No announcement yet.

Packers-Lions, Week 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Grant continues to convince me he's for real.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

ryan grant our savior =)
      finally a run game!
      YES!!! we hav a run game finally ladies and gentlemen

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST

Comment

Originally posted by NickCollins36 View Post
        ryan grant our savior =)
        finally a run game!
        YES!!! we hav a run game finally ladies and gentlemen
        kind of...the first half was awful

I think it will be on and off a lot

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

So...
          KGB
          Colin Cole
          Charles Woodson
          Johnny Jolly

All hurt going into next week?

I think KGB and Woodson will get back, not sure though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Dallas plays the best in the second half, so I hope the packs defense can play all 4 quarters. I know what they have been giving up lately has been garbage time points, but with dallas so strong in the second half im a little concerned with the packers 4th quarter play. Also, I thought that favre broke his jinx playing in dallas but I just heard that favre has never won over there.
            Last edited by Football Fan; 11-23-2007, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Football Fan View Post
              Dallas plays the best in the second half, so I hope the packs defense can play all 4 quarters. I know what they have been giving up lately has been garbage time points, but with dallas so strong in the second half im a little concerned with the packers 4th quarter play. Also, I thought that favre broke his jinx playing in dallas but I just heard that favre has never won over there.
              I think our performance in general in the fourth quarter the last few weeks is more a result of the lack of urgency, or really, care, due to the large leads.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

RT Mark Tauscher left with his sprained ankle. Tauscher said he actually felt better later in the game, but the big lead allowed them to get him some rest and play Tony Moll. He said he'll play against the Cowboys;
                DT Colin Cole left late with fractured left forearm. He's probably out for a while unless he can play in a lot of pain. He couldn't even put his shirt on all the way. He didn't look happy;
                WR Donald Driver has a right foot injury and was limping around pretty good in the locker room. He's in a lot of pain but says he's fine. He'll be there on Thursday;
                S Aaron Rouse left with a knee injury, not just to give Charlie Peprah. Not sure of Rouse's injury quite yet, but he looked fine in the locker room and was in good spirits;
                CB Charles Woodson (toe) was in the locker room. Here's what Woodson had to say after the game: "Its not broken, but it hurts, he said. "Its my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland. Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas;
                DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila was not in the locker room. We're waiting to hear on him.

From PackerChatters

Sounds like all of them will play except for Cole, who is likely out indefinitely. We need to get some healthy DTs for the playoffs or teams are going to run all over us. Also if KGB, Driver, Woodson all have to play with nagging injuries, we will lose a lot of playmakers.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post

How can he awful in the first half when he didnt even get a chance to get in the game? We barely ran the ball and he got 101 yards out of it. He had a great game. BTW does anybody here still think Rouse cannot cover?

Comment

I thought our pass coverage was great. Al shut down Roy Williams and the rest of the WRs didn't do much. Even with Woodson out we held one of the top passing offenses in check.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post

We had like 4 runs in the first half. He ended with 101 yards and a TD with a 6.7 average.

Comment

Some tidbits from the game:

On Greg Jennings' first TD, the offensive line was run-blocking, indicating Brett Favre checked out of a run play after seeing Detroit had 8 men in the box (the 8th man ran back into coverage a split second before the snap).

Jason Spitz made Ernie Sims look foolish with a perfect block (which Sims proceeded to rip out of incompletely the wrong direction) on Grant's TD run.

Daryn Colledge had a very nice block on Paris Lenon on Grant's 1st big run.

2 of Brett's TDs came in the 4-WR/1 back formation.

On Driver's 40 yard catch and run, Grant made a crucial block on #25, whose fallen body caused Ernie Sims to trip.

On Grant's 2nd big run, the Lions ran a stunt which the Packers picked up beautifully. Left TE Donald Lee blocked out on a blitzing LB, taking him out of the play (Lee blatantly held/tackled him, but it had no effect on the play). The RDE slanted left; Chad Clifton wisely did not try to block him, allowing for LG Daryn Colledge to pick him up very nicely and drive him to the right. Clifton proceeded to seal-block the left ILB (Paris Lenon?) which created a huge whole for Grant to run through. Shaun Rogers lined head up on Scott Wells, and also slanted to his left. Jason Spitz picked him up, and Wells came off onto the weakside ILB (Ernie Sims), which sprung Grant. RT Tony Moll stepped play side, eventually running into the guy Colledge was blocking. FB Korey Hall made a beautiful cut block on safety Kenoy Kennedy, who was trying to fill just outside Chad Clifton's left. Right WR Ruvell Martin ran towards the middle of the field and blocked nobody, thinking that because the play was designed off left tackle, he would be out of the play. After Grant cut across field and ran past him, he tried to redeem himself by making a blind side block on #42, who sidestepped him, causing Martin to tumble to the sideline turf, unable to control himself after bursting into the air.

Comment

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...711240446/1989

Posted November 24, 2007
                          In the fourth quarter, needing one more score to thwart Detroit's comeback bid, Ryan Grant broke loose on a 27-yard run that got the Packers in field-goal position. The call and the execution fullback Korey Hall knocking down his man, center Scott Wells passing up the nose tackle to block the linebacker, left tackle Chad Clifton stopping the blitzing linebacker instead of the end were perfect.

Tom Pelissero must have been surfing the NFLDC forums last night...

Comment

I really hope McCarthy gives most of the injured players the full week off to recover. This is going to be the biggest game of the year for the Packers, and they need as many of their players as possible. McCarthy can sit most of the injured for the Raiders game. We could probably beat the Raiders with the practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                              I really hope McCarthy gives most of the injured players the full week off to recover. This is going to be the biggest game of the year for the Packers, and they need as many of their players as possible. McCarthy can sit most of the injured for the Raiders game. We could probably beat the Raiders with the practice squad.
                              I hope Russell plays in that game. I want to see him on the field this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information