Defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
    After watching the Redskins game last night and replaying several plays, it seems like we definitely picked up the blitz. It didn't help quite as much as it has in the past but that's expected against the better offenses. There was one play where Campbell was looking for Moss (I think it was him) on a deep slant over the middle through the safeties. But the pressure got him. I think it was Kampman. It saved us a huge play if Moss caught it. Speaking of Kampman... he OWNED the right tackle. With Jansen out it's easier. But he absolutely dominated that guy. He got to Campbell several times, every time it was a different move. In the fourth quarter our D Line absolutely took over one again. There was a stat towards the end of the game: Campbell 37 drop backs, 18 hurries, 12 to 15 hits, and a few sacks Now that I think about it we also slowed down the blitzing in the 4th and were successful because of the D Line's dominance.

Cooley coverage- Hawk gave up like 2 or 3 small catches. Poppinga gave up almost all the rest except the TD. That other one where Cooley was blocking and then he slipped out to run while Campbell was under pressure, Campbell threw it to him and he ran for another 30 yards, that was just poor.

Running back coverage was close to superb. Barnett stopped them on that 4th and 2, the same play they did a little bit earlier. Everything else was sound.

Run stoppage was pretty good.

Woodson and Harris were awesome, but Moss helped our pass D out with his mistakes though.
    Wow that's some pretty good pressure right there. Hopefully we can keep that up.

Comment

I wonder if Rouse could ever get a look at OLB too. He definitely has the size and speed to be an interesting prospect there.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...r_N.htm?csp=34

Real good article on the strengths of our defense. Good to get the national credit.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Guess what?! After the shutout vs. the Vikings we are now 3rd in points per game allowed at 15.8 per game. Officially a Top 5 Defense!

------edit----

I take that back. We are now 2nd!! The Colts just lost and gave up 23 points, they have 15.8 through 8 games, doing the math, obviously that average is going up now.

2nd in the most important defensive category. Woooo
          Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk; 11-11-2007, 11:52 PM.

Bosanac01

Comment

Yeah I counted that up a little earlier. That shut out is going to start getting the packers defense a lot more recognition, especially now that the defense is second in the league with points allowed. I was waiting for all the defensive talent on the team to start showing up in the stats. The nice thing is I dont think we have seen this teams best days yet..

Comment

We're tied for 5th in the league in sacks now. NYG have slowed down a bit and are nearing the back. Good to see we've picked it up to 26 sacks I believe.

Bosanac01

Comment

Another good sign is that the Packers got Michael Montgomery back, so more depth to a deep line.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information