NFC Championship, Packers v. Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boston View Post
    The only way I can realistically see the Giants winning this game would be if the Packers were to get caught up in themselves, which I don't see happening with McCarthy.
    Eh, we heard that this past game all week. Big sports radio show, mike and the mad dog saying we need to keep dallas under 30 points to have a shot, and thats very unlikely. No one gave a us a shot this week, so at this point we have to assume the same. Just keep working hard and come with a good gameplan and try to win.

Comment

good luck Green Bay.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        Eh, we heard that this past game all week. Big sports radio show, mike and the mad dog saying we need to keep dallas under 30 points to have a shot, and thats very unlikely. No one gave a us a shot this week, so at this point we have to assume the same. Just keep working hard and come with a good gameplan and try to win.
        Dallas has been struggling for a while. Most of the media I heard actually had picked the Giants to win or at least play a really close one.

The Packers, unfortunately for the Giants, have NOT been struggling as of late but rather steamrolling teams.

And honestly.. Eli Manning in the freezing cold in Lambeau for the NFC Championship game against a vicious, unrelenting D? 'cuz you're not going to run on us when your best receiving threat is a 33 year old Amani Toomer. Plaxico is completely gimp, I can't believe they actually had him starting against Dallas.. and it's not an injury that's going to heal magically during the playoffs. Our two corners are going to beat the heck out of those two while Bigby runs around smacking people, our DLine clamps down and our unheralded yet terrific linebacking corp. keeps your TE and running backs plastered to the turf.

Combine that with an offense that is going to put points on you guys.. gunna be an ugly game.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          Dallas has been struggling for a while. Most of the media I heard actually had picked the Giants to win or at least play a really close one.

The Packers, unfortunately for the Giants, have NOT been struggling as of late but rather steamrolling teams.

And honestly.. Eli Manning in the freezing cold in Lambeau for the NFC Championship game against a vicious, unrelenting D? 'cuz you're not going to run on us when your best receiving threat is a 33 year old Amani Toomer. Plaxico is completely gimp, I can't believe they actually had him starting against Dallas.. and it's not an injury that's going to heal magically during the playoffs. Our two corners are going to beat the heck out of those two while Bigby runs around smacking people, our DLine clamps down and our unheralded yet terrific linebacking corp. keeps your TE and running backs plastered to the turf.

Combine that with an offense that is going to put points on you guys.. gunna be an ugly game.
          Lets not dig ourselves too big of a hole in this one. Yes, we are favored in this game and I like our chances but anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

We will see. That's why we play the game. If it went by paper we would have lost to the bucs, and their so amazing defense which was touted better than ours. No more Kiwi to high/low, so it will be interesting to see what happens, and I will takt Toomer any day. The is a warrior and actually one vet who isn't a prick like Tiki was/is. But at this point being an underdog is no big deal. So you're another person who thinks this will be an ugly game. Ah well means nothing at this point, because I'd rather not be favored. Something about being counted out is actually.... fun.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              Guys that didn't play that week2 but will play this week:

Greg Jennings
              Ryan Grant
              Brandon Jacobs

Guys that played week 2 but won't play next week:

Jeremy Shockey
              Johnny Jolly
              Colin Cole

I think that definitely is in our favor.
              Did Bradshaw play in week 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                I don't remember him playing. He was a still learning being a rookie and all. But I could be wrong. He started to get reps in the Bills game before we played the Pats. And had his break out game there.

Comment

I cant wait for this game any longer!!!!!!! ah crap its still about 6 1/2 days away. Im gonna go nuts.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Giants have the league's best pass rush, so it will be yet another challenge for the Packers line, which pwned Seattle. Brandon Jacobs is so different from other Rbs with his combination of size and speed. I am a huge Ryan Grant fan, but he was the 4th RB in the rotation coming out of TC for the Giants, which means they have three really good RBs. The Giants started building momentum in their loss to the Patriots and it is carrying on through the playoffs.

The Packers defense has been solid and physical. The WRs are very good as a group and get a lot of yards after the catch. The offensive line dominated a very good Seattle defense that

I believe the keys will be the weather, and the worse it is, the better for the Packers, and the QB play. Manning can have terrible games and Favre can have terrible games, and if one has a terrible game and the other doesn't, the other team wins. If they both play well, the Packers are at home and have shown through the season they are solid at home, and I believe the Packers have the edge.
                    The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                      Derrick Ward

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
                        Giants have the league's best pass rush, so it will be yet another challenge for the Packers line, which pwned Seattle. Brandon Jacobs is so different from other Rbs with his combination of size and speed. I am a huge Ryan Grant fan, but he was the 4th RB in the rotation coming out of TC for the Giants, which means they have three really good RBs. The Giants started building momentum in their loss to the Patriots and it is carrying on through the playoffs.

The Packers defense has been solid and physical. The WRs are very good as a group and get a lot of yards after the catch. The offensive line dominated a very good Seattle defense that

I believe the keys will be the weather, and the worse it is, the better for the Packers, and the QB play. Manning can have terrible games and Favre can have terrible games, and if one has a terrible game and the other doesn't, the other team wins. If they both play well, the Packers are at home and have shown through the season they are solid at home, and I believe the Packers have the edge.
                        You make a good point about Brandon Jacobs, he's a very physical runner and he wears out defensive lines. Mix in Ahmad Bradshaw and the Giants run game is very dynamic. With Colin Cole and John Jolly both being out it will be alot tougher for our d-line to shut down the run the whole game. That being said our run stopping has been great all year and we've stopped better RB's than Jacobs and Bradshaw but those two seem to have really taking there games to another level since the Buffalo game right before christmas. If we are able to keep both RB's under a combined 120 yards i'd say it will be a success.

stephenson86

Comment

Like others have said before, don't get too cocky about this game. The Giants are a dangerous team, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are able to beat us. Favre should have a good day against that secondary, but that pass rush scares me. If they can replicate what the Cowboys did, it could be a very very long day. This is a very hot Giants team with a ton of momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                            Like others have said before, don't get too cocky about this game. The Giants are a dangerous team, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are able to beat us. Favre should have a good day against that secondary, but that pass rush scares me. If they can replicate what the Cowboys did, it could be a very very long day. This is a very hot Giants team with a ton of momentum.
                            And the Packers arent just as hot? What about that great pass rush of Seattle that got absolutly destroyed by us??

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                              The Giants are just loaded with RB's its not even funny...when you think that in the begining of the year they had Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw and Grant! Thats not even fair. They cant be blamed for letting Grant go when you understand the situation.

If the Giants want to win this game, two things need to happen.
                              -They have to establish the run game
                              -They need to have constant pressure

if those 2 things dont happen it could be a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by Favre4ever View Post
                                The Giants are just loaded with RB's its not even funny...when you think that in the begining of the year they had Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw and Grant! Thats not even fair. They cant be blamed for letting Grant go when you understand the situation.

If the Giants want to win this game, two things need to happen.
                                -They have to establish the run game
                                -They need to have constant pressure

if those 2 things dont happen it could be a blowout.
                                Exactly, those are the two things that will make this a close game if they play well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information