NFC Championship, Packers v. Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm completely with drowe.

Things would be easier if I had just been a Giant fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
      No. The Patriots undefeated run will end at our hands in the Superbowl and Favre will retire having won his 2nd superbowl and ended the greatest single season in history.

Btw, we're going to smoke the Giants.
      Still waiting for this tool to show up after what he posted prior to this game...This is why you just keep your mouth shut. I had the Pack winning as well but overconfidence and stupidity like this is what makes me scratch my head.

I'm sure 99% of the Packer fans on here had them winning, but at least they kept things quiet. The Giants were playing good ball going into the playoffs, they knocked off two teams on the road, and you were their next victim. Not much you can do about a hot team. Green Bay wasn't playing that great going into the playoffs, despite blowing out Seattle I thought they had to step their game up.

And really, the Giants should've had this game in regulation if Tynes can make a FG, if Plaxico can catch a pass down to the 1 yard line, and if Eli's recievers could hang onto the ball. I don't know what lies ahead for you guys next year but if you want a SB run, Favre has to come back.

You have to say the Pack are the favorites in the North agian, then I'd go Minnesota, then Chicago, then Detroit.

We have too many question marks (again) going into next year for me to rank us #2. I think if we stay healthy we could do some things, but on the other hand if we don't address our OL and Secondary, things could be a lot of the same as this year. The division is up for grabs again as I wouldn't put money down on Green Bay to win it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
        yeah it sucks and i took my anger out on my liver last night, but i'm pretty much over it now and just trying to pay attention to the senior bowl stuff and look forward to another great offseason hopefully.
        haha thats pretty much how i drowned my sorrows too. I've been avoiding ESPN as much as i could today. But life goes on and Ill get over it someday.... I hope

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          Still waiting for this tool to show up after what he posted prior to this game...This is why you just keep your mouth shut. I had the Pack winning as well but overconfidence and stupidity like this is what makes me scratch my head.

I'm sure 99% of the Packer fans on here had them winning, but at least they kept things quiet. The Giants were playing good ball going into the playoffs, they knocked off two teams on the road, and you were their next victim. Not much you can do about a hot team. Green Bay wasn't playing that great going into the playoffs, despite blowing out Seattle I thought they had to step their game up.

And really, the Giants should've had this game in regulation if Tynes can make a FG, if Plaxico can catch a pass down to the 1 yard line, and if Eli's recievers could hang onto the ball. I don't know what lies ahead for you guys next year but if you want a SB run, Favre has to come back.

You have to say the Pack are the favorites in the North agian, then I'd go Minnesota, then Chicago, then Detroit.

We have too many question marks (again) going into next year for me to rank us #2. I think if we stay healthy we could do some things, but on the other hand if we don't address our OL and Secondary, things could be a lot of the same as this year. The division is up for grabs again as I wouldn't put money down on Green Bay to win it.

Great Post. All the GB fans might have thought they would win, but kept it classy, but that fool went on basically saying we had no shot. I stayed calm and laughed as he posted, but thats why you keep your trap shut as a fan because any given sunday a team can beat another team. Miami got 1 win, and so you never know in this sport what team will win. But good post!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but you're being too hard on Favre.

Yes he has a tendancy to make terrible decisions at the wrong moment. Yes he has been less than inspiring in the playoffs for the last few years.

Yes he probably has too much controll over the coaching staff, and that leads him sometimes to make decisions or do things on his own accord that he probably shouldn't.

That said, you probably aren't even in the playoffs this year without Favre. Grant is a better runningback because of Favre. Jennings is a better WR because of Favre. Hell, Jones and Lee probably don't even exist without Favre. The offensive line is better because Favre knows how to get rid of the ball. Your offense is Favre.

As long as you are a Superbowl contendor (and there's no reason to think that you won't have a shot next year) you should get on your lil' hands and knees and hope that he wants to come back next year and give it another try.
            I so dont agree with what you said. The offense is not just favre and we've seen it when he got injured against Dallas, we saw the offense come to life under Rodgers. I think you give him too much credit and this is coming from one of his biggest fans. In this offense, there is so many playmakers, Favre doesnt need to try to win on his own. The playcalling lost the game period. Much like the Dallas game, Favre got impatient and tried to do too much. I also dont understand why we didnt play more zone against Eli. We made it too easy for him. Eli struggles when he has to think too much and with so much man to man, he didnt have to think at all.

However i have to hand it to the Giants, they deserved that game and it would have been highway robbery had we came out on top.
            Last edited by Favre4ever; 01-22-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• i think ya have to look deeper than the stats on this one. the whole offense was flat. ryan grant couldn't do anything, but he didn't have much to work with. favre played like crap in the 2nd half, but the WRs weren't doing him any favors. yeah, we're supposed to have playmakers...but for the last 30 minutes of sunday's game, NONE of 'em showed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
                i think ya have to look deeper than the stats on this one. the whole offense was flat. ryan grant couldn't do anything, but he didn't have much to work with. favre played like crap in the 2nd half, but the WRs weren't doing him any favors. yeah, we're supposed to have playmakers...but for the last 30 minutes of sunday's game, NONE of 'em showed up.
                They werent put in positions to make a play. In a 2nd half i didnt see the short passing Green Bay team, i kept seeing the good old Brett Favre trying to do too much. Where was the dink and dunk we talked about so much? Nowhere. Not even an attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Favre4ever View Post
                  They werent put in positions to make a play. In a 2nd half i didnt see the short passing Green Bay team, i kept seeing the good old Brett Favre trying to do too much. Where was the dink and dunk we talked about so much? Nowhere. Not even an attempt.
                  well, we did try a bunch of little screens that didnt work at all....
                  JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• The HC did not have a good game. There was no commitment to the run game. The screens were not well drawn up, like the terrible one in which Grant runs ten yards behind the line of scrimmage to get the ball before moving forward. The one good screen to Grant was blown up my the Giants' MLB and poor screen blocking. That guy saved 25 yards minimum on that play. Terrible all the way around against a Giants club that was solid with their defense and methodical with their offense. I felt like I was watching Giants-Buffalo SuperBowl to some degree, though Buffalo played better than the Packers did that game.
                    The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but you're being too hard on Favre.

Yes he has a tendancy to make terrible decisions at the wrong moment. Yes he has been less than inspiring in the playoffs for the last few years.

Yes he probably has too much controll over the coaching staff, and that leads him sometimes to make decisions or do things on his own accord that he probably shouldn't.

That said, you probably aren't even in the playoffs this year without Favre. Grant is a better runningback because of Favre. Jennings is a better WR because of Favre. Hell, Jones and Lee probably don't even exist without Favre. The offensive line is better because Favre knows how to get rid of the ball. Your offense is Favre.

As long as you are a Superbowl contendor (and there's no reason to think that you won't have a shot next year) you should get on your lil' hands and knees and hope that he wants to come back next year and give it another try.
                      QFT.

Imagine what the Bears and Packers would be like if they switched QBs... ((shudder))
                      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by johbur View Post
                        The HC did not have a good game. There was no commitment to the run game. The screens were not well drawn up, like the terrible one in which Grant runs ten yards behind the line of scrimmage to get the ball before moving forward. The one good screen to Grant was blown up my the Giants' MLB and poor screen blocking. That guy saved 25 yards minimum on that play. Terrible all the way around against a Giants club that was solid with their defense and methodical with their offense. I felt like I was watching Giants-Buffalo SuperBowl to some degree, though Buffalo played better than the Packers did that game.
                        Funny you say that. Coughlin was the WRs coach on that staff that year. That's pretty mcuh giants football, dominate TOP. In fact that's how we will probably approach this game as well. But Bill B, was our DC that year also, so thats going to be interesting. But yeah thats what I actually thought when i saw the TOP from this past game.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information