Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/11/15/1/

The first release of selected voting rankings:

Favre, Barnett, and Woodson are leading their positions and are pretty much locks to make it.

Favre leads all vote getters. This is great and all. But look at everybody the Cowboys have. They truly are America's team and their fans fill up the ballots. They'll get like 10 or more and maybe 6 actually deserve it.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Brett Favre, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett and Greg Jennings are my predictions.

Comment

Driver is still on pace for 1000

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jim View Post
          Brett Favre, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett and Greg Jennings are my predictions.
          I don't see how Kampman could possibly be kept out.

Comment

Brett Favre - 2750 Yards 1st NFL

Greg Jennings - 20 Avg 1st NFL

Charles Woodson - 3 Interceptions 10th NFL

Nick Barnett - 75 Tackles 7th NFL

Aaron Kampman - 9 Sacks 2nd NFL

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila - 9 Sacks 2nd NFL

Comment

Favre is a 100% lock for the Pro Bowl with Romo.

Comment

Locks
                Favre
                Woodson
                Kampman
                Barnett

possible
                Driver
                Jennings
                Clifton
                Tauscher

outside chance
                Hawk
                Jenkins
                Pickett
                Harris

Comment

Driver has no chance. He's definitely our best receiver and is still having a good year, but the TDs aren't there. If Jennings keeps this up he probably should and will get in.

Comment

I screamed bloody murder when Al Harris didn't get the nod last year, especially when he was overlooked for Piece of Trash Disgustingly Wearing Deion Sanders' Number in Atlanta, but it looks like the injustice won't be repeated this year. As someone who regarded Harris as a Top 5 corner last year (and not everyone agreed), it's good to see he's getting more of the recognition he deserves now that Green Bay has a better record.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

well it looks like the 2 people who have the biggest chance of goin now is Hawk and Favre

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

i dont understand how Hawk is higher than Barnett...

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST

Comment

Originally posted by NickCollins36 View Post
                        well it looks like the 2 people who have the biggest chance of goin now is Hawk and Favre

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

i dont understand how Hawk is higher than Barnett...
                        Name recognition.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wow..talk about a bummer. AJ Hawk getting more votes than Barnett..

Comment

It could also be the residual memory fans have from last year when AJ led the team in tackles.

Barnett also seems to have a good grasp of the voting when he refers to himself as an a-hole. I also think MLB a little tougher competition than OLB this year.
                            The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

After the first voting was released midway through the season Barnett was number 1 at MLB I think. I think it went down because he hasn't had any big time interceptions lately, lol. I know Hawk is having an average season stats wise but he's asked to do so much the last couple months. 2/3's of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Woodson, Harris, and Hawk. It's also hard to get a lot of tackles at outside linebacker when we've been beating up so many teams. They can't run the ball when they are losing by double digits.

He's given up less catches: less opportunities to tackle those guys, teams are running it less: less tackles, in coverage all the time: less tackles, less blitzes: less sacks. Kampman's tackles are down too because of this

I can't say that I'm surprised at Hawk getting a lot of votes, I was actually a little surprised he didn't make it last year. Betters stats and he was the 5th pick overall.

Coaches and players see how good our defense is the more games we have played.

My predictions before throwing in the other 2/3's of the vote-

Locks: Favre, Woodson, Harris. (I know they only take 3 CB's, but Harris was in the top 10 NFL defensive votes and has been considered better inside the league that Woodson has).

Pretty sure they will, like 90% sure: Barnett, Hawk, Kampman, Clifton.

75% chance one of these will: Driver or Jennings. One of them might sneak in over these guys on worse teams: Roddy White, Plax Burress, Bobby Engram, Colston, Galloway. They take 4 WR's, Owens, Fitzgerald, and Holt are locks. Burress has 10 TD's. I think he will be the 4th, but he won't play because of injury.

50 % chance 1 of them: Pickett (not a stats guy but I guarantee you interior lineman hate going against him), Williams (not even on the fan ballot but I'm sure coaches and players know all about him.) Darnell Dockett will be in, Tommie Harris is in but really banged up, Kevin Williams will be in, that guy is awesome. 3 sacks 2 INT's both for TD's and 8 passes defensed. Un-be-liev-able. The only way one of them gets in is if Pat Williams isn't voted in or doesn't play.

25 % chance: Bigby (yeah yeah I know, but he's got a ton of tackles and flies around plus he has a catchy name, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (a name guy been there several times), Tauscher (if any right tackle deserves it it would be him), Donald Lee (he's got numbers that would make him a lock in a normal year for TE's)
                              Last edited by GB12; 12-14-2007, 07:28 PM.
                              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

0% chance for bigby

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information