Packers-Seahawks, Playoff Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boston View Post
    Is he ever right in his predictions with the Packers?
    Marquand Manual.

It is really quite odd. He is very knowledgeable, and his predictions are usually pretty good, but when it is about the Packers he lets his homerism get in the way.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
      Is he ever right in his predictions with the Packers?
      The day after the packer game I went back and read the divisional playoff thread and kinda got a kick out of these comments from him:

"They are respecting Green Bay's running game way too much."
      "Nice juke by Jennings. They're still respecting the run way too much."
      "Haha...normally I would but I hate the Seahawks too, they play girly football.
      That said, my eyes light up with joy everytime Favre throws a pick."
      "I love cold weather games, unforunately teams don't know how to man up and run the ball anymore, which is why they look so terrible.
      ""Originally Posted by neko4
      Green Bay still plays man2man" BF51 responded:
      "Yeah but they run the ball like girly-men. They're offense is essentially dink and dunk just like the Seahawks. The WCO is usually effective but it's terrible to watch IMO."
      "Brett Favre can't start forcing things
      Translation: Brett Favre will probably force things."
      Said after grants 2nd fumble:
      "Probably a good idea to not change your opinion of a player based on one play.

EDIT: Check that, he sucks. Hahahaha.."

Some of this might appear to be out of context, so feel free and read it for yourself. Also this was written before Grant exploded for 200 yards.

Also dont get me wrong, I dont mind the guy. Im ok with someone wanting their division rival to screw up, as long as he tries to be realistic in his criticism and he does try to be.
      I just find these comments kinda humorous after I saw the outcome of the game.

To be fair I will put down a few good things he wrote:

"Ok I'm really impressed by Greg Jennings today."
      "Packers need to go for the jugular here."
      "Damn Atari can lay the wood."

Again im not trying to call him out, anyone can go back and find past comments someone posted that look silly after the fact. I just like how the whole game changed after 8 minutes in the packers favor and a bear fan eager for the packers failure had eventually fallen silent.
      Last edited by Football Fan; 01-15-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Football Fan View Post

That one was a joke.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Football Fan View Post
          The day after the packer game I went back and read the divisional playoff thread and kinda got a kick out of these comments from him:

"They are respecting Green Bay's running game way too much."
          "Nice juke by Jennings. They're still respecting the run way too much."
          "Haha...normally I would but I hate the Seahawks too, they play girly football.
          That said, my eyes light up with joy everytime Favre throws a pick."
          "I love cold weather games, unforunately teams don't know how to man up and run the ball anymore, which is why they look so terrible.
          ""Originally Posted by neko4
          Green Bay still plays man2man" BF51 responded:
          "Yeah but they run the ball like girly-men. They're offense is essentially dink and dunk just like the Seahawks. The WCO is usually effective but it's terrible to watch IMO."
          "Brett Favre can't start forcing things
          Translation: Brett Favre will probably force things."

Some of this might appear to be out of context, so feel free and read it for yourself. Also this was written before Grant exploded for 200 yards.

Also dont get me wrong, I dont mind the guy. Im ok with someone wanting their division rival to screw up, as long as he tries to be realistic in his criticism and he does try to be.
          I just find these comments kinda humorous after I saw the outcome of the game.

To be fair I will put down a few good things he wrote:

"Ok I'm really impressed by Greg Jennings today."
          "Packers need to go for the jugular here."
          "Damn Atari can lay the wood."

Again im not trying to call him out, anyone can go back and find past comments someone posted that look silly after the fact. I just like how the whole game changed after 8 minutes in the packers favor and a bear fan eager for the packers failure had eventually fallen silent.

this seems a bit stalkish no?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            this seems a bit stalkish no?
            Actually bf51 has been commenting on the packers and the nfc north since ive been on this site and likely longer. The guy has his own appreciation thread for the nfc north, because everyone particularly in the north is very familiar with him. I know that over the last couple years I have had several agreements or dissagreements with him. So when he writes something involving the nfc north I usually read it if I come across it and sometimes comment on it.
            You on the other hand seem to be displaying some stalker issues, concidering the last (and probably only) time I talked to you I called out cowboy fans like yourself that would embrace another dirtbag like pacman on your team and compared him to michael Irvin whom you defended. In fact here is the thread which got locked out before I could respond to you.
            http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...t=17198&page=2
            Me:
            "A guy like pacman on the cowboys would be fitting, simiar to a scumbag like Irvin. Sickening how a team that embraces scumbags some way conciders itself "americas team".
            You:
            "thats funny, could you please compare how irvin was a scumbag during his tenure with the team the way pacman has for the titans?"
            Me:"You must be young or have a short memory. Maybe I will list some of Irvins history later, but Im going to work now".
            You:
            "riiiight...you cant even compare the two in terms of the type of trouble pacman has gotten into, he is in a class of his own first off...No one has ever been in trouble consistently the way he has and stayed in the league for as long as Irvin did"

I have no problem comparing the 2 of them, here you go:
            Sexual assault charges, slicing a teamates neck in a dormroom fight and various drug charges.

So yeah I say Irvin is as big a scumbag as pacman.
            Here sift through this and enjoy one negative story after another about irvin and his troubles with the law and the PR headache he was for the team.
            http://www.texnews.com/1998/2000/cowboys/randy0811.html
            http://www.texnews.com/cowboyscamp/index00.html
            http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/123196/williams.htm
            http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...7/cowboys.html
            Just dont blame me for his his legal history, Im just telling you irvin was a big scumbag much like pacman and if a team wants to designate itself americas team they shouldnt have garbage like this on there roster.
            Last edited by Football Fan; 01-28-2008, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information