Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Starks will get a chance to show what he's got.

I can't say I've ever seen him play live, which is pretty rare for a collegiate player.

I don't know if he's a guy who can hit a hole immediately (assuming there are any), or if he's a guy who can get around the edge.

The more I watch Jamaal Charles, the more I dream about us having that guy back there for Rodgers to run draws to, or to get going when the defense is focusing on stopping J-Mike and Jennings.

Comment

• Chillar, Havner, and Lee all could go on IR after the injuries on Sunday. ************ this is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        Chillar, Havner, and Lee all could go on IR after the injuries on Sunday. ************ this is ridiculous.
        The Chillar one is pathetic.
        I watched that one over & over with the DVR, showing to my mom how their kick returner got thru us, as usual, and Chillar and him met head on. For the tackle.
        But Chillar came away holding his hand/arm.... and I said to my mom, watch, that will be a seemingly-innocent play where we lose him to IR, like so many others.

I mean when you see Sam Shields or Pat Lee run into anyone returning kicks, or Tramon returning punts, don't you expect our smaller, frailer return guy to be the one who gets hurt? Yes.

So why do our linebackers get hurt on 1-on-1 tackles of kick returners like that? If anyone still has it on DVR or TiVO, it happened early, I think after our FG.

I never even noticed Havner out there. Wonder if that happened on the opening kickoff.

Pat Lee, we all saw that one because Fox actually paid attention, unlike the Chillar one.

Our guys seem to be so soft physically. Shoulders all the time, hamstrings.

Comment

• Well, Frank Gore is out for the season. Should make next week's win even more automatic. Beat the 49ers and Lions and then hopefully we only need one more win over the last three weeks to get in.

Comment

• Just to comment on Zombo real quick. Personally, I like Zombs or Zombo Nation.

As mentioned in another thread, how likely do you think it may be that the Packers try to cash in on Matt Flynn this offseason considering the needs at QB around the league? I thought and still think as high as a 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              Just to comment on Zombo real quick. Personally, I like Zombs or Zombo Nation.

As mentioned in another thread, how likely do you think it may be that the Packers try to cash in on Matt Flynn this offseason considering the needs at QB around the league? I thought and still think as high as a 3rd.
              I agree with you completely, we have developed a late round pick and we should trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Then we should trade up in the draft and get Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue in the 1st round. Ahh, dreaming, but I really believe that Flynn will be traded. We will have Graham Harrell in his second year as a packer and probably draft a QB late maybe a guy like Tolzien, someone that is a winner with some accuracy like the QB out of Alabama.

Comment

• Nice to see that we got a deal with Tramon locked up. 4yr/$41mil.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111071544.html

Comment

• DeShawn Wynn Returns

DeShawn Wynn will be at Lambeau Field this week as he has been promoted.
                  For the 49ers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                    Nice to see that we got a deal with Tramon locked up. 4yr/$41mil.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111071544.html
                    Wow, he's a rich man now.
                    Too bad that wasn't 5 or 6 years for $41, from the team perspective.
                    Hopefully he's playing better than ever when that 4 year deal is up.

Comment

• As expected, Chillar and Havner were placed on IR today. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet

inpositive news, glad to see them lock Tramon up. Who is next? James Jones or Cullen Jenkins? I really hope they don't let Jenkins go. You win in the trenches, and it never hurts to have a deep and talented Dline. I want to see Jolly back next year to

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                        Wow, he's a rich man now.
                        Too bad that wasn't 5 or 6 years for $41, from the team perspective.
                        Hopefully he's playing better than ever when that 4 year deal is up.
                        I think 4 years is perfect. We have him until he's 31. That's a good time to re-evaluate at.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                          As expected, Chillar and Havner were placed on IR today. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet...
                          Un****ingReal. Our guys are fragile.

So we've now lost our #2, #3, and #4 OLBers coming into the season.

Who's left to pick up out there?
                          Is Adalius Thomas on anyone's roster?

Comment

• Very nice to hear Tramon is locked up.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              James Starks will get a chance to show what he's got.

I can't say I've ever seen him play live, which is pretty rare for a collegiate player.

I don't know if he's a guy who can hit a hole immediately (assuming there are any), or if he's a guy who can get around the edge.
                              His style and speed are very similar to Ryan Grant, although he probably has better hands and lacks the physicality of Grant. He also runs EXTREMELY upright; more like a WR then a RB. Don't expect amazing things.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              Just to comment on Zombo real quick. Personally, I like Zombs or Zombo Nation.

Why would we trade Flynn? I doubt he's shown enough for a 3rd round pick and we'd be leaving ourselves without a good backup despite having a somewhat injury prone and oft-running QB.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Like with Ryan Grant and Scott Wells the past few years, I've tried to defend Daryn Colledge. But now.... and why are we always running left behind him instead of Sitton on the sneaks and short yardage? WTF....

From Bob McGinn:
                                http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/111020224.html

RATING THE OL vs ATLANTA

The Falcons rushed three men as many times as they rushed four (16), and coordinator Brian VanGorder blitzed just 23.8%. DE John Abraham, their only rushing threat, spent the first half over Chad Clifton and most of the second half over Bryan Bulaga. He went nowhere against Clifton and had two marginal hurries against Bulaga.

So the Packers pass-blocked well, but the degree of difficulty wasn't great. The problem was the run game, where Josh Sitton was the only starter not responsible for at least one-half "bad" run.

Aaron Rodgers should have had a freeway into the end zone on the first sneak because the Falcons' front wasn't even lined up. But when Daryn Colledge got way too high against DT Peria Jerry, then didn't work well with Scott Wells against NT Corey Peters on the second, back-to-back sneaks failed.

Colledge finished with two "bad" runs, Bulaga had 1, Wells had one and Clifton had one-half. The embarrassing minus-6 run by Brandon Jackson would have been at least a short gain, but Wells lost his balance and let MLB Curtis Lofton steam in untouched. Colledge and Bulaga had false-start penalties on the last drive. Losing teams commit those kinds of fouls.

Plays of the week

Second quarter, 8 minutes left. Score tied, 3-3. On second and goal from the 2, the Packers line up with four WRs, one TE and no RB. Barking signals, Aaron Rodgers changes the huddle call. He moves up from the shotgun set to under center and takes a quick snap with 3 seconds on the play clock. The Falcons’ defense is spread all across the field.

The Falcons are late lining up; it should be an easy touchdown. DT Peria Jerry isn’t even in his stance when the ball is snapped. Across from Jerry, Daryn Colledge comes off too high and is out-leveraged by Jerry, who plays through the guard and grabs Rodgers around the knees as he surges to the 1. Chad Clifton offers little punch next to Colledge. Then LB Curtis Lofton and DT Jonathan Babineaux pop Rodgers as he topples over at the 1.

On third down, the sneak is called by Mike McCarthy. This time the Packers are in an I formation with three TEs. Arrayed against them are 11 men in the box. Again, Rodgers puts the ball under his left arm and tries to fight his way in behind Colledge. In the A gap, DT Corey Peters gets lower than C Scott Wells and Colledge, submarines and does enough to slow Rodgers’ progress. RG Josh Sitton isn’t helping much, either. As Rodgers leans forward, he is wrapped up by Lofton and the ball comes loose. It bounces about 3 yards into the end zone. LB Mike Peterson is the first man to the ball, just ahead of Brandon Jackson and Wells, and makes the contested recovery for a touchback.

http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/111020224.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information