in his hamstring during the team's jog-through.

"It was Coach just being scared and nervous. It wasn't nothing about my hammy," Jones said. "That's why I told Coach I'm never telling him anything again. I was out there in warmups, and I said, `Coach, it's a little cold out here, I'm going to go over here and stretch, my hammy is a little tight.' The next thing I know, all the trainers are running up on me, and Coach is like, `Get him out. Get Jones out of practice.' I'm like, I'm 100 percent, I just need to stretch.' It was crazy."

lol

Comment

The guys on NFL Playbook think the packers r gonna beat the chargers (Sterling thinks favre throwin the best hes thrown in years)
                  http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8028edaf

Comment

Originally posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
                    The guys on NFL Playbook think the packers r gonna beat the chargers (Sterling thinks favre throwin the best hes thrown in years)
                    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8028edaf
                    Well that helped lift my hopes for the game. This will definately be an excellent test for the pack.

Comment

Favre Stats Vs Chargers

40 Att's || 25 Com's || 3 Td's || 2 Int's || 325 Yd's || 3 Sck's

Jackson Stats Vs Chargers

20 Att's || 70 Yd's || 0 Td's || 4 Rec's || 60 Yd's || 1 Td's

Comment

Rivers Stats Vs Chargers

25 Att's || 15 Com's || 1 Td's || 2 Int's || 160 Yd's || 5 Sck's

Tomlinson Stats Vs Chargers

30 Att's || 110 Yd's || 1 Td's || 8 Rec's || 40 Yd's || 0 Td's

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          Well I can't because I'll be at the game :D

You lucky SOB. Ive only been able to watch one game so far live this year, and I will miss this weeks because they are playing the freaking Giants game instead at this Irish pub.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I agree that that Favre is throwing as good as he has since Javon Walker had that great year.

Not only is the decision making better, he's been really accurate. He's putting the ball right on the numbers.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Here's how I think we matchup

QB- GB
                              RB- SD
                              WR/TE- GB
                              OL- SD

DL- SD
                              LB- Tie
                              DB- GB

Its hard to compare a 34 to a 43 defense

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Let's hope the Heineken drought keg and Brandon Jackson can have a somewhat solid showing today. I look for Favre to carve up SD's secondary. Favre is our only hope today I would have to think. it's going to suck if the TEs are going to be used to block Favre from the blitz all game long.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information