Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance Rodgers doesnt play next week.

On Andrew Luck
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
      Man, Rodgers needs to get down and slide. Those extra 2-3 yards he got
      actually, it was an extra 12 yards. Absolutely inexcusable to not slide. My thoughts on today can be summed up with this,

JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
        Is there any chance Rodgers doesnt play next week.
        Of course. This is his 2nd concussion this year. If he doesn't pass the tests then he won't play

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Rodgers just decided not to slide anymore. He got absolutely screwed on spots this year and also got hit more often than not when he slides.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Because Tampa Bay owns the tiebreakers over us (and they have home games against these schitty Lions and the even schitter Seahawks next, and will go to 10-5 then), we have to win the division now, and because we lost a KEY DIVISIONAL game today, our only hope is for the Bears to lose to Minnesota and us. That's it. We 100% need the Vikings to beat the Bears, and us to beat the Giants and Bears.

We absolutely pissed in our own bed and deserve this consequence because we lost so many games we had in our grasp, from the Redskins to Bears to Dolphins. We should have won those games. And Atlanta.

If you can't beat teams like that, forget the playoffs. It's a shame to waste some careers like those of Driver and Woodson and Clifton who are all on the way down.

Comment

• This was a game that should have been a blowout by the time Rodgers got hurt in the 2nd quarter. Here's a recap of our first 4 drives in that first quarter. Thanks to our defense, our offense had a chance to blow them out early if our offense clicked early.

FIRST QUARTER

Tight end Andrew Quarless catches a pass over the middle, spins and tries to fight for a few extra yards but doesn't secure the ball and fumbles. Cornerback Brandon McDonald recovers for the Lions.

On the Packers second possession, Aaron Rodgers drops back on 3rd-and-1 (because we are a weak, finesse OL that can't run for a yard) and is sacked by defensive end Turk McBride. Punt. Two drives, no points on the same team that made Cutler look great last week and made Tom Brady look like.... Tom Brady, on Thanksgiving.

On the Packers third possession, a 2nd down draw to Brandon Jackson goes nowhere when he is swallowed up by Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, whom nobody blocked. Rodgers misfires on third-and-long with four wideouts. Punt again, 3 drives, nothing to show.

On the Packs next possession, on second down, receiver Greg Jennings gets deep behind cornerback Amari Spivey. Jennings has 2 steps on Spivey and Rodgers delivers a perfect pass.
              Horrifically, the ball bounces off Jennings' hands, then off his helmet and right into the hands of Spivey, who is trailing the play. Instead of giving up a touchdown, Spivey has a gift-wrapped interception, courtesy of Jennings.

Easy points left on the field, and a game that could have easily been 21-0, was 0-0.

Comment

• Now this is also more bullschit.
                Look, we all hate the Vikings.... and I hate that Metrodome because that place pipes in fake loud noise, and that roof holds the noise in... I've seen the Packers go 0-5 in there in person, will never go again.

But here we are, actually rooting hard for the Vikings in their next 2 games, which are their final home games. Now they don't need the games because amazingly they're out of it, so they're not putting up much of a fuss... but these 2 games, against the GIANTS and the BEARS are possibly not even going to be played in the Metrodome and already of course the Giants game isn't even a home game now for the Vikings.

So about the only time ever I root for the Vikings and root for that damn noise to be pumped up, they don't even get to play there.

They better get that roof fixed before next Monday night when the Bears play there. That game is a 100% must-win for the Vikings if we want to make the playoffs. How sad it is that we no longer control our own destiny because of a pathetic loss to the Motor City Kittens.

Comment

• I'd say you guys just went to threat level orange.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    Because Tampa Bay owns the tiebreakers over us (and they have home games against these schitty Lions and the even schitter Seahawks next, and will go to 10-5 then), we have to win the division now, and because we lost a KEY DIVISIONAL game today, our only hope is for the Bears to lose to Minnesota and us. That's it. We 100% need the Vikings to beat the Bears, and us to beat the Giants and Bears.
                    I just had a scenario on the playoff simulator where bucs, pack, giants all went 10-6 and the packers got in as the 6th seed. What tiebreaker do we have?
                    save Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                      Even with this loss being as discouraging as it is, I still believe we end up making the playoffs if Rodgers starts the remainder of our games.
                      Certainly possible, but your chances at the division just got real bleak unless we lose to the Vikings next week.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        Of course. This is his 2nd concussion this year. If he doesn't pass the tests then he won't play
                        He's not going to play. For the most part any player who has had a concussion has sat the next week. Rodgers got that concussion in Washington but he played which seemed odd but how many players this year have come back the next week after suffering a concussion?

Being his 2nd this year personally for his health I'd rather have him sit and be fully ready for the Giants and Bears. Who knows he could miss more then just the New England game.
                        Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!!lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!!

Comment

• I'm watching McCarthy's press conference now LIVE on Packers.com

Notes

-Cullen Jenkins probably out for at least 2 more games (NE & NYG)
                            -Zombo probably out this week, our 6th LB out
                            -Colledge possibly could go in New England
                            -QB Graham Harrell is a viable option to suit up Sunday
                            -Probably won't know til Thursday if Rodgers has a chance to play

Very short presser.... McCarthy looks EXHAUSTED.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              McCarthy looks EXHAUSTED.
                              Probably from searching for the rest of his gameplan.

Comment

• It sucks pretty badly but playing New England possibly without Rodgers, then the Giants and Bears, I'm starting to think more about the draft than playoffs...

We would need to win out to have a chance and going 2-1 the only way we could get in would mean the Bears losing every game, I think.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information