NFC Championship, Packers v. Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    not just fire up, but add more fuel to the fire. Bulletin board material, which is something Kampman and Popinga just handed to us. Of course they're fired up, but you never wanna give the other team bulletin board stuff calling them dirty. That's just dumb
    Wow. I see your bulletin board material, and I raise you Shaun O'Hara...

“I’m not really sure off the top of my head what the reference is, but if there’s no flag, there is no foul,” O’Hara said.

When told Kampman said he received a blow to the head, O’Hara said: “He must have tripped.”
    Like, OMG! bulletin board material.

If you need something like this to reassure you the Giants have a shot, that's bad.
    Last edited by Boston; 01-19-2008, 02:16 AM.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Im not sure if this is just wrong as a packer fan but, I kinda would prefer to see these 2 teams match up minus the weather element. I think green bays game is pretty strong and im kinda worried about the weather throwing a wrench into there system.
      I mean zero degrees with some wind is just miserable and will certainly dictate the game plan quite a bit. I still think the pack will win, but the way they will have to do it might not allow there strengths to excell.
      This is pound the football weather and its not that green bay cant run the ball well, but there passing game is among the elite teams this year.
      Last edited by Football Fan; 01-19-2008, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Football Fan View Post
        Im not sure if this is just wrong as a packer fan but, I kinda would prefer to see these 2 teams match up minus the weather element. I think green bays game is pretty strong and im kinda worried about the weather throwing a wrench into there system.
        I mean zero degrees with some wind is just miserable and will certainly dictate the game plan quite a bit. I still think the pack will win, but the way they will have to do it might not allow there strengths to excell.
        This is pound the football weather and its not that green bay cant run the ball well, but there passing game is among the elite teams this year.
        It certainly puts the teams on a more equal playing field. I see where you are coming from. Everyone says this helps Green Bay because they are used to the cold. But they aren't really used to cold like this. Neither team is. And if it forces both teams to run the ball more, that definitely helps the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          It certainly puts the teams on a more equal playing field. I see where you are coming from. Everyone says this helps Green Bay because they are used to the cold. But they aren't really used to cold like this. Neither team is. And if it forces both teams to run the ball more, that definitely helps the Giants.
          You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
            You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.
            I realise that the veterans should handle it well, its just that the roster has like 43 guys or so that have only been around a couple years. I do fully understand Favres record though and that is nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
              There is a difference between 34 degrees and 0 degrees. No one can handle that weather well (or maybe someone will). =D

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                There is a difference between 34 degrees and 0 degrees. No one can handle that weather well (or maybe someone will). =D
                Exactly. 34 degrees is certainly managable. Can you tell me Brett Favre's record when it is below 5 degrees?

Comment

Exactly. 34 degrees is certainly managable. Can you tell me Brett Favre's record when it is below 5 degrees?
                  Can you tell me Eli's record when it's below 34 degrees? Or if he's ever played in a game below 5 degrees?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If it's not windy the temperature is really not that big of a factor......I stepped outside today in Green Bay and it was -13, but the wind wasn't blowing so it didn't feel unbearably cold out. The fact that Favre has played in this weather quite a bit more gives him an advantage over Eli

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• In addition to the Pack being clearly the better team, I think this is a decent matchup for us.

The Pack can spread out the Giants and exploit their thin defensive backfield. However, I would keep Grant or Jackson in our backfield as a safety net, otherwise their rush might be a factor to some extent. It was in the last game in spite of the dominating final scoreline, although Favre has gotten more acclimated to releasing the ball quickly with the new spread offense. Plus, their front four is more adept at stopping the pass than the run, so Grant should have some big runs in the spread.

Defensively is always the biggest X-Factor with the Packers, because it affects which version of Brett Favre we see. Favre panics and thinks he has to score on every play when they set the tone by struggling early. I still think that's the case in spite of his response to our slow start last week--because that was more induced by the offense. Thankfully, the G-Men aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut (they're alright). Our defensive front four hypothetically couldn't rattle our own quarterback and aren't quite on the level of the Giants pass rushing wise, but our matchup is against Eli and their offensive front, not the Giants D. Eli is not as mobile as Favre and he should get rattled. I wish we still had Johnny, because he'd get some push into Manning's face. We're still solid there and throughout the D.

If Blackmon can return, it would be a shot in the arms to our special teams and defensive backfield.

1 more til the Super Bowl!

Comment

• Duplicate message

Comment

• I believe the Packers have the edge in at least 10 of 12 or so positions on the teams. It very well might come down to Favre versus Manning, and I'll take Favre any day, any year over Eli.
                          The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• Man I'm stoked! Let's go Pack!!!!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Last night was my Christmas Eve.. Couldn't sleep because I've been so excited (somewhat nervvous) for the next day. GAME DAY is my Christmas now, so here it is. Let's go Green Bay

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                That was Jared Allen. I could care less what they want to wear. The technology they have on the sidelines will keep them plaenty warm. Just no electric pants.

Naaa actually Strahan was on TV saying it as well

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information