No announcement yet.

NFC Championship, Packers v. Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some players are just suited for certain systems. Brandon Jacobs probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in Green Bay while Ryan Grant probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in NY. That's just the way the NFL works.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
      Some players are just suited for certain systems. Brandon Jacobs probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in Green Bay while Ryan Grant probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in NY. That's just the way the NFL works.

Yeah we can't run zone with Jacobs. We run power and center as our bread and butter plays. Running zone with Jacobs won't work, but works very well with Bradshaw. Bradshaw, Ward, and Grant all have similar styles, so we kept 2, of those, Ward, and Bradshaw, and have another power back in Droughns. We obviously liked Grant because we kept him so long, but it was a business move due to how many backs we had.

Comment

most ZBS style running backs need to be able to do the cutback. thats why Grant has done so well, and the rest of ours have not. but do i have to say, Jacobs is a man child. that guy is huge.

Comment

i just wanted to stop by and wish you guys some luck! ive been rooting for you guys all year. theres nothing id love more than for favre to win super bowl mvp and ride off into the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
            most ZBS style running backs need to be able to do the cutback. thats why Grant has done so well, and the rest of ours have not. but do i have to say, Jacobs is a man child. that guy is huge.
            Yeah well we saw potential in him. He did avg well in terms of yards per carry when he got reps behind Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown at Auburn. Then he transfered, and got lost in main stream college football. But at 6-4 265, he is a very big load. That's why we don't run zone with him.

Comment

he went to SIU. the funny thing is he is so fast for his size. only if he could stay healthy. i believe that he is the real reason why we have to fear the Gmen. because when we played you guys, he was hurt. and now your defense is clicking. i am starting to believe that this team will not be the cake walk we all thought it was going to be. we have a real reason to be scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                Only thing I take solice in, is the fact we know Grant very well. We scouted him, signed him, and he was with us for a while. So we know his strengths and weaknesses. So it will be interesting to see this game because these two teams are totally different than week 2 when we played last.
                I don't really think that means anything, because now a days, everyone scouts everyone and for a RB it more depends on his O-line.

I also don't want this team to get cocky, They still have one more game to go but as many have already stated, this team rarely gets full of themselves with McCarthy at the helm. McCarthy devised an amazing gameplan for the SEA game I expect him to come through again.

Yes Eli has been great, but this will be something he hasn't seen before, cold, it will be dark, truely an enviroment that will be more hostle then this past week at Dallas.

I don't know what to expect, i didn't think GB would own the Seahawks like they did, i expect a win, but it's not gonna be a cake walk.

BTW, Replay of GB Vs Den superbowl on NFL network on right now
                Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

what burb are you from? im in the northern burbs

Comment

Originally posted by RockJock07 View Post
                    I don't really think that means anything, because now a days, everyone scouts everyone and for a RB it more depends on his O-line.

I also don't want this team to get cocky, They still have one more game to go but as many have already stated, this team rarely gets full of themselves with McCarthy at the helm. McCarthy devised an amazing gameplan for the SEA game I expect him to come through again.

Yes Eli has been great, but this will be something he hasn't seen before, cold, it will be dark, truely an enviroment that will be more hostle then this past week at Dallas.

I don't know what to expect, i didn't think GB would own the Seahawks like they did, i expect a win, but it's not gonna be a cake walk.

BTW, Replay of GB Vs Den superbowl on NFL network on right now
                    Yeah don't have NFL network anymore. I think in a way it does matter, and I am speaking from experience, as a coach. You see someone running the scout team for a long time you get adjusted to their style of running. Yeah the system changes, as it did for Grant, but i am just saying we know Grant, which is good because if he wasn't a good player we would not have kept him so long. I know i created a cool pic of Grant on an xbox cover a while back when we signed him first time. I like him alot.

Eli's seen it all from going back to SD in a hostile crowd, to Eagles to skins, to Dallas, so at this point it's not a mystery. We just got to go and play hard and try our best. It's like we are U of Hawaii going into GB. But I do like the story line of two successful franchises playing. Something about that comforts me win or lose. I would rather see a franchise like one of ours go to the superbowl than a newbie team who hasn't won a superbowl. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
                      he went to SIU. the funny thing is he is so fast for his size. only if he could stay healthy. i believe that he is the real reason why we have to fear the Gmen. because when we played you guys, he was hurt. and now your defense is clicking. i am starting to believe that this team will not be the cake walk we all thought it was going to be. we have a real reason to be scared.
                      Yeah, he went to SIU and did well there. Yeah when you guys played us we were already hurting. We had alot of injuries from the cowboys game opening night. I have to give you guys the edge though, but who knows what will happpen on the field. If we went by paper we would have been knocked out by TB.

Comment

yea but thats why it is on paper. you guys are a really hot team right now. and that makes you dangerous.

Comment

Yeah, he went to SIU and did well there. Yeah when you guys played us we were already hurting. We had alot of injuries from the cowboys game opening night. I have to give you guys the edge though, but who knows what will happpen on the field. If we went by paper we would have been knocked out by TB.
                          I just don't see the Packers getting upset. Not while Favre is playing lights out like he has been since the Cowboy game(disregard the Bears game in 875785874548 mph winds.)
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Only thing I take solice in, is the fact we know Grant very well. We scouted him, signed him, and he was with us for a while. So we know his strengths and weaknesses. So it will be interesting to see this game because these two teams are totally different than week 2 when we played last.
                            And Mike Holmgren knows Brett Favre better than anyone...

Comment

he does have a good point there, Holmgren does know Favre about as well as anyone in the league.

Comment

I'm not very worried about players getting overconfident. McCarthy has done a great job keeping them in check this season.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information