Packers-Cowboys, Week 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
    Not gonna lie, getting really excited for this one!
    I started a countdown on my facebook for it..........I don't know the last time I was so pumped for a game; every week is great but this almost feels like playoff time has arrived and it's only Week 13

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Good luck tomorrow guys...

Thursday Night Football! WOO!!!!!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Todays prediction: Packers 34 Dallas 27.
        Admittedly, im a little nervous. Despite the running game I think the packers are a little better team in some key areas and I think Favre, with his game experience and playing at what might be his highest level will be enough to win this game.
        GO PACK. 11-1 BABY!
        Last edited by Football Fan; 11-29-2007, 09:14 AM.

Comment

some random thoughts

-i'm very excited. i FINALLY got an HD box for the tv i've had for a year and a half. combo of me being too lazy to call and them being out of the equipment when i did call..but, it got hooked up yesterday, so my first home HD experience will be the game.

-i've really enjoyed all the hype for this game...it's just great to turn on sportscenter and know that half the program will be devoted to something i really care about.

-just a perfect mindset too. it's not a must win. the Packers are underdogs, so, expectations are low. just a highly hyped game where i can enjoy it and not stress too much about the outcome.

-regarding the implications...i've had some thoughts...i may get flamed for this...and i may deserve it....but a lot has been made about visiting teams being at a huge disadvantage coming to lambeau in january. But, for all Favre has done this year, i fear that in his old age, he may be more affected by a game in extreme conditions than the opposition. i know he's been Mr. Bad Weather for his whole career, but it's just something i've thought of. also, bad weather = relying on a ground game...and while the Packers have made strides in this department, i can't help think that any situation that would require a ground game would automatically favor the opposition. so, my point is; while home field advantage would obviously be great to have...not having it may not be the worst thing in the world.

-i think the player that could win or lose this game is Al Harris. by all accounts he'll be locked up with TO tonight. if he does the job, he will have done something that very few CBs have done this year, and the Cowboys entire offense will struggle. i would very much be willing to forgive a few illegal contact penalties in exchange for not getting burned deep. he should just play his ultra physical game and live with the consequences.

-as far as the offense, i would expect this game to NOT be one to worry about establishing a run game. spread 'em out, enjoy the fast field and work the 'Boys thin secondary early and often.

-my prediction: one way or another, this game won't be close. If the Packer's defense comes to play and gets pressure on Romo and makes plays when the opportunity is there, the Packers win. If Favre makes mistakes or the defense falls flat, the Cowboys win.

Comment

i really like msnbc's sports coverage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22010877...pt_NFL_matchup

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
              -regarding the implications...i've had some thoughts...i may get flamed for this...and i may deserve it....but a lot has been made about visiting teams being at a huge disadvantage coming to lambeau in january. But, for all Favre has done this year, i fear that in his old age, he may be more affected by a game in extreme conditions than the opposition. i know he's been Mr. Bad Weather for his whole career, but it's just something i've thought of. also, bad weather = relying on a ground game...and while the Packers have made strides in this department, i can't help think that any situation that would require a ground game would automatically favor the opposition. so, my point is; while home field advantage would obviously be great to have...not having it may not be the worst thing in the world.
              I've been thinking exactly the same for some time now. Grant needs to keep it up or this team won't be impressive in the playoffs.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

37-24 cowboys. Ink it.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  I've been thinking exactly the same for some time now. Grant needs to keep it up or this team won't be impressive in the playoffs.
                  You are right. I like how people still not giving him props for what hes done so far. The guy gets better every game and we get to discover a new aspect of his game each time.

Comment

Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
                      i'll take the under on both....i could see the packers running early, just enough to set up play action for the rest of the game...but, this isn't the game to pound the ball on the ground.

Comment

Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
                        I'll also take under for both of these. I really think we'll be trying to develop the pass more and keep it spread out like we have been in the past few weeks with our 5 WR sets.

Comment

I think Grant will get over 100 yards when you consider the yards he'll get from passes. I also think the Packers will put up 4 TDs and at least 1 of those TDs will be from Grant.

Comment

If Woodson, Tauscher, KGB can all play...we can and I think will win. Without them, the game might be a complete different story. On First Take today Skip Bayless was saying on an even playing field (fully healthy) he thinks the Packers are just above the Cowboys. But because of injuries...he thinks the Cowboys will squeak it out. I am a CRAZY Packer fan, but I don't disagree with his comments. Either way I can't wait. GO PACK!

Comment

Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
                              Under for yards, push on the 1 TD. I think he'll get relatively close to 100 but not break it.

Comment

looks like, according to packernews.com, woodson, kgb and taucher will all play. good news, but i really hope we can stay healthy going into the 10 day break before the stretch run.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information