No announcement yet.

Abdul Hodge/3-4 Defense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Bob Sanders have any experience with a 3-4?

Comment

Kampman / Hodge / Barnett / Hawk

Jenkins / Pickett / Williams

maybe move up to get Demarcus "Tank" Tyler

Comment

i don't think moving to the 3-4 is a good idea at all. our 4-3 is starting to look good.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
          Kampman / Hodge / Barnett / Hawk

Jenkins / Pickett / Williams

maybe move up to get Demarcus "Tank" Tyler
          There is no way that Kampman could play 3-4 OLB. Poppinga's strength is his pass rushing. It would be
          Poppinga/Hodge/Barnett/Hawk
          Jenkins/Pickett/Kampman

However, Hawk's and Kampman's talents would be wasted in the that defense. It would be a horrible move.
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
            There is no way that Kampman could play 3-4 OLB. Poppinga's strength is his pass rushing. It would be
            Poppinga/Hodge/Barnett/Hawk
            Jenkins/Pickett/Kampman

However, Hawk's and Kampman's talents would be wasted in the that defense. It would be a horrible move.
            There's no way the Packers move to a defense like that with the coaching and personnel they have.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Barnett cant make a tackle behind the line already now u think he can play MLB in a 3-4? Vilma cant do it because he too small. We are not moving to a 3-4.

Comment

They can't switch to the 3-4 because they drafted Hawk and he is a classic 4-3 olb.

Comment

Originally posted by Microphon200 View Post
                  They can't switch to the 3-4 because they drafted Hawk and he is a classic 4-3 olb.
                  They would NEVER wwitch in the near future.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

even if they switched to a 3-4, Hodge would still not start, it would be hawk and Barnett in the middle with popinga and possibly KGB on the other side, not saying KGB is good enough but he would still make a better OLB in the 3-4 than Hodge would

Originally posted by princefielder28
                    Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Sorry to bring this back up but what year's LB's/DE's would fit a 3-4

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Sorry to bring this back up but what year's LB's/DE's would fit a 3-4
                        Poppinga would actually be a much better fit in a 3-4 as an OLB. Cullen Jenkins would make a really good DE in 3-4, other than that we really don't have anybody, maybe KGB as an OLB

Originally posted by princefielder28
                        Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Originally posted by M1Koter View Post
                          Poppinga would actually be a much better fit in a 3-4 as an OLB. Cullen Jenkins would make a really good DE in 3-4, other than that we really don't have anybody, maybe KGB as an OLB
                          I meant to say prospects sorry

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                            I really think Abdul Hodge can be a good MLB in the NFL. Even though he's not great in coverage he's a tackling machine and has a good nose for the ball. That said, it seems like GB is determined to keep Barnett as their MLB which kinda leaves Hodge as the odd man out in the 4-3 defense that they currently run. An interesting idea would be for them to switch to a 3-4 instead. With the recent move of Cullen Jenkins to DE and Kampman on the other side we have two huge ends who can get a good rush as well as stop the run. If GB could get a real stout NT to eat up the middle I think we have the personnel to make the switch pretty easily, with a few FA & Draft additions.

If we could land Adalius Thomas we would have a sick (but expensive) set of LB's.

Poppinga(or upgrade,ie; Adalius Thomas)---Hodge---Barnett---Hawk

Then if we could just get a safety like Landry or Nelson in the draft, some help at CB, and a NT we would have a pretty strong defense.

Obviously this isn't gonna happen for next year since the scheme and co-ordinater are for the 4-3. I'm just looking down the road and trying to envision future possibilities.

Any thoughts/opinions?
                            I can't see it happening if Hawk is on the team. He's not a great pass rusher.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information