Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From this years team, who do you all think will not be on the 53 man roster next year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From this years team, who do you all think will not be on the 53 man roster next year

The team needs to make room for next years draft picks, so who will be cut or traded?
    A couple off the top of my head would be Bush and Morency.
    Last edited by Football Fan; 12-24-2007, 09:03 AM.

Jarrett Bush
    Frank Walker
    Bubba Franks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Bush
      Corey Williams(i dont think we will resign him)
      Morency

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST

Comment

Bush and Franks. A birdie tells me that w/ Grant Jackson is not going to be around too long either.
        Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

I think the most turnover will occur in the defensive backfield. I think TT might bring back Walker but Bush is probably the first to go, he just got owned in the Dallas game.

Franks too
          Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

Jarrett Bush
            Frank Walker
            Ryan Krause
            Conrad Bolston
            Carlyle Holiday
            Noah Herron
            Tyrone Culver
            Tony Palmer
            Tyson Walter
            Tory Humphrey
            Corey Williams

As much as I want Williams to stay, I don't think it's going to happen. What I would like to see Ted do is franchise him. I think for a DT it's going to be like 7 million. Then see if we can trade him. It'd be nice to at least get something in return for him. If we can't then keep him on the franchise tag contract for the 2008 season and then let him walk. Hell even if we don't try to trade him tagging him could work out great. We get him with out any ties to future salary and won't lose a piece to our team that got us into this great position. We could increase the reps for Harrell while still not starting him. Then by 2009 Harrell should be ready and we'll be fine without Williams.

Comment

Isn't it really hard to trade a franchise tagged player?

Interesting that you all think Bush will be gone, the coaches thought enough of him to make him our starting nickel CB. I agree though, I think he is terrible, and I want either a first round pick or free agent playing nickel next year.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

bush will be gone :D
                god i hope so
                btw is Koren Robinson a free agent this year?
                if he is i think he will get a good offer to play somewhere else
                id like to have him back though :)

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST

Comment

Originally posted by NickCollins36 View Post
                  bush will be gone :D
                  god i hope so
                  btw is Koren Robinson a free agent this year?
                  if he is i think he will get a good offer to play somewhere else
                  id like to have him back though :)
                  Robinson will be back. He basically confirmed it himself.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Whats going to happen with the RB situation?

-Grant
                    -Jackson
                    -Morency
                    -Wynn
                    -Herron

Grant is our guy, period. I have no idea how the rest of the bunch shakes out. Does Brandon Jackson get 1 more year considering he was a 2nd round pick? Do we place low round tenders on Morency or Herron? Wynn was somewhat productive, but is he really more talented than others and better suited for the ZBS?

Comment

Originally posted by cordscords View Post
                      Whats going to happen with the RB situation?

-Grant
                      -Jackson
                      -Morency
                      -Wynn
                      -Herron

Grant is our guy, period. I have no idea how the rest of the bunch shakes out. Does Brandon Jackson get 1 more year considering he was a 2nd round pick? Do we place low round tenders on Morency or Herron? Wynn was somewhat productive, but is he really more talented than others and better suited for the ZBS?
                      It's way, way too early to dump Jackson, imo. You at least give him next training camp/preseason to show up.

I had high hopes for Morency but he's never lived up to them.. that said he seems to be someone Favre likes to throw to when he's in so I'd expect us to keep him.

I think you dump Herron and put Wynn in the same basket as Jackson.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                        It's way, way too early to dump Jackson, imo. You at least give him next training camp/preseason to show up.

I had high hopes for Morency but he's never lived up to them.. that said he seems to be someone Favre likes to throw to when he's in so I'd expect us to keep him.

I think you dump Herron and put Wynn in the same basket as Jackson.
                        You see that Morency has the tools to be a good 3rd down back. He has moves great hands and he blocks well. I think he deserves more carries. The playoffs will define what we'll do with him.

Comment

# |Name |Pos|Ht | Wt |DOB |Year| College
                          -----------------------------------------
                          19 Bodiford, Shaun WR 5'11" 186 5/4/1982 2 Portland State
                          93 Bolston, Conrad DT 6'4" 300 1/9/1985 0 Maryland
                          24 Bush, Jarrett CB 6'0" 197 5/21/1984 2 Utah State
                          29 Culver, Tyrone* DB 6'1" 200 7/6/1983 2 Fresno State
                          23 Herron, Noah* RB 5'11" 218 4/3/1982 3 Northwestern
                          18 Holiday, Carlyle*WR 6'2" 217 10/4/1981 2 Notre Dame
                          84 Humphrey, Tory*TE 6'2" 250 1/20/1983 2 Central Michigan
                          87 Krause, Ryan TE 6'3" 256 6/16/1981 4 Nebraska-Omaha
                          95 Muir, Daniel DT 6'2" 298 9/12/1983 0 Kent State
                          16 Nall, Craig QB 6'3" 245 4/21/1979 6 NWSL
                          64 Palmer, Tony* G 6'2" 311 2/23/1983 2 Missouri
                          26 Peprah, Charlie DB 5'11" 202 2/24/1983 2 Alabama
                          39 Powdrell, Ryan* RB 5'11" 254 12/20/1983 0 USC
                          41 Walker, Frank DB 5'11" 196 8/6/1981 5 Tuskegee
                          70 Walter, Tyson* T 6'4" 300 3/17/1978 6 Ohio State

This list mainly gets rid of the UDFA types and the injured guys. A couple of them might stay, like Frank Walker and Daniel Muir. If TT drafts another 9 or 10 guys and brings in a free agent or two, then some people are going to get cut and I am thinking it is guys you don't see a lot or haven't been able to get on the field.
                          The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

it's very refreshing after the last 4 years to see that nobody even mentioned Brett Favre yet.

Comment

I don't expect to see Wynn make the roster next year. I was very surprised that he made it this season after he had a pretty bad preseason. Grant and Jackson will make the roster and Morency probably will as well. I think we'll probably draft a running back at some point.

I would expect...

Grant
                              Jackson
                              Morency
                              Draft Pick

Cut

Wynn
                              Heron

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Working...
                              X